PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2008, 07:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

TMB_XV6700 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatDweller View Post
Thank You for the reply, I really like it here...
So you think it will work with the better ROM udate ey? ....
Don't hold me to that. It's just pointless to troubleshoot issues on a rom that a)was issued primarily for testing, and b) is no longer supported.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800

LiquidSolstice is a n00b
Question Some basic noob questions.

Hey guys. I've done extensive reading on helmi_c, and I only heard of him because I was looking for a smartphone on ebay, and it said that the seller had upgraded to WM6 thanks to helmi_c. Anyways, I ended up buying it, but I'm almost quite sure that it had helmi_c's old version of WM6 on it. I have a coupla questions about what I plan to do. I haven't receieved the phone yet, but it's set to come either tomorrow or Friday.

First off, what I want to do is:
Right out of the box, activate my phone with verizon. I'm only 16, and I'm quite sure my dad is the only one who can do it, so it's best for me to accomplish that.

The questions I have are:
After activating my phone, if I choose to install this kitchen (which I have already downloaded both parts for and have explored BuildOS, which I have to say is impressive and I'm looking forward to using) will it completely write over the old version of WM6? (I want this to happen, i'd like all the free space I can get, since I haven't bought an SD card yet. Also, if it does, will it overwrite any of my phone settings? Like my activation? I can be sure that my dad will NOT be happy if I have to activate my phone again.

Also, does this rom still come with Office 07? Yes, I am using the kitchen, but I do not find any options for selecting office. This is a HUGE aspect of having a PPC for me. I don't know if that is standard with WM6 or not. If it does, I'd like to know if anyone has had issues syncing Outlook with their PC (I use Xp SP2). And as a further side note, I'm interested in the PPCContacts Manager that comes with the OEM kitchen pack. I'd like to know if this manager uses contacts synced from Outlook?

Also, an extremely trivial but perhaps well known question.
I absolutely love the look of the HTC home plugin, and I'd like to know for one if it's the complete replacement for WM6's poorly done "Today" screen, and that it replaces that by default, and also, the screenshot shows the Home screen as an interesting Turquiose color. I personally like the original black one with the digital clock. Will I have options for changing this?

Thanks very much. At 16, I know I don't know nearly as much about this, but I've dedicated quite a bit of time to learn it all.

To Helmi_c and everyone else on here: You guys are really an inspiration. Having people come together, people who don't even know eachother, to help out and make this work is incredible.

Keep up the good work, and I hope you creators get some rest.

~~~~~~~Tweaker's Mantra: When something is working perfectly fine, that means it's time to tweak it.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Audiovox PPC XV6700

GoatDweller is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
Tutorial to upgrade your ROM to WM6 by GAMedic.

You'll have the same trouble with your GPS in WM6 as WM5. Try using a passcode of 0000.
Thanks for the link, I didn't know Ga.Medic used a period and the search engine wants an exact phrase lol, so I went into the member's list and eventually found him....

Meanwhile I have tried to use the passcode 0000 but it also has not worked, and the company I emailed (GoPASS) didn't bother replying and this was 10 days ago!!!! Talk about lac of support!!!! I guess this isn't compatible with the XV6700 OR the BT drivers or what not are too old..
Old 01-16-2008, 11:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc mogul 6800
Carrier: sprint

swaggmatic6 is a n00b
help

how do i get this on my sprint htc mogul 6800 please help me
Old 01-17-2008, 01:19 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

azz777 is a n00b
anyone know how to setup an incoming port in bluetooth with WM6? WM6 only has option for outgoing port in bluetooth. WM5 has no problem, but don't see any option under WM6. TIA
Old 01-17-2008, 02:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vx 6700, Touch, Samsung Omnia, Moto Droid

iclickjohn is becoming a great contributor
to LiquideSolstice,
After you have the phone activated and functioning normally, you may go ahead and install your new ROM. This will not effect your activation.
Keep in mind that when you do a bootloader set, hold the power button + record/voice command (top left side) and poke in the reset hole on bottom all at the same time. Your screen will look grayed out. do this by a bright light an tilt the face of the phone back and forth until you see some text in the lower right screen. that is your version # which will probably be .02. However, I never saw a place to put that info in the OEMizer. But anyway, that is sometimes scary when the screen goes gray.
In the two downloads, you may have noticed a tools folder. In that is the OEMizer. you pretty much go through and select the options you want, being careful to not WANT everything. Being fairly selective, you will not run out of space. When you save your OEM put a unique name on it like your name or something. When you go to the build, your named OEM will be listed and you can select it. (about 3/4 way through ROM options. Keep in mind some of the SPB stuff is trial usage. Found that out. You will probably make 4 or 5 ROMs before you are happy and things are smooth, so I would wait until you are REALLY sure that you like it the way it is prior to filling it full of customizations. Be sure to include the PIMbackup. After you customize or anytime after several significant additions to contacts etc. do PIM backup.(onto storage card)
There are a few HTC Today options I think I picked HTC touch kaiser. They are the options that take away that wm6 today screen.
Just another note. It is very easy to add cab files of your favorite apps. Literally just drag them into the box I think second OEMizer option box. They will compress and be included in your ROM so that space is saved. My preference is for PocketCM of which there is a newer version of. I downloaded that cab and installed it myself. You will also want. Google maps. And for anyone reading this, have you noticed (what I think is THE most significant software for this phone) Microsoft's "live Search". You MUST include it. It's not microsoft "Live". I know confusing. You will know because Live Search has a green loading bar on start up and there are several companies logos shown. This is the one you want. OK make sure you get the latest version because......you will notice to select a new city,,,in the lower left it will say "speak" press the left soft key and and say the city and state you want to search. It finds the city (if it recognized your words correctly) and you press the D pad down to select. next if you highlight the search field, you will see again in the lower left "speak". Here is the cool part. You can say almost anything for it to search in the selected area. It will give you options and then you can select them one by one with the d-pad. Also, use the map feature. Scroll anywhere you want even across country.
while in that view go to menu and select search ~this view. Again, speak command allows you to say what you want and it will find it. You can speak for the general description of what you are looking for or the specific item. i.e. furnature vs. Clines mattress shop. Both will work.OMG
Another final recommendation since you are so new to this. I have cut a small piece of clear packing tape and flapped it over the SD card once installed. Flap over into the gray keyboard area and cut out a little corner for the antenna. I've lost two cards because they just POP out anytime they wish and you will almost NEVER find those tiny things. Use the stylus to press down the tape nicely around the card. Don't push down on the card because it'll do a weird pop out/ can't pop out situation. Sorry if this doesn't help. Hope it does a little.
There really is no fear in this. You can always flash back to the original ROM found on UTstarcom's website.
When you see all those thread about people freaking out over blank screens and froze phones.....They screwed up someplace. This stuff all works fine.

Last edited by iclickjohn; 01-17-2008 at 02:13 AM.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Audiovox PPC XV6700

GoatDweller is a n00b
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE...........

This is for the people who either have, or got rid of their GOPASS GPT models..I have a no longer in production BlueTooth GPS receiver model # GPT-600, and could never get a successful "pairing" if you will.....

-All of that has changed my friends

-I have tried tomtom6, Google maps but NEVER, ever thought that by using Microsoft's Live search I would stumbe upon my solution....

By using Live search the first time I thought for schitts and giggles I would turn on the GPS receiver..Sure it didn't work but then I saw it

Something called Intermediary Driver or something like that as an option for the GPS when I clicked directions....I selected it and BAM!!!! Instant pairing and I didn't have to do anything at all, no passkey, nothin....

Just wanted to let you all know, some I guess you knew all along but never have I read anything as far as a solution until this just happened....I hope this helps someone out there....
-I am sure there is this driver somewhere for download but I had no idea how to enable it until now......Not bad for my "outdated Rom" Version 3.3 haha.

My question to anyone out there is IF anyone has had the same version as me (3.3) and has upgraded from 3.5 please let me know if it was a better choice......My Bootloader is V1.00

On another token I just bought my dad an XV6700!! WooHoo!!! He has Version 2,02 and WM5 with the preloaded 2.07 ROM from 2006....

What do you think...Should I do the upgrade to both??
--------------------------------------------------------

-Also, PLease forgive my literal interpretations of GA.Medic's tutorial of cooking Rom for the Helmi's Apache Kitchen but.....I don't get a few parts....

Is the install done on your computer, then Active sync takes care of the PPC end?
Old 01-17-2008, 03:55 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
The stock load stinks. Bloated and buggy come to mind. Most everyone here was on 3.5 before WM6. WM6 is better. A little bigger, but better.

Office is in the list of OEMs in the kitchen. The helmi ROMs are outdated - use the kitchen to make something current.

The only problems I have heard with outlook syncing are common to all phones.

The contacts list is shared with all contact programs, so your outlook contacts will be visible in all contact apps.

If you don't want to do the tape over SD slot thing (great idea), be sure to install NotifyMe (it plays a wav file when the SD card pops out)

The HTC home plugin is a today screen plugin (it's not a replacement). Get the Home Customizer if you want to customize it.

Yes, the kitchen is installed on your PC.

Last edited by gguruusa; 01-17-2008 at 04:05 AM.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:57 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by swaggmatic6 View Post
how do i get this on my sprint htc mogul 6800 please help me
You don't.

Go to the 6800/Titan Upgrade forum for what's available for your device.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:57 AM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP
its the 17th!! Wheres my UPDATE!!?? JUST kidding! ;p

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development