PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2007, 06:47 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by phuangk View Post
hmm I have no problem using the Cube setting to change the audio player from the default setting to WIndows Media player..
Good thing about this version of TouchCube is, it won't eat up application memory like the flash version did
One personal problem I have with this touchCube thingy is.. I HATE to see the Finger Print all over the screen..
Yes, I was able to change the media settings, but not the application settings in the cube settings app. Not sure why not, it complains about something not being installed..

Agree on the memory use - it seems fairly lightweight.

On the smudgescreen... I agree, I hate the greasy look too. You can use your stylus for doing the gestures... kinda defeats the purpose, but it does work.

I have my 6700 one hand optimized via smartskey, wm5newmenu, and a decent launcher on the today screen, so I usually just use the dpad to get where I need to go and launch stuff... plus the hard buttons. The cube and touchflow are just too fun to play with/demo though....
Old 11-17-2007, 06:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint evo
Carrier: sprint

riironman is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
i tried making work..i swiped up and it worked but side to side..nothing. i only get just one side of the cube
Old 11-17-2007, 06:50 PM
morsus mihi
Threadstarter

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by riironman View Post
i tried making work..i swiped up and it worked but side to side..nothing. i only get just one side of the cube
Takes some getting used to... keep trying! Use the stylus just to get a feel for it. Using your finger takes just the right, er, touch

Try not to delay starting the swipe, Try to be reasonably straight, try to go all the way across edge to edge.... and as a cheat, when the cube is up, try to swipe over any "line" between buttons - less likely to fire a button action that way.

Just keep playing with it...

Oh, and read the instructions for the FTouchFlow app, which is the thing doing the swipe interpretation:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=338143

Last edited by schettj; 11-17-2007 at 07:11 PM.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC P4000, UTStarcom 6700, HTC S720, Moto Q, Moto Q9c
Carrier: TELUS

phuangk is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
Yes, I was able to change the media settings, but not the application settings in the cube settings app. Not sure why not, it complains about something not being installed..

Agree on the memory use - it seems fairly lightweight.

On the smudgescreen... I agree, I hate the greasy look too. You can use your stylus for doing the gestures... kinda defeats the purpose, but it does work.

I have my 6700 one hand optimized via smartskey, wm5newmenu, and a decent launcher on the today screen, so I usually just use the dpad to get where I need to go and launch stuff... plus the hard buttons. The cube and touchflow are just too fun to play with/demo though....
For some reason that Touch Setting application is not open up on my HTC 6800 but it works on my 6700.

Still have to say this.. This is the best touch cube I had tried in the past 2 months...
Old 11-17-2007, 08:02 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain
dude thanks! this is exactly what I've been looking for! thanks a lot dude. you rule!
Old 11-17-2007, 09:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul 6800

FatiusJeebs is a n00b
Does this workwith the 6800 as well?
Old 11-17-2007, 09:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

andril is a n00b
Talking Flo -ing

yeeeeeeah one that works like it supposed to looking forward to the final - keep up the good works
ExtROM: Stock
Radio: Stock
Old 11-18-2007, 08:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint evo
Carrier: sprint

riironman is just getting started
i got it working..nice app. i had to remove it because of memory issues and S2U2. I noticed i didnt even have to slide it up to activate , just swipe side to side and the cube shows up...maybe when the finished version shows up i will try it again.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:25 AM
morsus mihi
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by riironman View Post
i got it working..nice app. i had to remove it because of memory issues and S2U2. I noticed i didnt even have to slide it up to activate , just swipe side to side and the cube shows up...maybe when the finished version shows up i will try it again.
See my 5nd post in this topic for making the config file change to fix that - you just need to add S2U2 as an exception app for TFLo.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...66&postcount=5

As for memory issues - looks like it only uses .5mb or less to me.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

agrenwa is keeping up the good workagrenwa is keeping up the good work
<p>when using the built in notes application to draw on the screen the touchflo interfers with the hand writing (instead of drawing on the screen you end up scrollig the page), can some one post step by step instructions how to deactivate touchflo for the notes application.</p>

Last edited by agrenwa; 11-18-2007 at 09:42 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development