PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2009, 04:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2
Carrier: Verizon

HTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good workHTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Arrow Where to shop for Phone Cases/Protectors? THANKS!

Hi everyone,

I have an HTC Touch Pro 2 coming Tuesday via FedEx, and I want to keep that bad-boy looking nice for as long as possible... I also have a new (last week got mailed to me) Motorola Q9c as well, I am in need of a covering for (not a belt clip or phone holder, just a slip-on silicone covering or a snap-on hard case).

Does anyone have a few suggestions of where I can go online to order? I tried Google obviously, and only found a few sporadic Amazon and Ebay sellers that had a horrible inventory or a questionable website and reviews

THANKS A LOT!!
Old 11-29-2009, 05:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

eksasol is becoming a great contributor
Re: Where to shop for Phone Cases/Protectors? THANKS!

You can buy some from ppcgreaks: http://store.ppcgeeks.com/homeAccess...hCategory=1005.

Remember there are different version of Touch Pro2 by each provider and so not one case can fit all.

There are plenty of silicon case on ebay, but none that I know of for the Sprint version, which is actually what I'm also looking for.

Last edited by eksasol; 11-29-2009 at 05:41 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

HTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good workHTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good work

Hi, I just wanted to offer an update... I got my package from Think Mobile Solutions today, and the products were about 85% of what I was expecting. The screen protector wasn't an exactly identical fit to my TP2, and the case was an obvious Japanese plastic piece of you-know-what, that was obviously spray painted with some overspray on the inside. Once I snapped it on to the phone it looks decent enough, but my goodness.... now I can see how Mobile Solutions stays in business - charge $20 for a .50-cent piece of plastic!!!!!
August 12th... Droid-2! Still undecided; but leaning toward purchasing, as a phone to "tide" me over (according to great advice from ckeegan) until truly remarkable devices are released from Verizon fully operation on 4G networks in 2012!
Old 12-15-2009, 12:08 AM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Maybe you will use PPCGeeks MobiHand store next time They're cases are really nice!

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtney1985 View Post
Maybe you will use PPCGeeks MobiHand store next time They're cases are really nice!
I'm not totally distraught and dissatisfied... it's not diamond encrusted either though, lol!

I just can't believe I paid money for a lazily made spray-painted chunk of plastic to go over a beautiful new $650 Smart Phone

If PPC's online store is anything like their website - I'm all about it!!!!
Old 12-15-2009, 12:15 AM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I understand you have to accept it. I've seen many stores and online places use that type of inventory. Feels like you can make it yourself. lol With the reviews of the ppcgeeks mobihand store, they are doing very well and satisfied customers so far! Try it out next time. If you aren't satisfied, let me know!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-18-2009, 01:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

amjohn is a n00b

I bought a snap on hard case for my sprint HTC touch pro 2. I had always used hard cases before on my little flip phones- I call them crash cases, because my phone hits the ground a lot.
The front panel fit so snug that it froze the phone screen. Had to pry it off. The back panel fit so that I could not remove the back to access the reset button/sd card. So snug a fit that it took 2 screwdrivers and a scratch to get it off my 2 week old phone. And now my keyboard is a tad loose- some play in it. Never had that bad of a case experience before. Still looking- but sticking with soft cases now.
Old 12-18-2009, 01:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjohn View Post
I bought a snap on hard case for my sprint HTC touch pro 2. I had always used hard cases before on my little flip phones- I call them crash cases, because my phone hits the ground a lot.
The front panel fit so snug that it froze the phone screen. Had to pry it off. The back panel fit so that I could not remove the back to access the reset button/sd card. So snug a fit that it took 2 screwdrivers and a scratch to get it off my 2 week old phone. And now my keyboard is a tad loose- some play in it. Never had that bad of a case experience before. Still looking- but sticking with soft cases now.
Yeah I hear ya man! Where did you buy your case from? I have never purchased any type of case, or any accessory at all for that matter for any cell phone I've ever owned... but I thought since the TP2 is so nice and it was brand new, I might as well try and protect it.

The case is SO HARD to attempt removing to do a soft-reset by removing the battery when the phone freezes up. I still haven't been able to find the soft reset button, and I've owned three HTC Smart Phones, haha! Maybe my case is covering it, does the stylus fit into the hole? Thanks!
Old 12-18-2009, 02:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

amjohn is a n00b

Got the case off e-bay. I don't think they intended for it to be a bad case, just was not a good fit for this phone. I probably could take a file to it to shape it better for the phone, but since taking the back off to soft reset is a necessity, any sort of case that requires prying to remove is going to be an issue- will loosen the keyboard over time.
My stylus does fit the reset button- already had to do it, so know it works. Turn phone over, remove stylus, remove back of case. With phone facing down, reset it in middle of side panel of phone, next to microSD card slot.
Old 12-23-2009, 12:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjohn View Post
Got the case off e-bay. I don't think they intended for it to be a bad case, just was not a good fit for this phone. I probably could take a file to it to shape it better for the phone, but since taking the back off to soft reset is a necessity, any sort of case that requires prying to remove is going to be an issue- will loosen the keyboard over time.
My stylus does fit the reset button- already had to do it, so know it works. Turn phone over, remove stylus, remove back of case. With phone facing down, reset it in middle of side panel of phone, next to microSD card slot.
Hope I don't run into these issues... I am fortunate enough to have the TP2 already, and yesterday activated my TP1 for my wife to use, replacing her out dated MotorolaQ9c. It is the Verizon TP1, I like the shape a lot better than the Alltel version, although it has less RAM - she isn't a power user by any means, and mostly just enjoys the touch screen, solitaire, the Opera browser, and the improved auto-focus camera.

She is prone to dropping her phone (hence the reason we had to activate the TP1 for her to use, lol) and I am in need of some quality case + screen protector for her. I already ordered the internal microSD 4gb, so she can snap as many pictures as she wants, I'll give that to her on Christmas.

I will check the PPC Geeks online accessory store, but believe it or not... even with the massive success and popularity/sales the TP1 has had over the years, a simple Google search turned up almost NOTHING for the phone in the way of cases!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Tags
cell phone cover, motorola q, protective cell case, silicone cover, touch pro 2