PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2007, 10:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

JimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XzolanKB View Post
Great job on this kitchen, I love it.

Having spent a few hours working with mine, I noticed there wasnt a voicemail item for the today screen. Is that included in a OEM that I overlooked or should I go looking for it elsewhere?

Also the Cached list for email/text recipients isnt displaying for my contacts, im still working on that, perhaps im just not doing something right.
I have also noticed that Voice Mail is missing from the selections of Today Screen items. I didn't find an answer with a search, so is there an answer?
Old 11-13-2007, 10:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

eessienu is a n00b
^^ Thanks alot luv2chill I will try this out when I get off work. :~)
Old 11-13-2007, 10:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6700

TMB_XV6700 is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by eessienu View Post
Where do i place these two updates(Kitchen Installer and the OEM package) on my phone and do I have to do one before the other? Thanks for any help I can receive.
eessienu,
The kitchen installer and OEM package are intended to run on a PC, not your phone. You use them to create and flash a new rom image to your phone.
It's been over a week since I last did this, and things may have changed. This is what I remember:
1. Download and run the kitchen installer file. This will create a new folder called \BuildOS on the c: drive of the computer. It will also create a couple shortcuts on the desktop.
2. Download the ppcgeeks OEM file - save it to the new c:\BuildOS folder.
3. Read the tips.txt in the c:\BuildOS folder.
4. Read the first 3-4 pages of this thread (at least)
5. Go to the desktop, double-click on the chef icon, and cook your rom (don't be too greedy; you'll have to do it over again).

[Dang I type too slow....]
Old 11-14-2007, 03:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

trayson is a n00b
Trying to get this done...

I first got the "fat 16 file too large", but based on at least one other comment, I pressed on to see if it'd work.

so at the bottom of my build status dialogue box, it says, "nk.nbf not found".

And I suppose the thing that's confusing me the most is that I'm not finding a "createrom.bat" like is referenced in the "Kitchen Walkthrough" PDF that I used the last time I did the 3.5 ROM. EDIT: I just found the "Upload Rom to Device" in the drop down menus, so I now know that that replaces the createrom.bat (Can you blame me when the "instructions" are for the old kitchen software?).

So, what am I doing wrong? It has something to do with this nk.nbf not being found... Do I just need to select even less stuff in my kitchen and try again until I don't get the "fat 16 file too large" error??? or is there some other reason why the nk.nbf isn't showing up?

Last edited by trayson; 11-14-2007 at 03:31 AM.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:18 AM
Lurker

jeston is a n00b
First, I want to say thanks to the guys who put all this together. I've been using the ROM posted earlier and loved it.

However, I fear I must've done something wrong this time around flashing my phone. After trimming my program selection down enough so I didn't get an "out of memory" error when it was creating the ROM I was finally able to put it on my phone. Flashing took only 8 minutes. When it was done, as directed, I disconnected the cable and did a soft reset. The problem is, nothing ever came back on the screen. I'm fairly new at this, so maybe I did something wrong, but I did exactly what I did when flashing with the last ROM. Hard resetting results in the same blank black screen. Trying to put it in boot loader mode does nothing. I've taken the battery out for a few minutes with no help. If I plug it into the computer it sees it, but says it is an unrecognized device. Trying to reflash ends with not being able to get the device information of course. Is there anything I can do?
Old 11-14-2007, 06:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

Snager is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by trayson View Post
Trying to get this done...

I first got the "fat 16 file too large", but based on at least one other comment, I pressed on to see if it'd work.

so at the bottom of my build status dialogue box, it says, "nk.nbf not found".
this is from the thread: Sticky: New BuildOS - Report Bugs Here

User Error:
1. "Can't find nk.nbf" error.
- You have run HTC64_encoder with an old kitchen, and did not drill to the current kitchen's path when selecting the .prj file.

good luck
Old 11-14-2007, 08:48 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

eessienu is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMB_XV6700 View Post
eessienu,
The kitchen installer and OEM package are intended to run on a PC, not your phone. You use them to create and flash a new rom image to your phone.
It's been over a week since I last did this, and things may have changed. This is what I remember:
1. Download and run the kitchen installer file. This will create a new folder called \BuildOS on the c: drive of the computer. It will also create a couple shortcuts on the desktop.
2. Download the ppcgeeks OEM file - save it to the new c:\BuildOS folder.
3. Read the tips.txt in the c:\BuildOS folder.
4. Read the first 3-4 pages of this thread (at least)
5. Go to the desktop, double-click on the chef icon, and cook your rom (don't be too greedy; you'll have to do it over again).

[Dang I type too slow....]
I appreciate your quick response even tho luv2chill beat you to it. Your explanation is a little clearer tho :~) thanks pal!
Old 11-14-2007, 09:45 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by trayson View Post
And I suppose the thing that's confusing me the most is that I'm not finding a "createrom.bat" like is referenced in the "Kitchen Walkthrough" PDF that I used the last time I did the 3.5 ROM. EDIT: I just found the "Upload Rom to Device" in the drop down menus, so I now know that that replaces the createrom.bat (Can you blame me when the "instructions" are for the old kitchen software?).

So, what am I doing wrong? It has something to do with this nk.nbf not being found... Do I just need to select even less stuff in my kitchen and try again until I don't get the "fat 16 file too large" error??? or is there some other reason why the nk.nbf isn't showing up?
Yes, you need to select less stuff so you dont get the "out of memory" error. Once you resolve that, the Encoder and RUU steps will happen automatically.

The "Upload Rom to Device" menu option is for flashing the last successfully built rom to your phone. You have yet to successfully build a ROM, so this does not yet apply to you.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6700

TMB_XV6700 is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snager View Post
this is from the thread: Sticky: New BuildOS - Report Bugs Here

User Error:
1. "Can't find nk.nbf" error.
- You have run HTC64_encoder with an old kitchen, and did not drill to the current kitchen's path when selecting the .prj file.

good luck
Trayson,
Perhaps to clarify a little more, at the encode step, you'll be presented with a window to select a file associated with your carrier, e.g. verizon.prj. DON'T PICK IT HERE - if you've ever used a kitchen before, the selection is in the wrong spot. You need to back out of the folder shown and navigate over to the \BuildOS\Tools folder (in the new kitchen). Pick the appropriate .prj file here.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:53 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeston View Post
The problem is, nothing ever came back on the screen. I'm fairly new at this, so maybe I did something wrong, but I did exactly what I did when flashing with the last ROM. Hard resetting results in the same blank black screen. Trying to put it in boot loader mode does nothing. I've taken the battery out for a few minutes with no help. If I plug it into the computer it sees it, but says it is an unrecognized device. Trying to reflash ends with not being able to get the device information of course. Is there anything I can do?
The blank black screen is not a bootloader screen? I assume that when you try to hard reset, you get the white screen w/ the Y/N prompt?

Put your phone back in bootloader mode, and reflash. If you can't get your phone into bootloader mode, stop by the chat room.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development