PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2007, 02:50 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
The last two days, my Apache has started to not recognize my mSD card.
It only happens occasionally and always finds it again after a soft reset.
It's only become a problem when my scheduled backup doesn't happen because a)Sprite backup is installed on the card and b) the backups are stored on the card so there is no place to backup! I do keep a copy of Sprite in my ExtROM, but it's not much help if there is no place to put the backup file.
It's also been noticed when I try to play a game that is on the card isn't found.
Would also be helpful to know whether you selected SD or SDHC drivers in the kitchen and whether or not you have another card to try.

I second the advice on cleaning out the SD slot--especially if your PPC has spent any length of time without a card in there--it's basically a big dust trap.
Old 12-05-2007, 05:33 PM
Lurker

crack is a n00b
Thanx for the help post #206.
All works great but now sprinttv giving the unauthorized user error. looked through the sprinttv forum and they gave advice but not clear whether the update and cache strategy works with kitchen cause there is not folder for sprinttv under program files. any advice?
Old 12-05-2007, 06:58 PM
Lurker

erplot is a n00b
My phone volume is constantly resetting itself to the lowest setting, which results in me missing calls. It does not seem to have anything to do with the slide. It resets itself when it is just sitting in the charger. Any ideas?
Old 12-05-2007, 07:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Verizon

Robtao is keeping up the good workRobtao is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbartels View Post
Has anybody successfully gotten "Hbutton" to work? It allows me to remap the hard buttons, but errors out when I push them.
From the screenshots, there is supposed to be a folder for Hbutton, with more icons inside.
There is a new version 2.1 http://hbutton.pavlicek.org/downloading.jsp
Installing it to my extended ROM has it partially working. Adds the folder and icons. The old icon is still in Programs. Opens the old program 2.0, but it doesn't work. The new one does, but so far, only the first application actually comes up.
If I flash another WM6 ROM, I will leave this one out of the Kitchen unless it gets fixed or updated.
I will also try installing to the main memory rather than Extended ROM.
Edit: Even in main memory, only the first application opens.

Verizon: XV6700, XV6800 w/ROMs cooked in PPCGeeks Kitchen, Omnia i910 with cac2us ROM and Omnia 2 with Ninja4Hire's ROMS.

Last edited by Robtao; 12-05-2007 at 07:52 PM.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:16 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Have you tried a soft reset?

If so, then your solution is likely the best until a new OEM is made.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800 Titan (on Sprint) / PPC6700 (Sprint) Apache / Sprint Touch

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to tiermann Send a message via Yahoo to tiermann
Quote:
Originally Posted by crack View Post
Thanx for the help post #206.
All works great but now sprinttv giving the unauthorized user error. looked through the sprinttv forum and they gave advice but not clear whether the update and cache strategy works with kitchen cause there is not folder for sprinttv under program files. any advice?
The cache fix will not work with the version in the kitchen, it only works with then newest version.

The cab and cache folder is all included in one rar...
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=12622

Edit:
Scratch that. Even the new version doesn't work anymore. Sprint likes to break it on their end.

Last edited by tiermann; 12-05-2007 at 11:34 PM.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Rev A. Enabled

jstout1980 is a n00b
Issues with Flashing

I have tried several different RUU versions even the no id one and still no luck flashing my apache. I had previously flashed it with wm6 5.2.1620 build 18125.0.4.2. I have bootloader version 2.02. When i sync it thinks this is a ppc-6800. The newest version on Helmis Kitchen will not reconize the device I get error 101. I tried premade roms and i get the same error. I tried disabling USB on activesync and i disabled advanced network functions on the ppc. Still No luck. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:38 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstout1980 View Post
When i sync it thinks this is a ppc-6800.
Now that's what I call a kitchen update!

Try flashing just the 6700 radio from the stock ROM. Then try the stock ROM again.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700>6800

mbartels is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robtao View Post
From the screenshots, there is supposed to be a folder for Hbutton, with more icons inside.
There is a new version 2.1 http://hbutton.pavlicek.org/downloading.jsp
Installing it to my extended ROM has it partially working. Adds the folder and icons. The old icon is still in Programs. Opens the old program 2.0, but it doesn't work. The new one does, but so far, only the first application actually comes up.
If I flash another WM6 ROM, I will leave this one out of the Kitchen unless it gets fixed or updated.
I will also try installing to the main memory rather than Extended ROM.
Edit: Even in main memory, only the first application opens.
Wow - you messed with this a lot! I'm really bummed it's not working correctly. Thanks for the effort and for posting. I've been wondering if it was an error on my part.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:45 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregpilot View Post
I don't know if this applies to your situation, but because of the lack of a rubber
closure on the miniSD card slot, it is prone to attracting dust.

I had a similar problem to yours, I cleaned the contacts of the CD card with a Qtip and rubbing alcohol, and (carefully) aimed a shot of compressed (air with a small plastic tube) to blow the dust out of the slot. I believe you can buy small cans for dusting off keyboards, etc.

My card is back to normal. May be coincidence, but it won't hurt.

Be careful with the air, tho.
Trying this now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2chill
Would also be helpful to know whether you selected SD or SDHC drivers in the kitchen and whether or not you have another card to try.

I second the advice on cleaning out the SD slot--especially if your PPC has spent any length of time without a card in there--it's basically a big dust trap.
I selected the regular SD drivers. I'm using an old 1Gb that is almost always in there. I do have a generic 2Gb card that I could try, but it's not something that I would keep in for an extended period of time as I mostly use it for music/data. The current card is for backups, some programs and cabs of programs that install but don't want to keep installed in main memory.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development