PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2007, 05:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

Kreigz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Kreigz
I can confirm that in WM5, while BT headset was connected, you could hit the answer button on the handset and it would answer with the call staying on the phone and not going to the headset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
I didn't try BT on WM5, so maybe it was different, but I'd be suprised if that functionality changed between WM5 and WM6. In the kitchen, the caller id announce over BT is done by redirecting audio to BT. If you undo that, you may recover the functionality you recall - but you'll lose call announce over BT.
Old 12-19-2007, 05:33 PM
N00b

blksprk is a n00b
Quote:
Which flash player did you include in your ROM?
I have noticed that including both flash lite and flash player seems to cause some conflicts. for one, flash player steals the file association from swf files. I would say try it with just flash player and not flash lite and see if it resolves the issue. I created a hybrid that installs both, but so not ready for prime time yet. I also upgraded my OEM to flash lite 2.1 is there a reason we dont have an updated one? is adobe being a hooch about redistribution?
Old 12-19-2007, 05:41 PM
N00b

blksprk is a n00b
On another note, two problems:

1. This kitchen makes me encode the file during the build manually(click encode and find the file, click encode). While not a big deal i liked being able to click go, then go to bed and wake up to a ROM ready to be flashed... I know, slow computer.

2. I cant set the data connection to always on without some nasty side effects:
a. Answering a phone call defaults to speakerphone even though the phone dosnt know it on speaker phone
b. I get about 5 seconds to answer the phone when it rings then it bumps to voicemail, and when I do answer it the status screen says "Unknown" for the caller, call log lists a missed call from the caller immediately followed by the unknown call.
These side effect result from both a manual registry edit and using Advanced Config

Another note is that when doing a manual reg edit (HKLM\Comm\ConnMgr\Providers\{7c4b7a38...}\Connect ions\, is only lists "Data Network Connection" where as it used to say "Verizon Wireless"
Old 12-19-2007, 06:16 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by blksprk View Post
On another note, two problems:

1. This kitchen makes me encode the file during the build manually(click encode and find the file, click encode). While not a big deal i liked being able to click go, then go to bed and wake up to a ROM ready to be flashed... I know, slow computer.
It shouldn't do that if you selected a carrier in the toolbar dropdown. If you did, which carrier did you select?
Old 12-19-2007, 06:19 PM
N00b

blksprk is a n00b
Quote:
It shouldn't do that if you selected a carrier in the toolbar dropdown. If you did, which carrier did you select?
I cant even believe I did that... I forgot that installing a new kitchen wipes the selection.txt and you start from scratch but your spot on
Old 12-19-2007, 06:26 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
I cant even believe I did that... I forgot that installing a new kitchen wipes the selection.txt and you start from scratch
Try saving your selections under a different filename.
Old 12-19-2007, 06:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Silent_Patriot is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Which flash player did you include in your ROM?
I tried both Flash Lite with Flash Player, then Flash Player alone, then Flash Lite alone. I also tried without any Flash at all and then manually installed Flash Lite 2.1 and Flash Mobile 7 directly from Adobe - that didn't work out well at all, so I just added them both back into the kitchen.

At this point, I think it's something to do with the website's implementation of Flash and not the player, since it seems to work fine on other sites. I couldn't say for sure unless I went back to Verizonguy's A4 build, which I'd rather not do now that I'm hooked on the kitchen.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:03 AM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:

b. I get about 5 seconds to answer the phone when it rings then it bumps to voicemail, and when I do answer it the status screen says "Unknown" for the caller, call log lists a missed call from the caller immediately followed by the unknown call.
This may be a symptom of trying to use a ringtone from your storage card. Big delay when your phone has to go to storage to get ringtone. Try moving ringtone to My Ringtones folder on device and see if this solves the issue.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>

Last edited by GaMedic; 12-20-2007 at 12:42 AM.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:32 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
I just flashed with a ROM made from the newest Kitchen.
So far, everything is good. Except I can't seem to change my Desktop!
It won't change from this blue gradient.
... OK. Now it will change, but only after a reset. Not a huge deal, but not the way it should work. Any ideas?

Old 12-20-2007, 04:41 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint TP; XV6900 before; XV6700 first
Carrier: was Verizon, now saving on Sprint

fredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stuff
Here's one I've not seen, which wasn't a problem for me before this kitchen. Sometimes when I go to answer the phone it answers with the speakerphone on, though I didn't put it there; sometimes it answers normally. Any thoughts?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development