PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2011, 08:47 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
But you would think wp would see what sells and make screen bigger than old ass tp2.
Man, they spend millions on surveys and shit. They sell hundreds of millions of copies of windows 7, they build an OS from scratch and get an rtm that can compete with android and ios in less than a year. Brandon Watson is straight up awesome with devs.

They know what they're doing.

They've been beta testing with us and now they're ready to lay down some serious shit. Ffc, dual core, big ass super amoled, tooth brush, all sorts of stuff.

Wait till q2 2012, they have what u want.

Remember android? All they had on sprint forever was the hero. Then evo came for the ride and it was on.

I'm getting an iPhone 5. Keeping my hd2, and nexus prime so I can rock all 3 operating systems for reals

Sent from my HTC HD2 on the PPCGeeks App
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-27-2011, 09:10 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: WP7 better customer satisfaction than Android, not quite iOS yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
Man, they spend millions on surveys and shit. They sell hundreds of millions of copies of windows 7, they build an OS from scratch and get an rtm that can compete with android and ios in less than a year. Brandon Watson is straight up awesome with devs.

They know what they're doing.

They've been beta testing with us and now they're ready to lay down some serious shit. Ffc, dual core, big ass super amoled, tooth brush, all sorts of stuff.

Wait till q2 2012, they have what u want.

Remember android? All they had on sprint forever was the hero. Then evo came for the ride and it was on.

I'm getting an iPhone 5. Keeping my hd2, and nexus prime so I can rock all 3 operating systems for reals

I dont care how much they spend on this n that,.put I big screen on the device. I dont wanna wait or see why people need to wait when they just could have put on a decent size screen from the jump and been done.lol @ wait till 2012, why?
Old 08-27-2011, 10:23 PM
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Quote:
I dont care how much they spend on this n that,.put I big screen on the device. I dont wanna wait or see why people need to wait when they just could have put on a decent size screen from the jump and been done.lol @ wait till 2012, why?
They're beta testing. They had hd7. You'll see they'll have bigger screens on all 4 networks soon.

Old 08-27-2011, 10:31 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
They're beta testing. They had hd7. You'll see they'll have bigger screens on all 4 networks soon.

well ya its coming but my point is why not start with big screen? not like its something new.

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 08-28-2011 at 12:48 PM.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:20 AM
Threadstarter

Quote:
wewll ya its coming but my point is why not start with big screen? not like its something new.
I can't answer that. They just didn't put out as many phones on launch. Android phones still come in 3.7" screens too, but they come out with a billion phones a week. They basically beta tested all phones for wp7, big screen, smaller screen, keyboard, cdma, GSM. Now they can start the release a lot more phones phase

Old 08-29-2011, 07:07 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

I have to admit that one thing about the PC market I never have liked is the umpteen bazillion models. At work, I have 1 laptop, 1 desktop, and 1 tablet model (all HP). For personal use, I recommend 1 laptop and 1 desktop (both Dell). So when Android adopted the same trend of a new model every week, it just made me think... why? It's absurd, in my opinion... but then, I've always cared more about function over form, and I suppose all the models are to support the form over function types.

Ironic to me, of course, that Apple is so successful in their "form over function" campaigns when they only have one form, lol.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:08 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

well, I've noticed that the variety of functions has been increasing so the model's just follow it. now if only we weren't limited by our service provider.

imagine if we had to use an AOL pc for internet the last 15years... probably be using camel's by now.
(horse built by committee)
Old 08-30-2011, 12:29 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
well ya its coming but my point is why not start with big screen? not like its something new.
If I were to guess the hardware was ready way before the software..hence why it didn't make much sense for M$ to use old gen snapdragons when new ones were already being used. They just didn't calculate that far in advanced, the HD7 was meant to be continuing of HD2, and the TP7 continuing of TP2..effectively phones like the Evo was not in their calculations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
I have to admit that one thing about the PC market I never have liked is the umpteen bazillion models. At work, I have 1 laptop, 1 desktop, and 1 tablet model (all HP). For personal use, I recommend 1 laptop and 1 desktop (both Dell). So when Android adopted the same trend of a new model every week, it just made me think... why? It's absurd, in my opinion... but then, I've always cared more about function over form, and I suppose all the models are to support the form over function types.

Ironic to me, of course, that Apple is so successful in their "form over function" campaigns when they only have one form, lol.
I personally do not mind having multiple choices..there is nothing wrong with bazillion models.. Because if there is a problem with 1 model I can always go with another..I mean have you ever tried to buy a consecutive model and then 1 day the company decided to swap out that 1 niche feature that you use? yeah...that is when things go wrong..my experience with products like Apple which force you into their environment is they work great when you work in their environment..but that 1 time when it matters the most you gotta do something that is outside that said environment it goes horribly wrong.

most of the time when manufacturers release models they usually are the same model just configured with better specs. Unlike macbooks they refresh their models often and try to cover all sizes and budgets.

I mean what does it matter how many models there are, just buy the one you like...

my decision for buying stuff depends on what I am buying..for my work laptops I buy dell (for the quick in-home warranty), for my gaming laptops I buy Asus (simply because its good price/features ratio and best quality), for my desktops I custom build them.

I don't buy HP much because so far all my HP stuff keep frying :/

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 09-01-2011, 06:25 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

As I said, as a system administrator I DO pick one hardware platform and standardize on it until I can no longer buy that model. I have 3 models-- a desktop, a laptop, and a tablet. When I can't get that model, I update to the newest replacement model, because I know what I'm expecting.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions