View Single Post
Old 12-06-2007, 12:45 AM
Trident
The Source of Power

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregpilot View Post
I don't know if this applies to your situation, but because of the lack of a rubber
closure on the miniSD card slot, it is prone to attracting dust.

I had a similar problem to yours, I cleaned the contacts of the CD card with a Qtip and rubbing alcohol, and (carefully) aimed a shot of compressed (air with a small plastic tube) to blow the dust out of the slot. I believe you can buy small cans for dusting off keyboards, etc.

My card is back to normal. May be coincidence, but it won't hurt.

Be careful with the air, tho.
Trying this now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2chill
Would also be helpful to know whether you selected SD or SDHC drivers in the kitchen and whether or not you have another card to try.

I second the advice on cleaning out the SD slot--especially if your PPC has spent any length of time without a card in there--it's basically a big dust trap.
I selected the regular SD drivers. I'm using an old 1Gb that is almost always in there. I do have a generic 2Gb card that I could try, but it's not something that I would keep in for an extended period of time as I mostly use it for music/data. The current card is for backups, some programs and cabs of programs that install but don't want to keep installed in main memory.