PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2007, 02:03 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbartels View Post
The limiting factor regarding room is the size of the extended rom, correct? If that's the case, I can safely assume that any cabs I store in extended rom to install using Tier's Autoinstall will take away from things I can install with the kitchen.
The extended ROM partition is totally separate from the ROM partition and your storage partition... so no anything you put there doesn't take away any space from anything else (it's wasted if you don't use it). So yeah feel free to store cab files or anything else you want to put there (but unlock it first). I'm of two minds about it--one one hand I like it because it's a "safe store" of sorts--you can even install programs there that will still be there even after a hard reset. But, I also see the flexibility we could have if that 10MB could be added to the ROM or Storage partitions.

But since we have no way of getting rid of it you might as well make the most of it and put stuff there!

And just following on from that, if you use tauto to install cabs you store in the extrom partition, the files from those cabs will be installed to your main storage (unless you override that) which will make them take up space there once installed.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

saqer is keeping up the good worksaqer is keeping up the good work
I can confirm the lack of auto completion/ word suggestion, but other than that every thing's great. I included the following OEM's/options:

1. MSVC
2. Quickmenu
3. HTC Audio Manager
4. Cambridge BT
5. Bluetooth FTP
6. Sudoku, Crosswords, Chess
7. The Touch keyboards and Album
8. Internet Sharing, Wmodem, and Wireless Modem
9. Remote Desktop Mobile
10. Office mobile 2007 and Onenote
11. Esmertic Java
12. Flash Video Bundle
13. MusicID
14. HTC performance
15. PocketRAR
16. Additional sounds, ringtones and themes
17. One of the keyboard skins, and calculator skin

It's only happened to me once and it was totally random, but upon trying to silence an incoming call using the slider the phone just kept ringing and didn't stop for roughly a minute until i soft reset. Again, it was only once, but I'll be watching if it happens again. Note, that I do not have either of the device lock or slide2lock OEM's.

Last edited by saqer; 11-06-2007 at 02:06 PM.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:11 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
It is the Touch keyboard that is breaking autocompletion (it must be since everyone who has complained about that has installed that OEM). Does it also break if installed as a cab file?

I didn't make that OEM--have never even used that SIP so hopefully someone else who is familiar with it can jump in here. Until then I'd say if you want word completion don't include the Touch keyboard OEM.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700

CHUFLY29 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2chill View Post
It is the Touch keyboard that is breaking autocompletion (it must be since everyone who has complained about that has installed that OEM). Does it also break if installed as a cab file?

I didn't make that OEM--have never even used that SIP so hopefully someone else who is familiar with it can jump in here. Until then I'd say if you want word completion don't include the Touch keyboard OEM.
I had the same issue with contact name completion when I installed it as a separate cab on a different ROM. It still suggested words when typing out the actual message. I'll cook up a new ROM tonight w/o the Touch Keyboard and report back.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:05 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: 6800 (Mogul)

scotbotmosh is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to scotbotmosh
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachspda View Post
Under server configuration in mms you need to change mms.sprintpcs.com to 63.215.195.152 leave the rest the same
mms.sprintpcs.com and 63.215.195.152 are the same thing, it's nothing more than a DNS resolution. They are both mms.sprintpcs.com if it was a DNS issue it would be on Sprint's side and everyone here would be complaining.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

iolaus is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
S2U2 looks like it might be "old" as well - some of the OEMs are pretty fast moving targets, having them in a password protected rar file might be a support issue long term.
It would be cool if the OEMs could be added to a SVN repository so advanced users could just do a get latest and only download the updated OEMs. It could be set to auto package everything into a downloadable .rar once a week or so for those users who didn't want to screw with SVN.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

tfoose is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotbotmosh View Post
tfoose..are you on sprint?
Sorry to take so long to get back to ya..yes sir, i am on sprint

also: mine is set to the http://mms.sprintpcs.com/ , not sending over the wireless, this is over the phone using sprint connection.
Still working today.

Last edited by tfoose; 11-06-2007 at 04:35 PM.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

zachspda is just getting started
Changing the dns name to the ip worked for me. I am on sprint and notcied it would not go through when i wason sprints network but it would when using wifi. So it is working for me just fine using the IP addy
Old 11-06-2007, 03:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6875 WM6.5
Carrier: Alltel

lennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to lennysh Send a message via AIM to lennysh Send a message via MSN to lennysh Send a message via Yahoo to lennysh Send a message via Skype™ to lennysh
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotbotmosh View Post
mms.sprintpcs.com and 63.215.195.152 are the same thing, it's nothing more than a DNS resolution. They are both mms.sprintpcs.com if it was a DNS issue it would be on Sprint's side and everyone here would be complaining.
The reason the IP work's better is it no longer has to lookup the ip address for mms.sprintpcs.com. It basically take's out a step dealing with the DNS servers.

Verizon's (CDMA) PPC-6875 (Rhodium_W/Touch Pro2) with WM6.5

Chat Rooms:
EliteTeam: Java or IRC Client
HTCGeeks: Java or IRC Client
PPCGeeks: Java or IRC Client

Click here to donate to the CDMA Raphael Project Team
Old 11-06-2007, 03:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6875 WM6.5
Carrier: Alltel

lennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to lennysh Send a message via AIM to lennysh Send a message via MSN to lennysh Send a message via Yahoo to lennysh Send a message via Skype™ to lennysh
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrakuma View Post
When I cooked my ROM, I selected the "WM6 VoIP" component, and I am able to configure my SIP provider with the setup program, but I can't get beyond that.

I am connected via Wi-Fi, my SIP session is configured to be used whenever available, and Internet Calling is checked to show up on my Today screen (although nothing shows up)

I don't know if the integrated SIP client doesnt work at all or if it is my problem. Can someone help me to find out if there is a way to troubleshoot my SIP connection?

Thanks
I have not personally tried the OEM of this, but I do know the cab I had worked. The today screen plugin does not work on CDMA phones yet since it was designed for GSM phones. But if you notice when you are on wifi or data connection, if it's connected, you should see the name of your VoIP when in the phone app. Instead of your carrier name. Let me know. If you see the name of your VoIP, that means you are connected, and your next outgoing call will use that.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development