PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2011, 06:50 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WP7 better customer satisfaction than Android, not quite iOS yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
Relax eric, he is posting a opinion thats actually true and at this time I see 0 development but I get the mango part. Screen size is such a issue imo and its killing wp and you can deny it all you want.
Development has been fairly consistent, actually, and there are very good, very popular apps on the platform. In fact, Microsoft has achieved various app milestones faster in less than 1 year than Apple did in their first year of apps, so that does speak well for its future. Certainly, however, I can see how Mango's development enhancements will entice more development.

While I don't believe for a moment that the bigger screen size issue is "killing" the platform (they do have the HD7 and Focus on AT&T afterall), I DO believe that the lack of phone selection overall on carriers IS not helping the platform. I've said repeatedly that if the HD7S was on Sprint or Verizon, I'd have one in a heartbeat, but I refuse to spend a dime on AT&T-Mobile. I only have the Arrive, because I got it as a freebie through work.

Microsoft absolutley needs to market the hell out of Windows Phone, and improvements need to come faster and with less carrier-caused delays. There is no doubt about that. However, this IS Microsoft. It ALWAYS takes 2-3 product cycles to "get it right", and when they do... nothing stops them from laying the smack down on every competitor that takes them on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
What's weird is one of the very first devices (mozart) had a 4.3" screen.
The Focus has a 4" screen and the HD7/HD7S both have 4.3" screens. I have no idea why (given the popularity of the EVO and lack of for EVO Shift) that Sprint didn't insist on bringing a version of the HD7 to their network.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:09 AM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

Quote:
Relax eric, he is posting a opinion thats actually true and at this time I see 0 development but I get the mango part. Screen size is such a issue imo and its killing wp and you can deny it all you want.

im glad someone gets it. when i can flash custom roms and themes, 3rd party UI's ill give it a go. wp7 is nothing like winmo used to be. yes mango is a nice update but it's still lackluster. if he thinks im trolling then fine, im not, im just stating the truth IMO.

Old 08-27-2011, 10:11 AM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
Development has been fairly consistent,

it has been? go to xda and see how dead the forums are. the phones are too limited. im glad you like it and im not bashing you for that. but don't expect some of us former die hard winmo fans to get excited about it. that's why most of us moved to android.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:45 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
it has been? go to xda and see how dead the forums are. the phones are too limited. im glad you like it and im not bashing you for that. but don't expect some of us former die hard winmo fans to get excited about it. that's why most of us moved to android.
I think you misunderstood what I said... I said that application development has been consistent. There are new apps appearing, and there are developers working on things, and there are some very high profile apps.

I said nothing about the interest levels in the platform overall. I know that you and lots of geekers are all about custom ROMs and customization, but look at the iPhone... the lack of ROMs and customization are not what makes a platform successful.

I also want to make it clear that I don't dislike Android. I had an EVO for a year, and I really enjoyed it (only phone I've had that I've actually kept that long). I choose my platform based on usability, however, and I find WP7 to be more usable which I believe will make a huge difference as Microsoft continues to develop the platform.

Anyway, I appreciate the fact that you're discussing things rationally and not just here bashing people.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:56 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
im glad someone gets it. when i can flash custom roms and themes, 3rd party UI's ill give it a go. wp7 is nothing like winmo used to be. yes mango is a nice update but it's still lackluster. if he thinks im trolling then fine, im not, im just stating the truth IMO.
says someone who's never even used a device with the mango beta installed, that's quite a credible view there btw.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-27-2011, 03:58 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
says someone who's never even used a device with the mango beta installed, that's quite a credible view there btw.
I'm flashing 7720 on my hd2 via zune update later and see how it is.

I can see both sides here. But I think Eric has a point and I think you should compare 7720 with android and ios and not mango beta, nodo, or 7004.

Sent from my HTC HD2 on the PPCGeeks App
Old 08-27-2011, 04:42 PM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
I'm flashing 7720 on my hd2 via zune update later and see how it is.

I can see both sides here. But I think Eric has a point and I think you should compare 7720 with android and ios and not mango beta, nodo, or 7004.

more like 7720.xx as that'll be the absolute official version after the carrier and OEM optimizations.
Old 08-27-2011, 05:22 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Quote:
more like 7720.xx as that'll be the absolute official version after the carrier and OEM optimizations.
Ya but for now 7720 works like a champ.

As far as development goes, check out this thread. These guys are awesome.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1236027

Old 08-27-2011, 07:30 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
how big were the screens of android devices when they first came out? alot smaller than even the first WP7 devices. I rest my case.
But you would think wp would see what sells and make screen bigger than old ass tp2.
Old 08-27-2011, 08:17 PM
Banned User

Quote:
But you would think wp would see what sells and make screen bigger than old ass tp2.
its not MS that's making the screen sizes its the carriers and the OEMS. once Nokia kicks in tho there will be plenty of good stuff next year tho im sticking with HTC no matter how good Nokia is.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions