PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #621 (permalink)  
Old 11-20-2007, 07:44 AM
gguruusa's Avatar
Deep Thinker
Offline
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration
Location: Mountain top
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,252
Reputation: 4726
gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Yes, those are the latest files available and you should use them to make a rom.
__________________
Grammar: The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.
Reply With Quote
  #622 (permalink)  
Old 11-20-2007, 08:58 AM
Gervy's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon
Location: NY
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 346
Reputation: 17
Gervy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by friguy3 View Post
just a dumb question...why can a group of people on here do this, but the people at verizon cant? hmmmmm...another great update. thanks for everything!
They can... they just won't. They would rather you buy new phones.
__________________
Gervy


--------------
Verizon Droid Eris
Reply With Quote
  #623 (permalink)  
Old 11-20-2007, 09:01 AM
Gervy's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon
Location: NY
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 346
Reputation: 17
Gervy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Another release....

Great, another flipping release... time to reflash my phone, again.
Heh heh...


You guys ROCK!!!




Gervy
Reply With Quote
  #624 (permalink)  
Old 11-20-2007, 11:29 PM
939sam0's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: verizon wireless vx6700
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1
Reputation: 0
939sam0 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks ladies and gentlemen I am having fun working on my phone and learning things that I didn't know you could do with it
Reply With Quote
  #625 (permalink)  
Old 11-21-2007, 11:05 AM
Lacussumok's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: SPRINT
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 24
Reputation: 10
Lacussumok is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
hello this is prob a stupid ? but how do i install this im new to the whole pocket pc thing i used 2 have an mpx220 but b4 that nothing so i dontreally knw how to do a rom update and i searched for rom tutorial and i ddent fiind nething that could help me

all i have accomplished rite now is i have the files downloaded i installed the Helmi_WM6_Apache_Kitchen_071117_1 and i put the PPCGeeks_OEM in the folder and i run the app its a big list and i went through and checked the stuff i would like but i dont want to forget something and mess up my phone so im being as carfull as possible

please help ide really appericate it im sorry for being such a noob

Last edited by Lacussumok; 11-21-2007 at 11:22 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #626 (permalink)  
Old 11-21-2007, 01:50 PM
luv2chill's Avatar
Retired Staff
Offline
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint
Location: Lawrence, KS
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,524
Reputation: 143
luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacussumok View Post
hello this is prob a stupid ? but how do i install this im new to the whole pocket pc thing i used 2 have an mpx220 but b4 that nothing so i dontreally knw how to do a rom update and i searched for rom tutorial and i ddent fiind nething that could help me

all i have accomplished rite now is i have the files downloaded i installed the Helmi_WM6_Apache_Kitchen_071117_1 and i put the PPCGeeks_OEM in the folder and i run the app its a big list and i went through and checked the stuff i would like but i dont want to forget something and mess up my phone so im being as carfull as possible

please help ide really appericate it im sorry for being such a noob
Sounds like you've done everything correctly so far. You should only select a few of the checkboxes the first time you build a ROM until you get a feel for how much it will hold. A common noob mistake is checking lots of boxes and then getting errors when trying to create/boot the ROM because it was too full. So be very conservative with the additional things that you check.

One thing to make sure to select is your carrier in the "Carrier Customize" section. Also select that same carrier up at the top of the Window. You can also choose what splash screens are used. When you're done selecting stuff, first go to the file menu, choose Save As... and give the file a name. That will save all of your choices so you can easily open it the next time (also, if you get any further errors in the process, post here again and attach that file to your post so we can help you troubleshoot).

Once you've saved it, click the Play button in the toolbar. The rest of the process is pretty much obvious. It will take a bit of time to create the ROM and then it will prompt you when it's time to hook up the phone to the computer to be flashed.
Reply With Quote
  #627 (permalink)  
Old 11-21-2007, 06:42 PM
gguruusa's Avatar
Deep Thinker
Offline
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration
Location: Mountain top
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,252
Reputation: 4726
gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
...don't forget to backup anything you want to preserve before you flash your phone!

(I keep forgetting to add that to the prompts)
Reply With Quote
  #628 (permalink)  
Old 11-21-2007, 08:29 PM
Lacussumok's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: SPRINT
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 24
Reputation: 10
Lacussumok is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2chill View Post
Sounds like you've done everything correctly so far. You should only select a few of the checkboxes the first time you build a ROM until you get a feel for how much it will hold. A common noob mistake is checking lots of boxes and then getting errors when trying to create/boot the ROM because it was too full. So be very conservative with the additional things that you check.

One thing to make sure to select is your carrier in the "Carrier Customize" section. Also select that same carrier up at the top of the Window. You can also choose what splash screens are used. When you're done selecting stuff, first go to the file menu, choose Save As... and give the file a name. That will save all of your choices so you can easily open it the next time (also, if you get any further errors in the process, post here again and attach that file to your post so we can help you troubleshoot).

Once you've saved it, click the Play button in the toolbar. The rest of the process is pretty much obvious. It will take a bit of time to create the ROM and then it will prompt you when it's time to hook up the phone to the computer to be flashed.

thanks mannn i got everything done except flash the rom. is it possible to backup my old rom just incase something happens i can go back to it?
Reply With Quote
  #629 (permalink)  
Old 11-21-2007, 08:50 PM
collindv's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 72
Reputation: 20
collindv is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacussumok View Post
thanks mannn i got everything done except flash the rom. is it possible to backup my old rom just incase something happens i can go back to it?
You can always download the official ROM from your carrier if you need to. Trust me, you won't want to!
Reply With Quote
  #630 (permalink)  
Old 11-21-2007, 10:55 PM
Lacussumok's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: SPRINT
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 24
Reputation: 10
Lacussumok is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by collindv View Post
You can always download the official ROM from your carrier if you need to. Trust me, you won't want to!
ok i got everything good now except the flashing part i hit the play button ant it builds the rom and everything then it asks me to go into bootloader mode and i dont exactly knw what that is i mean i hit the reset button while holding the button on the top and side and my screen turns off with lettering saying serial v1.2 and then when i put the usb in it says usb but it dosent do nothing it just says connection error and now my phone isent working its stuck in the serial mode even when i do a hard reset it says press ok to clear and it dosent do nothing please help im stuck in this mode and i cant get out of it

Last edited by Lacussumok; 11-21-2007 at 11:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com