PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2011, 05:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: Sprint

kingsree is a n00b
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WP7 better customer satisfaction than Android, not quite iOS yet.

@eric12341

Certainly after playig with both at a Sprint store, the WP7 UI experience on the Arrive is much smoother and more fluid than gingerbread on the EVo 3D. I agree that WP7 doesn't need dual core processors to run smoothly but I do think there needs to be some hot hardware (especially Sprint) for WP7.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:53 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsree View Post
@eric12341

Certainly after playig with both at a Sprint store, the WP7 UI experience on the Arrive is much smoother and more fluid than gingerbread on the EVo 3D. I agree that WP7 doesn't need dual core processors to run smoothly but I do think there needs to be some hot hardware (especially Sprint) for WP7.
@kingsree and what would be an example of hot hardware?

Dual cores? not needed
4G? Not needed and coverage isn't up to par especially when considering sprint who's 3G network is subpar as of this post (or at least still in my city)
3.5G? all of the current wp7 devices support this technology, just depends on the carriers to roll it out.
FFC? yea I'll agree with this one and they are coming
Big Screen? once again is coming when the next round of devices come out. im sure sprint will get a few.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:41 AM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Yeah, I'd agree about the Arrive being "underwhelming" in the hardware department, because I want the big screen and front-facing camera, and as Eric said, I believe both are promised for fall release... hopefully Sprint will pick them up this year.

Dual-core would be nice, because I think it would entice developer support for better apps and games, but only if there's an appropriate compensation in RAM too.

4G coverage is still pathetically weak on the carrier side. I was in Pittsburgh last night with my boss, and his EVO wasn't performing any better on 4G than my Arrive on 3G, and we both use Wi-Fi most of the time anyway.
Old 08-17-2011, 03:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: Sprint

kingsree is a n00b
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

A thin WP7 device (thickness of 0.4 inches and under) similar to the likes of Focus, Iphone 4 , SGS II, + FFC + large bright screen is what Sprint needs before christmas.

Or else I will probably shift to AT&T.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:05 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

kingsree,

Every day I look at the HD7S and think, "I really want one of those. Right now." I don't even care about the lack of a front-facing camera that much.

Then I go to work and deal with an AT&T telecomm issue at one of my stores or hospital, and I am reminded of why I loathe AT&T with ever fiber of my being and view them as the most sinister source of evil on this planet.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:24 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
@fixxxer2008
probably won't be thinking the same thing once mango gets out. was it really worth saying this in the wp7 section? we hadn't had any trolls or bashers around here in awhile and I would rather it stay that way. I would hate to have to start acting like I did last year again.

it wasn't trolling, it was my opinion. wp7 isn't that groundbreaking. 90% of all winmo devs moved to android. it's going to take alot to bring them back.

Old 08-26-2011, 03:35 PM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
it wasn't trolling, it was my opinion. wp7 isn't that groundbreaking. 90% of all winmo devs moved to android. it's going to take alot to bring them back.
it is trolling whether u deny it or not. wp7 has alot of developer support,they are just waiting for mango to release their apps, FFCs are coming as well as tethering support so now no android supremacists will have nothing to hate on wp7 for unless they just don't like MS.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:58 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
it is trolling whether u deny it or not. wp7 has alot of developer support,they are just waiting for mango to release their apps, FFCs are coming as well as tethering support so now no android supremacists will have nothing to hate on wp7 for unless they just don't like MS.
Relax eric, he is posting a opinion thats actually true and at this time I see 0 development but I get the mango part. Screen size is such a issue imo and its killing wp and you can deny it all you want.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:54 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
Relax eric, he is posting a opinion thats actually true and at this time I see 0 development but I get the mango part. Screen size is such a issue imo and its killing wp and you can deny it all you want.
how big were the screens of android devices when they first came out? alot smaller than even the first WP7 devices. I rest my case.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:53 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

What's weird is one of the very first devices (mozart) had a 4.3" screen.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions