PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you interface GV with your mobile device?
Google App (for BB/Android etc..) 14 6.80%
Google Website 29 14.08%
Call Google 13 6.31%
MagiCall 37 17.96%
GV Dialer 19 9.22%
Calling Card by Handango 5 2.43%
iDialer 47 22.82%
One Dialer 16 7.77%
gVo dialer 20 9.71%
GoVoMo 6 2.91%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2009, 05:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

lkjfdsa is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Google Voice Incoming/Outgoing Options!

Called up Sprint and gave them my GV number but they had no idea what I was talking about. "...one of your free numbers"? They kept asking if I meant to add another line.
What/how are you exactly supposed to tell them or do this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordyT View Post
2) Now call up sprint and give them you GV number and tell them that you want that as one of your free numbers.

Last edited by lkjfdsa; 08-27-2009 at 05:38 PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:20 PM
VIP Member

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkjfdsa View Post
Called up Sprint and gave them my GV number but they had no idea what I was talking about. "...one of your free numbers"? They kept asking if I meant to add another line.
What/how are you exactly supposed to tell them or do this?
You have to have the "Pick any 3 Numbers" or "Pick any 5 Numbers" feature already on your account or add it to your account.
I think the "Pick Any 3 Numbers" is available as an option that you can still add to your account for $5/month.
I think some people have had it added to their account for free.
I already had the Pick 3 option on my account.
After you have this feature on your account, just ask the Sprint Rep to add the 3 Numbers that you want, cellular or landline. You get unlimited calling to the 3 Numbers you choose, incoming and outgoing.
You don't have to tell them its a Google number, landline number or cellular number.
Just give them the 10 digit numbers, after you have the feature added to your account, if you choose to do so.
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin

Last edited by Biker1; 08-27-2009 at 06:24 PM. Reason: content addition
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-29-2009, 04:00 PM
N00b

lkjfdsa is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker1 View Post
You have to have the "Pick any 3 Numbers" or "Pick any 5 Numbers" feature already on your account or add it to your account.
I think the "Pick Any 3 Numbers" is available as an option that you can still add to your account for $5/month.
I think some people have had it added to their account for free.
I already had the Pick 3 option on my account.
After you have this feature on your account, just ask the Sprint Rep to add the 3 Numbers that you want, cellular or landline. You get unlimited calling to the 3 Numbers you choose, incoming and outgoing.
You don't have to tell them its a Google number, landline number or cellular number.
Just give them the 10 digit numbers, after you have the feature added to your account, if you choose to do so.
Thanks, that helped. Had to go through hoops to get the Pick 3 added but it worked.
Old 08-29-2009, 04:21 PM
VIP Member

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkjfdsa View Post
Thanks, that helped. Had to go through hoops to get the Pick 3 added but it worked.
Good to hear you got it added.
In the end, it is well worth the effort to have that feature added to your account.
Did you get it for free or $5/month?
Old 08-30-2009, 07:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

juddrl is becoming a great contributor

you're not on the everything plan? I only ask because with a diamond, and using all its data hungry applications, I would think you would be on the everything plan. If you are, then you unlimited anyway and you don't need 3 free.

I'm still trying to figure out a use for my google number.
Old 08-30-2009, 08:11 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by juddrl View Post
you're not on the everything plan? I only ask because with a diamond, and using all its data hungry applications, I would think you would be on the everything plan. If you are, then you unlimited anyway and you don't need 3 free.

I'm still trying to figure out a use for my google number.
What are you having an issue with?
Edit:
Just give people your Google Voice number.
When they call it, calls will be forwarded to your cell number**
You have to go to your Google Voice account and set up the parameters of your GV number, like to which numbers you want your GV calls to go to.
Obviously, you have to call Sprint and give them your 10 digit GV number as one of your Pick 3 numbers.
For outgoing calls, call your GV number and choose the outgoing call option and dial away.
Or use one of the methods MordyT included in his thread.

Last edited by Biker1; 08-30-2009 at 08:24 PM.
Old 08-30-2009, 08:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I'm just saying with the everything plan, I have unlimited minutes and I always have my cell phone with me so I don't really have a need for it. That's me. I still signed up for it and have iDialer on my phone. Why? I have no idea!
Old 08-30-2009, 08:50 PM
VIP Member

Ok. I didn't know you we've on am Everything Plan.
I am not on an Everything Plan but I don't nearly use all of my minutes but I use my GV number for a variety of reasons >
1) I can give my GV number to people I don't want to have my cellular number.
2) I am use my GV number to call people and have it show up on their Caller id.
3) You can give your GV number to people and program it to dial whichever number you want depending on who the caller is.
4) I can use it as MordyT has recommended.

There are a variety of uses for your GV number. I suggest you go to their site and read up on it.
You may find some uses for it that may suit you.

Last edited by Biker1; 08-30-2009 at 08:52 PM. Reason: content
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

will do. thanks for the advice!

oh, by the way...my point was that since you have a diamond, if you're not on everything plan, don't you worry about your data usage?

Last edited by juddrl; 08-30-2009 at 09:36 PM.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:45 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by juddrl View Post
will do. thanks for the advice!

oh, by the way...my point was that since you have a diamond, if you're not on everything plan, don't you worry about your data usage?
Not at all as I have unlimited data.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Tags
calling google voice, google voice, gv, incoming, outgoing