PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2007, 07:44 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Yes, those are the latest files available and you should use them to make a rom.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon

Gervy is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by friguy3 View Post
just a dumb question...why can a group of people on here do this, but the people at verizon cant? hmmmmm...another great update. thanks for everything!
They can... they just won't. They would rather you buy new phones.

--------------
Verizon Droid Eris
Old 11-20-2007, 09:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon

Gervy is a n00b
Another release....

Great, another flipping release... time to reflash my phone, again.
Heh heh...

You guys ROCK!!!

Gervy
Old 11-20-2007, 11:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: verizon wireless vx6700

939sam0 is a n00b
Thanks ladies and gentlemen I am having fun working on my phone and learning things that I didn't know you could do with it
Old 11-21-2007, 11:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: SPRINT

Lacussumok is a n00b
hello this is prob a stupid ? but how do i install this im new to the whole pocket pc thing i used 2 have an mpx220 but b4 that nothing so i dontreally knw how to do a rom update and i searched for rom tutorial and i ddent fiind nething that could help me

all i have accomplished rite now is i have the files downloaded i installed the Helmi_WM6_Apache_Kitchen_071117_1 and i put the PPCGeeks_OEM in the folder and i run the app its a big list and i went through and checked the stuff i would like but i dont want to forget something and mess up my phone so im being as carfull as possible

please help ide really appericate it im sorry for being such a noob

Last edited by Lacussumok; 11-21-2007 at 11:22 AM.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:50 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacussumok View Post
hello this is prob a stupid ? but how do i install this im new to the whole pocket pc thing i used 2 have an mpx220 but b4 that nothing so i dontreally knw how to do a rom update and i searched for rom tutorial and i ddent fiind nething that could help me

all i have accomplished rite now is i have the files downloaded i installed the Helmi_WM6_Apache_Kitchen_071117_1 and i put the PPCGeeks_OEM in the folder and i run the app its a big list and i went through and checked the stuff i would like but i dont want to forget something and mess up my phone so im being as carfull as possible

please help ide really appericate it im sorry for being such a noob
Sounds like you've done everything correctly so far. You should only select a few of the checkboxes the first time you build a ROM until you get a feel for how much it will hold. A common noob mistake is checking lots of boxes and then getting errors when trying to create/boot the ROM because it was too full. So be very conservative with the additional things that you check.

One thing to make sure to select is your carrier in the "Carrier Customize" section. Also select that same carrier up at the top of the Window. You can also choose what splash screens are used. When you're done selecting stuff, first go to the file menu, choose Save As... and give the file a name. That will save all of your choices so you can easily open it the next time (also, if you get any further errors in the process, post here again and attach that file to your post so we can help you troubleshoot).

Once you've saved it, click the Play button in the toolbar. The rest of the process is pretty much obvious. It will take a bit of time to create the ROM and then it will prompt you when it's time to hook up the phone to the computer to be flashed.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:42 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
...don't forget to backup anything you want to preserve before you flash your phone!

(I keep forgetting to add that to the prompts)
Old 11-21-2007, 08:29 PM
Lurker

Lacussumok is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2chill View Post
Sounds like you've done everything correctly so far. You should only select a few of the checkboxes the first time you build a ROM until you get a feel for how much it will hold. A common noob mistake is checking lots of boxes and then getting errors when trying to create/boot the ROM because it was too full. So be very conservative with the additional things that you check.

One thing to make sure to select is your carrier in the "Carrier Customize" section. Also select that same carrier up at the top of the Window. You can also choose what splash screens are used. When you're done selecting stuff, first go to the file menu, choose Save As... and give the file a name. That will save all of your choices so you can easily open it the next time (also, if you get any further errors in the process, post here again and attach that file to your post so we can help you troubleshoot).

Once you've saved it, click the Play button in the toolbar. The rest of the process is pretty much obvious. It will take a bit of time to create the ROM and then it will prompt you when it's time to hook up the phone to the computer to be flashed.

thanks mannn i got everything done except flash the rom. is it possible to backup my old rom just incase something happens i can go back to it?
Old 11-21-2007, 08:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

collindv is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacussumok View Post
thanks mannn i got everything done except flash the rom. is it possible to backup my old rom just incase something happens i can go back to it?
You can always download the official ROM from your carrier if you need to. Trust me, you won't want to!
Old 11-21-2007, 10:55 PM
Lurker

Lacussumok is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by collindv View Post
You can always download the official ROM from your carrier if you need to. Trust me, you won't want to!
ok i got everything good now except the flashing part i hit the play button ant it builds the rom and everything then it asks me to go into bootloader mode and i dont exactly knw what that is i mean i hit the reset button while holding the button on the top and side and my screen turns off with lettering saying serial v1.2 and then when i put the usb in it says usb but it dosent do nothing it just says connection error and now my phone isent working its stuck in the serial mode even when i do a hard reset it says press ok to clear and it dosent do nothing please help im stuck in this mode and i cant get out of it

Last edited by Lacussumok; 11-21-2007 at 11:02 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development