PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2007, 12:53 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Touch Pro2, EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

toviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to toviaheli Send a message via MSN to toviaheli Send a message via Yahoo to toviaheli Send a message via Skype™ to toviaheli
I was doing great with the latest kitchen, running just the basics in the kitchen that Verizonguy provided. All was great until sometime this afternoon when RAM started maxing itself out whenever I tried to run PIE.

After that I had to soft reset a few hundred times. I finally gave up and reflashed after a hard reset didn't fix anything.

The Book of GOD: Helping Spiritual orphans know God their Father completely!
The New Book by TOV ROSE www.TovRose.com
Get it now on Amazon.com: http://www.createspace.com/3582133
Old 10-24-2007, 04:19 AM
boubert

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by verizonguy View Post
Not to be rude folks, but

PLEASE STOP PM'ING ME!!

I am trying to recover from a vision problem I've been diagnosed with and so far today I've received 27 PMs. From this point forward, I'm not going to be able to respond to any PMs sent to me unless I've asked you to PM me or you're responding to something I had already said to you via PM. I simply can't look at my laptop's screen as long as it takes to respond to them all.

Post questions here in the forum or if about the kitchen, here in the thread and others will probably be able to help, or I'll respond as I'm able to.

Thanks,
vzg

verizionguy hope your feeling better soon!!!
Old 10-24-2007, 09:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon

Gervy is a n00b
Have not tried this yet... but already I can say, "F'ing awesome".

--------------
Verizon Droid Eris
Old 10-24-2007, 10:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

zachspda is just getting started
I am trying to do my part and find out where the setting is but i cannot data roam. I beleive this is because of the setting not being in the phone settings under roaming.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jspenc3 is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspenc3 View Post
I just rebooted both the PC and PPC (for the 100th time) and everything seems OK again...
I'm still having issues, so figured I'd summarize them here.

1) Soft reset sometimes locks up at the WM6 logo boot screen (or sometimes a partial today screen). I get it to boot more often than not with the USB connected to a PC (for power only, no partnership is setup), but it still locks up sometimes even with usb/power connected. I also tried removing my 2gb sd card and it didn't help (but may have raised the chances of it booting). If I just keep hitting the soft reset button eventually it will boot.

2) I deselected windows live and HTC home when building the kitchen. I don't see HTC in the system, but for some reason windows live is still in the programs folder (perhaps an issue with the kitchen).

3) On first boot after flashing the ROM the USB data type was set to advanced. I had to unselect this option to get it to sync properly with Vista.

4) The phone seems to disconnect the data link when trying to copy 3+mb files using explore device to either the internal memory OR SD card. I sometimes have to reboot both PPC and windows to get it going again.

5) I have Exchange 2003 email/calendar/contacts OTA sync setup and it works fine when untethered. I also have a PC partnership set up with Outlook 2007 so that my calendar and contacts (only) are synced with my home Vista PC. It seems that whenever I am on the home PC the exchange email sync doesn't work. If I disconnect it suddenly downloads my email.

6) I got a DSOD once and removing the SD card didn't get it going. Had to do a soft reset, and that is when I started getting problem 1.

System Notes:
I am also running the following on my VZW6700 with VG kitchen .4 and radio 1.43: pocket informant 2007, sbp mobile shell with spb phone tools and spb weather as plugins to the mobile shell today screen menu (with the spb weather automatic updates turned on), mohairsoft calendar+ (today plugin), handyswitcher 3.0, VC6, mortplayer, Resco Audio, and a few other apps. All autostart or today apps are loaded to main memory (including ringtones, email storage, etc) and I have about 20mb free on reboot. I did perform the cache/speed tweaks mentioned in another recent post.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Apache/ BB Torch
Carrier: Verizon/AT&T

Papagolf is a n00b
I pulled a few OEMs from the 3.5.1.0.4 kitchen like most of ya'll and so far so good! 24 hours without a reset... I do have 1 minor bug tho. if I press the IE button on the side of the phone it comes up and says "Error opening the shortcut or locating the target filename" tried reselecting in the button setup to no avail and IE works fine when selected from the start menu... other then that good work VG, Helmi, and all the other fine people who worked so hard for WM6!
Old 10-24-2007, 11:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

zachspda is just getting started
Papa, I cant remember which to solve the ie problem either the link was labled incorrectly in /Windopws/AppButtons or it was missing but that is how you fix it. Link needs to be InternetExplorer.lnk based on the registry entries i have

Last edited by zachspda; 10-24-2007 at 12:25 PM.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6700

TMB_XV6700 is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papagolf View Post
... I do have 1 minor bug tho. if I press the IE button on the side of the phone it comes up and says "Error opening the shortcut or locating the target filename" tried reselecting in the button setup to no avail and IE works fine when selected from the start menu...
Papa,
For what it's worth, your button 4 problem might be associated with Task Manager. By default that app likes to use button 4 to switch between tabs, and this can override IE if any part of Task Manager has been activated at startup. Your error message suggests that maybe a part (but not all) of Task Manager has been installed. Not sure, but at least this is one place to look.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Myn Warm Donut RL4 on xv6900

tharris297 is keeping up the good worktharris297 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to tharris297 Send a message via AIM to tharris297 Send a message via MSN to tharris297 Send a message via Yahoo to tharris297
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=348

I don't want to double post, but this thread seems to be getting more traffic that the other one. I'm not sure if there are more, but there is at least one other use who has an issue with the kitchen in that it failed at 99% and now we get Error 100 when attempting to use the standard Romupgrade. from my little investigation It seems that there is a problem with my "CID".
Old 10-24-2007, 02:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Kaiser (Tilt)
Carrier: AT&T

mbial is a n00b
tharris297 -

Try cooking a rom without any additional OEMs. This was happening to me and it turned out to be one of my OEM packages, even though the ROM would still build.

Best,
MJB
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development