PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2007, 01:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

mgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by m15t1k0 View Post
Anyone?????????

Hold the Tape button (left side of device) and power button and perform a stylus soft reset...
Old 10-30-2007, 02:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: Verizon

johnjirwin is just getting started
Talking Sounds & Notifications settings & Beaming problems...

[QUOTE=verizonguy;109713]It works fine, you're soft resetting before it writes to flash. Stop soft resetting with your stylus--use the soft reset application or at least suspend before using the stylus.

I guess I don't get it... I'm going into Settings > Sounds & Notifications > Notifications >> "Event"drop down to "Phone: Incoming call: Ring Type = Vibrate and ring - Ring Tone = "Ring-Standard" > drop down to "Telephone ring 1" ....then I tap [ok] ...once in a while the setting will "stick" but at some point it goes back to the default "Ring-Standard" (Ring Type seems to "stick" to "Vibrate and ring" though!) I also tried doing the same thing by going in through the "Phone" settings and the same things happen.

I also have the same problem when I try to set the reminders to NOT repeat (by UNchecking the repeat box)

Also (you may also know this), Beaming does not seem to be working at all. I may have missed you mentioning anything about it...

.6c does seem to be much faster

Thanks for all your help.

SeaRayMan

Verizon xv6800 - Radio: 3.39.10
No2Chem 5067 - Page Pool 8.85

Major Programs: PocketInformant Beta 8+, eWallet Beta, Pocket Quicken 2.5, Spb Mobile Shell 2.1.0/3363, WkTASK 1.1.7.3
Old 10-30-2007, 02:52 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
[quote=johnjirwin;110218]
Quote:
Originally Posted by verizonguy View Post
It works fine, you're soft resetting before it writes to flash. Stop soft resetting with your stylus--use the soft reset application or at least suspend before using the stylus.

I guess I don't get it... I'm going into Settings > Sounds & Notifications > Notifications >> "Event"drop down to "Phone: Incoming call: Ring Type = Vibrate and ring - Ring Tone = "Ring-Standard" > drop down to "Telephone ring 1" ....then I tap [ok] ...once in a while the setting will "stick" but at some point it goes back to the default "Ring-Standard" (Ring Type seems to "stick" to "Vibrate and ring" though!) I also tried doing the same thing by going in through the "Phone" settings and the same things happen.

I also have the same problem when I try to set the reminders to NOT repeat (by UNchecking the repeat box)

Also (you may also know this), Beaming does not seem to be working at all. I may have missed you mentioning anything about it...

.6c does seem to be much faster

Thanks for all your help.

SeaRayMan
What he's telling you is that it's not how you're changing the settings or what you are changing them to.
It is the process of performing the soft reset that is causing the issue.
In order to save setting changes to flash memory (reliably), it is recommended that you put the device in standby mode (and possibly restore to active) before you soft reset. Your other option is to soft reset using an application (which will save all settings before it resets) instead of using the stylus to use the hardware reset "button" in the bottom of the phone.

Old 10-30-2007, 03:05 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Whitestone

w0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularw0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularw0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
6c is a lot faster for me...
Old 10-30-2007, 03:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC6700
Carrier: Claro Codetel

m15t1k0 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to m15t1k0 Send a message via Yahoo to m15t1k0 Send a message via Skype™ to m15t1k0
Thumbs up Thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglcny View Post
It will tell you at the bottom of the screen when in bootloader mode.
You get into bootloader mode by holding th power button and the record button and pressing the softreset switch with your sytlus.

To get out of bootloader press the softreset switch again.
Thnx dude! very helpful...
I thought about it but didn't wanna touch it before being sure.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

verizonguy is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolano View Post
Actually its the truncation I was interested in...
"Truncated welcome sequence on first boot to touch calibration only"
...I've been able to set the timezone, but still had to go through clicking OK on the setting screen. Were you able to eliminate: the PW prompt, stylus help, or other initial startup prompts?
yes, I did

Before criticizing someone, first walk a mile in his shoes...
Then when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away and have his shoes.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

verizonguy is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspenc3 View Post
Just a thought, now that we're moving past the .6c kitchen and have over 400 posts to this thread, do you think it's time to start a new thread for the next vz kitchen?
once it goes rc1 i will
Old 10-30-2007, 03:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6700

dabell is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by the18thtee View Post
w0rdie

Try changing this reg entry
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\Cellular\SMS\Protocols\Tex t]
DLL="SMS_Providers.dll"
to
DLL="HTC_SMS_Providers.dll"
I had to make the same change for text messaging to work. I am on Bell Mobility.

Thanks for the fix.

Darcy
Old 10-30-2007, 04:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

hsingh00 is a n00b
Hey guys. First of all... Awesome work you guys are doing. I've had the xv6700 for a while now but i did zero upgrading since i bought it...which has been like 1.5 yrs now. Neways...ran into this website yesterday and I got no work done at work ....i'm a quick study and learned how to "cook" my own ROMs and then flash my PPC. I got the newest WM5 workin fine and then I thought i'd take a stab at the newest WM6.

Work great untill now....I transfered a pix to the "My pictures" folder on the PPC via ActiveSync. I added the pix to one of my contacts. Add the contact to the favorite contacts thingy on the Today screen. Deleted the pix from "My picutures", and did a soft reset. Well now it gets stuck at the Window Mobile Splash screen. I soft rebooted like 10 times. Took the battery out and put it back like 5 times. I then gave up and Hard Reset it. Well that worked. I'll try to make it happen again, but ne suggestions to what i should do next time if it happens again?

Thanks in advance!
Old 10-30-2007, 05:06 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Whitestone

w0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularw0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularw0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Any heads up on whats coming in RC1?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development