PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2008, 12:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC-6700
Carrier: Sprint

Biggjimmy7 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'm having an interesting problem that I have tried searching through the board, this thread and XDA but haven't been able to figure this one out. I have the latest BuildOs and the 12/17/07 WM6 release and OEM.rar package in the c:/BuildOs folder. After choosing all the files and programs I want I click the green arrow button "build rom". Well shortly after it opens up the module and starts compiling the information my computer gets in to DOS mode and says critical error and proceeds to restart. I have tried changing the RUU, splash screens, dialers, and programs I want to include but time and time again I kep having the same problem. Am I doing something wrong (most likley) or is there a problem with the software? Thanks for the help in advance.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:59 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration
Threadstarter

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggjimmy7 View Post
I'm having an interesting problem that I have tried searching through the board, this thread and XDA but haven't been able to figure this one out. I have the latest BuildOs and the 12/17/07 WM6 release and OEM.rar package in the c:/BuildOs folder. After choosing all the files and programs I want I click the green arrow button "build rom". Well shortly after it opens up the module and starts compiling the information my computer gets in to DOS mode and says critical error and proceeds to restart. I have tried changing the RUU, splash screens, dialers, and programs I want to include but time and time again I kep having the same problem. Am I doing something wrong (most likley) or is there a problem with the software? Thanks for the help in advance.
You have a fundamental problem w/ your computer. The best place to start (asumming you've already visited Windows Update) is when you get the BSOD (Blue Screen of Death), write down Error msg and the 4 numbers in parenthesis. Search the web for the first number and/or the error msg. If you're lucky, your problem will be known and easily resolvable. If you're unlucky, you'll end up having to reinstall your OS.
Old 01-04-2008, 05:42 PM
N00b

Biggjimmy7 is a n00b
Thanks for the quick reply. Well I did it again like you said and took down the information. In sort it said.....

Stop: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0xAF90AAf8, 0xAE9f6990, 0x00000000)

SAVRT.SYS Address Af90AAf8 Base at Af8f2000

Date stamp 3Fa3986d

hope this helps. Thanks again for the help.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:33 PM
Deep Thinker
Threadstarter

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
try this, biggjimmy7
Old 01-05-2008, 01:38 PM
N00b

Biggjimmy7 is a n00b
That did the trick. You are the man gguruusa. Thanks again for all the help. Lord knows how long it would have taken me to figure that one out by myself.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo 700w -> XV6800 -> HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Maverick_TN is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to Maverick_TN Send a message via AIM to Maverick_TN Send a message via Yahoo to Maverick_TN
any progress on the x64 problem yet?

Last edited by Maverick_TN; 01-06-2008 at 09:35 PM.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:56 PM
Deep Thinker
Threadstarter

What x64 problem?
Old 01-07-2008, 11:40 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo 700w -> XV6800 -> HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Maverick_TN is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to Maverick_TN Send a message via AIM to Maverick_TN Send a message via Yahoo to Maverick_TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
I have the same issue on Vista x64, so it must be a 64bit OS problem
Im running vista 64bit and it stops responding

'PPC-BuildOS.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\mscorlib\2.0.0.0__b77a 5c561934e089\mscorlib.dll', No symbols loaded.
'PPC-BuildOS.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'F:\Kitchen\PPC-BuildOS.exe', No symbols loaded.
'PPC-BuildOS.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.VisualBasi c\8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Microsoft.VisualBasic. dll', No symbols loaded.
'PPC-BuildOS.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\2.0.0.0__b77a 5c561934e089\System.dll', No symbols loaded.
'PPC-BuildOS.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms \2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dl l', No symbols loaded.
'PPC-BuildOS.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\2.0.0 .0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll', No symbols loaded.
'PPC-BuildOS.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Runtime.Remot ing\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Runtime.Remot ing.dll', No symbols loaded.
A first chance exception of type 'System.IO.FileNotFoundException' occurred in Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
An unhandled exception of type 'System.IO.FileNotFoundException' occurred in Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
Additional information: Could not load file or assembly 'EventListView, Version=1.0.2879.36232, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
The program '[5084] PPC-BuildOS.exe: Managed' has exited with code -532459699 (0xe0434f4d).

Last edited by Maverick_TN; 01-07-2008 at 11:49 AM.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:15 PM
Deep Thinker
Threadstarter

that's odd. Where did you install it to? Check for EventListView.dll in {install_Dir}\buildos. It's possible I assembled that dll incorrectly for x64 systems - I'll check.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC 6700

Pir8Man is keeping up the good workPir8Man is keeping up the good work
whats my rom size???

is there any way to figure out the size of the rom build?

Even if its after installtion, I'd like to know how much room i have left to squeeze in an app or 2.
instead of guessing at what to add/remove to fit in one big app. Just want any cheesy stop-gap measure instead of blind guessing at what will fit in a rom. (No, im not asking for the gui display thats being developed).

thx for any suggestions.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development