PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2007, 04:53 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

pdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The version of Sprint TV is the newest one, it's working fine for me.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix
I think you all answered my question, but I'm having a hard time building a ROM with much in it. Does Office really take up THAT much space? I can't put MMS and Voice Command in together or it dies @ 99%. That's with Office selected.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:38 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Whitestone
Carrier: Verizon

w0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularw0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularw0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Whats the file that needs to be edited to allow custom cities for HTC Home Weather?
Old 11-05-2007, 05:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

?GotJazz? is just getting started
Possible problems I have noticed with WM6K01:
  • Word completion does not appear functional.
  • I have selected all my e-mail accounts to download 20 KB for new messages. It appears to still download only 2 KB of data (the default value).
  • I just had a "Reminder" pop up, and my XV6700 did not vibrate (although it is configured to).
That said, THIS KITCHEN LOOKS AWESOME!

I was totally impressed with AKU3.5K04, and this Kitchen looks even better!

The build process is totally integrated now ... The BuildOS is so much nicer (and, it allows you to "Save"!)

Two big fixes for me in this Kitchen (compared to my last WM6 attempt):
  • Bluetooth can now enabled while setting up a new Internet Sharing connection.
  • Hotmail integrates properly with the Messaging app.
Cheers!

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I'm afraid the holodeck will be society's last invention. - Scott Adams

¿GotJazz?
Old 11-05-2007, 05:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700>6800

mbartels is just getting started
Two issues I noticed:

1. If you select O2 plus you can't uncheck it.
2. When I try to open OtO, HB Setup, and HTCustom I get a message that "It's not signed with a trusted certificate or one of it's components can't be found..."
Old 11-05-2007, 06:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

rickpub is a n00b
Small problem....
I get to the encode step, select sprint.prj and hit encode. nk.nbf, nk.nba, etc are created in the temp directory and step appears to complete successfully. I click exit, then in my build status window I see "nk.nbf not found" right after the "encoding" message. The files still exist in my temp dir though. When I choose "tools>Upload ROM to Device" I get the error message "nk.nbf not built yet". Any ideas? I know I can load this in other ways (since the file exists in the temp directory) but I would like to know what I may be doing wrong with the kitchen or if this is some kind of bug.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix
I'm still having problems. Not sure if it's an incompatibility between OEMs but I dont' have time to check each one right now. I just need a working phone.

Fantastic work guys. All of you. I've already dontated, but will send again when I get a bit of extra cash.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

rickpub is a n00b
Reinstalled kitchen, that problem solved.....
Old 11-05-2007, 06:48 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickpub View Post
Small problem....
I get to the encode step, select sprint.prj and hit encode. nk.nbf, nk.nba, etc are created in the temp directory and step appears to complete successfully. I click exit, then in my build status window I see "nk.nbf not found" right after the "encoding" message. The files still exist in my temp dir though. When I choose "tools>Upload ROM to Device" I get the error message "nk.nbf not built yet". Any ideas? I know I can load this in other ways (since the file exists in the temp directory) but I would like to know what I may be doing wrong with the kitchen or if this is some kind of bug.
Do you have another kitchen on your PC? Likely you picked a prj file from that instead of the Tools folder of this kitchen. It's an extremely common issue that still gets me from time to time. That's why I added the disclaimer to the step where you choose your prj file (and why there are warnings in the tips.txt file as well). You at that step you should back all the way out to C: and drill back into the proper kitchen folder \tools directory to make absolutely certain you're using the correct set of prjs.

Hope that helps.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:03 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by ?GotJazz? View Post
Possible problems I have noticed with WM6K01:
  • Word completion does not appear functional.
  • I have selected all my e-mail accounts to download 20 KB for new messages. It appears to still download only 2 KB of data (the default value).
  • I just had a "Reminder" pop up, and my XV6700 did not vibrate (although it is configured to).
That said, THIS KITCHEN LOOKS AWESOME!
1. This must be due to your particular mix of OEMs. I just flashed a ROM and tried word completion both in word and in outlook sending a new e-mail and word/e-mail address completion worked fine in both cases. Tiermann tested this also.

2. According to naigaman (who spent some time on this issue), the available "kb to download" options for exchange and normal accounts is different. For exchange options are 0.5, 1, 5, entire message and headers only, and for reg email, it is 2, 5, 20, 50, headers only and entire message. Did you try to set these values in the messaging app itself or did you preconfigure them using OEMizer or some other method?

In any case I just tried setting values through the Messaging app and they appear to be working as selected.

3. I set my reminder notification to vibrate, set a new appointment 16 minutes int the future and set a 15 minute reminder on it. A minute later my phone vibrated as expected.

If you continue to have these issues please post a copy of your selections.txt and indicate what, if any, OEMs, reg, etc. you have added.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development