PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2006, 09:21 AM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Well I have been using my new nEXZEN plus 5500 Bluetooth for 5 days now, I am still having connection problems. I have had other Bluetooth devices in the past that worked well with the PPC 6700 (new rom), so working with the premise that the 6700 is not the problem and the nexzen is I have some thoughts. With the nexzen connected to the 6700 I make phone calls using the voice command with no problems, if I make a call from the phone keys some calls will not transfer to the nexzen. This is ok just push the pinch button and the call will transfer to the nexzen. Next on incoming calls watch the phone screen sometimes the nexzen will not ring but when you see the headphone icon appear in the screen push the side button and the nexzen will answer. If you wait to long the icon will disappear if this happens and you are forced to answer the phone with the PPC buttons then the nexzen will no longer be connected to the PPC and Bluetooth will be turned off. If you go to connection manager the Bluetooth button will show that Bluetooth is on, this is not correct go to setting soft key/ Bluetooth settings and look, the turn on Bluetooth box wont be checked. Now go back to connection manager and the Bluetooth box will have an X over it, so turn on Bluetooth again. Test your headset again I usually just hit the pinch button and see if voice command starts. Continue normal use.

What?s going on IMO, the nEXZEN is the best Bluetooth made and has some of the best features. I think some of the options provided cause some of these connection problems. With this much technology in such a small headset theirs got to be some problems. Also this could have something to do with security concerns. This headset has the ability to connect to more than one device at a time, to me this is a useless feature, but the headset has to have a secure connection to the device, this takes time for the devices to establish. I am impatient and will start hitting buttons too soon before this connection can be made I think this also helps to create my connection problems. I also have tested this device with other Bluetooth devices in the area, I have hade varying results with this. So I think the nexzen is picking up and trying to connect to other devices in the area even though no partnership has not been established between the 2 devices. This also causes some connection problems.

The nEXZEN Bluetooth has by far the best sound quality of all Bluetooth devices. I have tried every Bluetooth that Radio shack has in stock (30 day money back return policy) and some from Best Buy, including every noise canceling headset made by Jabra, Motorola, and Plantronics. I work in construction these buildings are loud with lots of equipment running. The nEXZEN is the only headset that I have been able to use in this environment with out complaints from the caller. I will continue to use this Bluetooth just for its sound quality, and with a little understanding of how this Bluetooth works I am having fewer connection problems. I hope this helps the nEXZEN lovers out there, enjoy this Bluetooth I will.
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:39 PM
X Communicated User
Pocket PC: IPHONE 4

pzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
now I can see some truths in everything uve said but the one thing I cannot understand is why with two different phone with two different roms how and why does the built in bluetooth on the phone just turn itself off
Old 08-28-2006, 02:30 PM
The Voice of Reason
Threadstarter

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by pzztgotbagz
now I can see some truths in everything uve said but the one thing I cannot understand is why with two different phone with two different roms how and why does the built in bluetooth on the phone just turn itself off
I think the nEXZEN turns the bluetooth in the 6700 off then it tries to connect to anouther bluetooth phone in the area IMO
Old 08-28-2006, 04:29 PM
X Communicated User

pzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
but that brings up the ? how can a headset actually turn off the bluetooth I think its time to call utstar and get them a nxzen headset to beta the problem....are we being btsnarfed by our rouge headsets haha.....
Old 08-30-2006, 12:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC
Carrier: VZW

SMix is a n00b
Ok so now I feel stupid ... has anyone had trouble using the bluetooth on their computers to setup the EQ? I have a Compaq TC1100 Tablet w/ Bluetooth built in ... I can not for the life of me get the software to connect to the headset ... I paired it to the computer and got it linked, tried using serial services and setting them to dif COM's, im at my wits end, I spent my whole lunch break yesterday trying to get it to work ... to no avail ... help!!!
Old 08-30-2006, 12:23 PM
The Voice of Reason
Threadstarter

Did you read through the tutorial on the oem cd, also did you use the correct pairing mode using the pinch and side button at the same time.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC
Carrier: VZW

SMix is a n00b
Yup, tried all different methods ... but no luck ... yes I did utilize the pinch and side button pairing for EQ setup, the only problem I can say is in the instructions it says to then go into the device and choose SSP Slave I think? something to that effect ... but that does not exist when I open the device ... I'm not sure what I've done wrong though ... my only guess is that it might be that I have Tablet XP instead of regular Win XP ... but even still that should have no affect ... I think I might just have to call up nXZEN CS and see if they can help me out ... well out for the night ... good night!
Old 08-31-2006, 08:55 AM
X Communicated User

remember when u call nxzen there cs is in canda so u will be charged for long distance and also when im on my xp and i use my moto bt adapter when it comes up that it found the nxzen one of the options is the ssp slave so its either ur xp or the drivers that ur bt uses....imo
Old 06-15-2007, 07:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP

sledgie is a n00b
sorry to retrieve this thread from the dead...but!!!

i'm in the market for a BT headset that allows me to listen to music and is of course, comfortable as well. I know there is a hack that i've used before with the Cardio Scala-500 (not a bad headset btw, battery and pricewise) but the sound is very much distorted and the headset itself does not support A2DP, obviously.

I have been reading throughout this thread about the Gennum NxZen Plus which supports what appears to be BT audio. But it appears this headset is over a year old and still haven't found it below ~$100.

Any newer headsets (one ear) that anyone can recommend? I've contemplated the Samsung WEP200, i like the design, shape, but i'm pretty sure i'd have to use the distorted hack in order to listen to music via BT.

thanks in advance,
sledgie

ps unless anyone in this thread wants to sell me any NxZen plus leftovers!
Old 06-15-2007, 08:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

starfury1 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by sledgie
sorry to retrieve this thread from the dead...but!!!

i'm in the market for a BT headset that allows me to listen to music and is of course, comfortable as well. I know there is a hack that i've used before with the Cardio Scala-500 (not a bad headset btw, battery and pricewise) but the sound is very much distorted and the headset itself does not support A2DP, obviously.

I have been reading throughout this thread about the Gennum NxZen Plus which supports what appears to be BT audio. But it appears this headset is over a year old and still haven't found it below ~$100.

Any newer headsets (one ear) that anyone can recommend? I've contemplated the Samsung WEP200, i like the design, shape, but i'm pretty sure i'd have to use the distorted hack in order to listen to music via BT.

thanks in advance,
sledgie

ps unless anyone in this thread wants to sell me any NxZen plus leftovers!
I know you said one ear, but i have the wirevo wrh-h20, its a two ear stereo headset i have the ear bud version, there is the behind the head but i too like to have one ear option left availiable it works really well for both my phone, and listening to music or watching movies etc... i like using a bluetooth doggle on my computer and using the headset to watch movies and not be tied to my computer...

http://shop.iodata.com/shopping/prod...O&pId=WRH-H20W

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions