PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2007, 07:05 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdphoenix View Post
I'm still having problems. Not sure if it's an incompatibility between OEMs but I dont' have time to check each one right now. I just need a working phone.

Fantastic work guys. All of you. I've already dontated, but will send again when I get a bit of extra cash.
What bootloader version is on your phone?
Old 11-05-2007, 07:16 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
I have cooked a Rom after many over zealous attempts. Had to remove a lot that I wanted to add. I was able to get past first encode. When the page entitled HCT64 extented rom tool comes up I hit encode and get error saying failed to get fat16 file size.

Cleaning up
Renaming for ROM Packaging
Setting PagePool=8
PagePool address=50B4FE
Copying extra files
Encoding
nk.nbf not found

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>

Last edited by GaMedic; 11-05-2007 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Adding text.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:34 PM
Retired Staff

Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga. Medic View Post
I have cooked a Rom after many over zealous attempts. Had to remove a lot that I wanted to add. I was able to get past first encode. When the page entitled HCT64 extented rom tool comes up I hit encode and get error saying failed to get fat16 file size.
You picked a prj from the wrong folder. Back all the way out to C: and re-navigate back to C:\BuildOS\Tools (or wherever you chose to extract the new kitchen).

Unfortunately that is just a side effect of HTC64 tool (it remembers the previous kitchen you were using) that you just have to learn to adapt to. It's happened to all of us.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:54 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotbotmosh View Post
MMS ISSUE:

Cannot choose .jpg's from within the Arcsoft application. I can however highlight a jpg and select "Send" which will bring up the message menue. However upon sending the MMS message I recieve an error that my message could not be sent. I use Sprint and verified the server settings, everything there looks good, but no go.
Not sure where you're going wrong, but several Sprint users have tested this version of MMS with Sprint settings (including myself) without issue. Please post your selections.txt so I can see what you're including in your build.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:48 PM
Ditch Doctor
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2chill View Post
You picked a prj from the wrong folder. Back all the way out to C: and re-navigate back to C:\BuildOS\Tools (or wherever you chose to extract the new kitchen).

Unfortunately that is just a side effect of HTC64 tool (it remembers the previous kitchen you were using) that you just have to learn to adapt to. It's happened to all of us.
Thanks that took care of that problem. I really wish I could tell how much room I have left while I am picking OEM's so that I don't have to sit through build process just to find out I am over zealous with the number of things I picked. I WANT A ROM WITH I ALL LOL.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 5700

zefrench is a n00b
Umm First time trying to upload a cooked rom.

I have bootloader 2.02

I had to use the NoID option as the RUU would not find my device, and I had to be in bootloader mode.

The RUU and the bootloader both progress to 100 percent, then complete, I then hardreset, to no avail, it stay in boot loader.

I use the Aliant PRJ file (encoded it, then exit)

I am using Windows XP SP2

Options selected enclosed.

Naigaman in IRC fixed my problem by pointing me to the following post:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7049

Last edited by zefrench; 11-05-2007 at 10:10 PM.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Lazybones is a n00b
Question, as it does not appear in the release notes, has the SIMPLE PIN password screen lockup issue been fixed in this release?
Old 11-05-2007, 10:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6700

familydog is a n00b
Camera Bug

I DID NOT CHOOSE HTC CAMERA, AFTER ROM FLASH.. CAMERA IS NON OPERATIVE. NATIVE WM5 OR 6 CAMERA OPERATION IS GONE, CAMERA IS DEAD. CAMERA SHOULD STILL WORK USING WM6 NATIVE SUPPORT FROM MICROSOFT. THIS MAY BE A BUTTON ASSIGNMENT ISSUE IN YOUR ROM, OR
SOMETHING THAT WAS OVERLOOKED MABY ? i WILL REFLASH AND CHOOSE HTC CAMERA , BUT THE CAMERA ON 6700 SHOULD WORK FROM NATIVE
SOFTWARE IN THIS BUILD, IT WORKED FINE ON THE PREVIOUS HEMLMI ROM
WITHOUT THE HTC CAMERA INSTALLED. THANKS
Old 11-05-2007, 10:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon

?GotJazz? is just getting started
Thanks for getting back to me on this, luv2chill!

Quote:
1. This must be due to your particular mix of OEMs. I just flashed a ROM and tried word completion both in word and in outlook sending a new e-mail and word/e-mail address completion worked fine in both cases. Tiermann tested this also.
As I've been testing, I have noticed that (for some reason) I am in X19 mode all the time now. I don't know how I got into it, or how I can get out of it. I've tried fooling with the Touch Keyboard / Touch Keypad settings, but those don't seem to be fixing the problem. I will probably reload my Kitchen again in a few minutes.

ADDENDUM: I just reloaded my Kitchen, and immediately tried entering a Note using the Keyboard. Word completion didn't work, and I still saw an X19 on the top of my screen. I rebuilt and reloaded my Kitchen with "HTC Touch Keyboard" removed, and the problem went away. I think this is a real bug.

Quote:
2. According to naigaman (who spent some time on this issue), the available "kb to download" options for exchange and normal accounts is different. For exchange options are 0.5, 1, 5, entire message and headers only, and for reg email, it is 2, 5, 20, 50, headers only and entire message. Did you try to set these values in the messaging app itself or did you preconfigure them using OEMizer or some other method?

In any case I just tried setting values through the Messaging app and they appear to be working as selected.
I used the settings in the Messaging app when I configured each of my new accounts. I may have made a false-call on this (Sorry!). My current "threshold" is 20KB. I just sent myself some test messages, and apparently the message size "shrinks" after it has been fully downloaded. I sent myself a 16KB .PDF file, which was listed as a 23KB message originally, so it wasn't automatically downloaded. After I downloaded the full message, it was then listed as an 18KB message. (I'm guessing this is a result of the MIME decoding). I put up the false "bug" because I looked at a manually downloaded message that was now listed as under 20KB. I figured that since the message appeared to be under 20KB, and I had to manually download it, there was a problem. I don't know what the original size of the "bad" message was, but I'm guessing it was over 20KB.

My bad!

Quote:
3. I set my reminder notification to vibrate, set a new appointment 16 minutes int the future and set a 15 minute reminder on it. A minute later my phone vibrated as expected.
This one is odd. Sometimes I get a vibrate, and sometimes I don't. Maybe this will clear up after I rewrite the Kitchen.

Quote:
If you continue to have these issues please post a copy of your selections.txt and indicate what, if any, OEMs, reg, etc. you have added.
If I have further problems, I'll let you know. Thanks to the whole for all the hard work! And, just as much, thanks for the wonderful support! Hmmm ... I feel another donation coming in the near future ...

Cheers!

¿GotJazz?

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I'm afraid the holodeck will be society's last invention. - Scott Adams

¿GotJazz?

Last edited by ?GotJazz?; 11-05-2007 at 11:34 PM.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6700

familydog is a n00b
bug # 2 right after rom install

When Trying To Use Pie Manager Its Says " Trial Period Expired.."

How Could It Be Expired If It Was Just Installed... Ppc Date Time Are Set Correctly...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development