PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2008, 09:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC 6700
Carrier: Sprint

Pir8Man is keeping up the good workPir8Man is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New BuildOS - Report Bugs Here

after many, many, many retried to download the latest ppcgeeks_oem, i manually downloaded it. Ok, find. so I launch buildOS to see what rom I can cook up..
I was disappointed to find iBliss dialer was removed. first wm5torage, now iBliss. removed with out any reason. It sure wasn't a compatability issue, I used both of these apps with no issues in WM6 and WM6.1.

I have asked several times for discussion threads about the changes happening to the OEM files, to no avail. I keep having to move files from the old rars into the user oem folder just to keep the apps that ppckitchen keeps removing.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

Peaches is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Peaches Send a message via Yahoo to Peaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pir8Man View Post
I was disappointed to find iBliss dialer was removed. first wm5torage, now iBliss. removed with out any reason. It sure wasn't a compatability issue, I used both of these apps with no issues in WM6 and WM6.1...
I also used the iBliss dialer and do not have a saved cab. I've searched but can't seem to find one

Treo650, Treo700, xv6700, HTC Touch, Omnia i910, HTC Touch Pro 2, Droid 2, Droid X
Old 07-31-2008, 02:28 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration
Threadstarter

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Honestly, do you guys really think that things get removed for no reason?

wm5torage was replaced by usb2pc.
iBliss was broken by newer Smartdial. If it gets fixed, it'll be back.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV-6700 (Verizon HTC Apache)
Carrier: Only PPCGEEKS.com; I don't even pay monthly anymore.

PocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to PocketPcUser Send a message via MSN to PocketPcUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pir8Man View Post
after many, many, many retried to download the latest ppcgeeks_oem, i manually downloaded it. Ok, find. so I launch buildOS to see what rom I can cook up..
I was disappointed to find iBliss dialer was removed. first wm5torage, now iBliss. removed with out any reason. It sure wasn't a compatability issue, I used both of these apps with no issues in WM6 and WM6.1.

I have asked several times for discussion threads about the changes happening to the OEM files, to no avail. I keep having to move files from the old rars into the user oem folder just to keep the apps that ppckitchen keeps removing.
Yep, there are a lot of things that go on behind the scenes, that you may not be aware of. There are reports of problems with the Lenny build of WM6.1, and since that is the one most people will use, that is why it was removed. I have tried to reproduce the reported problems with WM5torage, but to no avail.. However, just because I can not reproduce it, doesn't mean that another configuration, will work without problems. So, until it can be clearly confirmed, that it works fine with several different variations of the Lenny build, it is best not to include it in the kitchen. For the very same reasons, as you describe, people get mad and upset at the Kitchen team, when problems happen. So, to try and meet in the middle, once there are a certain amount of reports, the OEM is probably removed from the next update, and then put into a research state, where the problem is then looked into. Besides, they are only able to do as good as we do, at assisting them with the issues we report, or lacking to report. Look for them in the chat, and try and see exactly what was the problem, and see if they have something for you to try, to see if with your help, they can fix the incompatibility problem, and restore the OEM.
by clicking below:

Thanks,
Andrew,
Old 08-01-2008, 01:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

I am sure that there is good reason for any changes. I wish that I could find out what the reasons are. I search everywhere in this forum and find nothing about any issues with the apps I miss. Neither can I find any postings about thier being removed from the kitchen. Had I found any discussion about it, I would have gotten in on testing and helping to resolve issues. Instead I came here to ask to not be left in the dark.

How is iBliss broken? where can i find that information ?

Last edited by Pir8Man; 08-02-2008 at 04:22 AM.
Old 08-03-2008, 01:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

I was perusing through building an new rom since I just replace my phone (again)
I found a few recommendations and thought i'd share...

the OEM "Startup Animation" that is in the kitchen be given:
<RequireDeviceFeature>!Apache</RequireDeviceFeature>

to it's option.xml. Since it says not for apache anyway.

ArcSoft MMS 5.0.31.7 should be given :
<ButtonType>GroupRadioNone</ButtonType>

I kinda think the same might be done with the HTC task managers that are in the OEMs. Nobody would pick both of 'em.

Last edited by Pir8Man; 08-03-2008 at 02:08 AM.
Old 08-03-2008, 02:27 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration
Threadstarter

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Done. Thanks.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

Peteman100 is becoming a great contributor

I just got an error that says "Error building default.hv and user.hv!" Does anyone know what the problem might be? If it helps, I am using BuildOS to modify an existing ROM. Thanks!
Old 08-05-2008, 01:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

I also found that Microsoft Voice Command version 1.6.19958 does not work on the Apache. version 1.6.19581 has worked so far.
Old 08-05-2008, 02:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peteman100 View Post
I just got an error that says "Error building default.hv and user.hv!" Does anyone know what the problem might be? If it helps, I am using BuildOS to modify an existing ROM. Thanks!
that answer is here:http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread....hv#post295157
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development