PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2007, 09:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

Kolano is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Apache WM6 Kitchen CE OS 5.2.1908 (Build 18508.0.7.0) Bugs/Patches

This is the bug collection thread for the Apache WM6 Kitchen CE OS 5.2.1908 (Build 18508.0.7.0) kitchen. I'll gather bugs into this first message, so folks don't need to poke all over to find them. Please note that this thread is for bugs occurring in the ROMs produced via the kitchen, the file contents of it's OEM packages, or problems with their configuration or interaction. Bugs related to BuildOS,the tool used to compile/flash the ROM images, should be posted to it's bug thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa
BuildOS problems are generally these: Kitchen Installation fails, kitchen shortcuts don't work, application fails to start, Application exits with error msg XXX, unexplainable errors during build or startup, added OEMs don't show in BuildOS, visual display problems in BuildOS, Boot issues (white screen on PPC), and corrupt boot splash.
If you have bug let us know. Please...
Be specific.
Please provide steps to reproduce, including details of any kitchen customizations you have made.
Post your "Apache_Helmi_WM6 Selections.txt" file so your exact BuildOS selections can be replicated.

Unconfirmed Bugs
  • SD-Card Transfer Speed?
    The transfer speed to SD-Cards may be lower than expected. This issue is currently being researched.
  • Simple PIN Locks Up Phone?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lazybones
    SIMPLE PIN password screen still locks up nearly every time in this build.

The strange thing I have noticed is that if you enter your pin and hit the Unlock button it appears to just be hung, but if you leave it for like 30 to 45 seconds it finally responds..

Soft reset your device while it is enabled.. then let the password screen fully load. I tested it by just setting the password. It happens nearly every time after a soft reset, and randomly when the device is put to sleep.
  • PimBackup 2.5 and HTC Home Incompatible?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by familydog
    You Can Not Load Pim Backup 2.5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TMB_XV6700
    PimBackup 2.5 works fine on my device, without HTC home. It did seem a little flaky (unwilling to come to the top) when I had HTC Home running.
  • Problems sending MMS on Sprint?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by scottbotmosh
    Cannot choose .jpg's from within the Arcsoft application. I can however highlight a jpg and select "Send" which will bring up the message menue. However upon sending the MMS message I recieve an error that my message could not be sent. I use Sprint and verified the server settings
  • Changing network service locks up phone?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dpdurst
    If I go into the phone, options, services and then network service and change the setting from EVDO to 1x or the other setting or just go in there and do nothing but say ok, it resets the phone. If I have one of the task managers on the top bar (HTC) then it locks up the device. I have to either hard reset it and then remove the task manager and put it back or leave it off. If I do remove it and put it back its fine after this and no longer locks up

Confirmed Bugs
  • x64 Unsupported
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
    I tried both the default "install" folder and a seperate one and both give me the same error (see below). I tried to start just the app itself, but it gave me a big list of missing files. Any help to get this fixed would be great.

I'm running on Vista x64, if that makes any difference
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jbrianj View Post
    But if you run the app without the Arguments from the shortcut it at least runs the app.

Also if you load it with just the Config.txt as an argument it works fine. but errors as soon as you try to open the Selection.txt

The Error Occurs once you add in the KitchenDir=Apache_Helmi_WM6\Apache_Helmi_WM6.rar: Line to the Selections.txt
    An issue currently version prevents the startup of the BuildOS tool in x64 environments (both XP and Vista). This issue is currently being researched.
  • TouchKeyboard SIP disables messaging auto-completion
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mgioia2
    Contacts don't show up when you start typing a name in the "new" messaging line.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CHUFLY29
    I noticed when I had the TouchKeyboard installed as a separate SIP it hosed the name recognition.
  • Vogue Dialer OEM Causes Dialer to Popup on Application Close
    Quote:
    I have the HTC Vogue dialer and a fairly basic ROM installed from the kitchen. As I was setting up everything it seems the screen kept returning to the dialer view (sometimes the keypad and other times the in call screen).

Patched or Resolved Bugs
  • Cannot find PPCGEEKS_OEM.rar build error
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by scotbotmosh View Post
    When trying to build the rom I get an error that it cannot find PPCGEEKS_OEM.rar.
    To avoid this choose one of the following solutions:
    • Download the PPCGEEKS_OEM.rar file and place in in the root of your kitchen. This will also add a large set of default OEM packages to the Kitchen.
    • Comment out the following line in "Apache_Helmi_WM6 Selections.txt"...
      Code:
      ModuleDir=PPCGeeks_OEM.rar:
      ...by adding a semi-colon to it's start...
      Code:
      ;ModuleDir=PPCGeeks_OEM.rar:
    • Download NoOEM.rar , extract it to the root of the kitchen, and re-run createshortcuts.bat.
  • O2 Plus cannot be deselected
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mbartels
    If you select O2 plus you can't uncheck it.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PaulFix View Post
    Also noticed that o2 option.xml lists itself as an excluded item

<Guid type="p">43fef5a4-b736-11db-8314-0800200c9a66</Guid>
    <OEMVersion>1.0</OEMVersion>
    <OEMDate>10/25/2007</OEMDate>
    <OEMAuthor>colonel</OEMAuthor>
    <AppVersion>1.0</AppVersion>
    <AppAuthorURL>http://www.seeo2.com/product/XdaIIi/template/O2Plus.vm</AppAuthorURL>
    <ButtonType>Check</ButtonType>
    <Exclude>43fef5a4-b736-11db-8314-0800200c9a66</Exclude> <<<<<<<<<<<<here
    <Exclude>6cfca20e-12f0-11dc-8314-0800200c9a66</Exclude>
    <Exclude>4cbe6fc6-12ee-11dc-8314-0800200c9a66</Exclude>
    <Exclude>57bee5da-12ef-11dc-8314-0800200c9a66</Exclude>
    <Exclude>021c9ba4-12ef-11dc-8314-0800200c9a66</Exclude>
    <Exclude>42ac0a82-12f0-11dc-8314-0800200c9a66</Exclude>
    </Item>
    </Items>
    To deselect O2 Plus manually remove the line...
    Code:
    43fef5a4-b736-11db-8314-0800200c9a66, True, O2 Plus
    ...from your Apache_Helmi_WM6 Selections.txt file.
  • Unsigned Components
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mbartels
    When I try to open OtO, HB Setup, and HTCustom I get a message that "It's not signed with a trusted certificate or one of it's components can't be found..."
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by luv2chill
    You unchecked the .net compact framework, which is required for all of those applications you listed.
  • Camera/Comm Manager Buttons are Non-functional
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TMB_XV6700
    I had to go into the button manager settings and apply these directly:
    Press and hold (3) assigned to camera;
    Press and hold (4) assigned to Comm Mgr.

Update Requests
  • Update SPB Pocket Plus OEM (to 4.01)
  • Update WKtask OEM
  • Update S2U2 OEM
  • Add a prj file for Reliance
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by luv2chill
    I don't think we've ever had a Reliance prj file. I suspect it uses the generic UTSI_001 CID, so you should be able to use the Cellular South, Vivo Brazil, MoviStar_Venezuela, or Telus prj files (they are all exactly the same despite the different names). We'll correct that for a future release
  • Remove excess files and correct mispelling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KidGixxer
    There is a "New Text Document.txt" in OEM\OEM_PhoneInfo\ folder that is blank.

HTC Touch KeyBoard oem has a blank initflashfiles.txt

Line 152 of initflashfiles.dat in OEM_Lang_0409 "; put the OLD inbox to the program floder (temporary)"
  • Add Missing Quickmenu icon
    No icon is created by the Quickmenu OEM. Since it's possible to close Quickmenu fairly easily, having an icon to restart it is a big help.
  • Indicate Trial OEMs
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Robtao
    Would it be possible to see a list of what apps require keys and which are free to use as is?
  • Ability to install Office application separately
    [21:07] <m0nk> i wish i could ditch ms word
    [21:07] <m0nk> and just keep excell
    [21:07] <m0nk> *excel
    [21:07] <m0nk> that would be nice lol
    [21:07] <m0nk> thats like installing it on ur pc...
    [21:08] <m0nk> u get a choice... word, excel, access, pp, ect ect
  • Update Advanced Configuration Tools
    Advanced Configuration Tools 1.1 is now available.

Last edited by Kolano; 11-06-2007 at 11:21 PM.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:58 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: 6800 (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

scotbotmosh is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to scotbotmosh
When trying to build the rom I get an error that it cannot find PPCGEEKS_OEM.rar. Do I absolutley need this file to create my own ROM? If not how do I get around this?

Thank you,
Old 11-05-2007, 11:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6875 WM6.5
Carrier: Alltel

lennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to lennysh Send a message via AIM to lennysh Send a message via MSN to lennysh Send a message via Yahoo to lennysh Send a message via Skype™ to lennysh
Quote:
When trying to build the rom I get an error that it cannot find PPCGEEKS_OEM.rar. Do I absolutley need this file to create my own ROM? If not how do I get around this?

Thank you,
Just hit ok... You do not absolutly need it, although i highly recommend it. It has some nice oems...all tested with kitchen..

Verizon's (CDMA) PPC-6875 (Rhodium_W/Touch Pro2) with WM6.5

Chat Rooms:
EliteTeam: Java or IRC Client
HTCGeeks: Java or IRC Client
PPCGeeks: Java or IRC Client

Click here to donate to the CDMA Raphael Project Team
Old 11-05-2007, 11:07 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
The kitchen itself no longer contains anything "extra"--so it's just the stock stuff plus a handful of other things (the carrier customization packages, for one). You can bypass the message about missing ppcgeeks_oem.rar just fine, but you'll notice the list of OEMs is quite short.

I recommend adding the ppcgeeks_oem.rar file to the root of the kitchen (note: don't unrar it!) and re-run buildos... you'll notice a lot of new items to choose from.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:18 AM
Banned User

scotbotmosh is a n00b
It seems I can't even create a rom with out it, unless I am doing something wrong. See the error message below
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kitchen.JPG (40.8 KB, 150 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-05-2007, 11:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker

lennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to lennysh Send a message via AIM to lennysh Send a message via MSN to lennysh Send a message via Yahoo to lennysh Send a message via Skype™ to lennysh
Save your selections to a txt file.

From here on out, it would help out alot if you have an issue, save your selections to a txt file, and post that file with your post in this thread, so that we may see exactly what was installed so we can better help replicate/solve the issue you are having.

Also, on the lil window that pop's up during the build, you can also save that to a txt file. That would also help us see exactly what happened during the build.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
It seems I can't even create a rom with out it, unless I am doing something wrong. See the error message below
We are aware of this issue now, and are going to post a fix here shortly..
Old 11-05-2007, 11:36 AM
Banned User

scotbotmosh is a n00b
I just downloaded the OEM file, it has a ton of stuff in it, so I think I am good now...*fingers crossed* New ROM comming up...!!!
Old 11-05-2007, 11:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
I just downloaded the OEM file, it has a ton of stuff in it, so I think I am good now...*fingers crossed* New ROM comming up...!!!
Good choice. I knew you would not be dissappointed..
Old 11-05-2007, 11:57 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Here's a solution, if you don't want to download PPCGeeks_OEM.rar.

Download the attached NoOEM.zip,
extract to your installation directory (it may ask you about overwriting files...click yes/ok).
Run createshortcuts.bat in your install directory.
Use the NoOEM shortcut on your desktop to start BuildOS without PPCGeeks_OEM.rar
Attached Files
File Type: zip NoOEM.zip (1.8 KB, 93 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development