View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 06:50 PM
GoodThings2Life
Bringer of Good Things

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WP7 better customer satisfaction than Android, not quite iOS yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
Relax eric, he is posting a opinion thats actually true and at this time I see 0 development but I get the mango part. Screen size is such a issue imo and its killing wp and you can deny it all you want.
Development has been fairly consistent, actually, and there are very good, very popular apps on the platform. In fact, Microsoft has achieved various app milestones faster in less than 1 year than Apple did in their first year of apps, so that does speak well for its future. Certainly, however, I can see how Mango's development enhancements will entice more development.

While I don't believe for a moment that the bigger screen size issue is "killing" the platform (they do have the HD7 and Focus on AT&T afterall), I DO believe that the lack of phone selection overall on carriers IS not helping the platform. I've said repeatedly that if the HD7S was on Sprint or Verizon, I'd have one in a heartbeat, but I refuse to spend a dime on AT&T-Mobile. I only have the Arrive, because I got it as a freebie through work.

Microsoft absolutley needs to market the hell out of Windows Phone, and improvements need to come faster and with less carrier-caused delays. There is no doubt about that. However, this IS Microsoft. It ALWAYS takes 2-3 product cycles to "get it right", and when they do... nothing stops them from laying the smack down on every competitor that takes them on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
What's weird is one of the very first devices (mozart) had a 4.3" screen.
The Focus has a 4" screen and the HD7/HD7S both have 4.3" screens. I have no idea why (given the popularity of the EVO and lack of for EVO Shift) that Sprint didn't insist on bringing a version of the HD7 to their network.