PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2006, 10:11 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Best Bluetooth

I know have a Jabra JX10 very expensive but the best Bluetooth I have had so far. I also have a Motorola HT820 but I use it for completely different reasons. The JX10 is crestal clear, in both directions. I often get complaints from the person I am talking because this thing makes it easy to hear everything. What bluetooth device do you use and how do you rate it. As for me the JX10 is a 9. Love the size, sometimes hate the clarity. They can hear me now.
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 07-15-2006, 03:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6700
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Rufus is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to Rufus
I am currently using 3 Bluetooth devices.

1. Logitech Ipod Wireless headset.
http://reviews.cnet.com/Logitech_Wir...1423973-2.html

These are off the hook!

2. UConnect (built in Hands-Free in my 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan)
http://www.chrysler.com/crossbrand/u...interface.html

This is not that great. It loses connection and I hate talking on it sometimes.

3. Sony Ericson HBH-600
http://asia.cnet.com/reviews/mobilep...086654p,00.htm

I do not like this at all either. I tried to take it back to Sprint, but I was too late. So I am out $80 and I never use this thing.

But I love the Logitech headphones, and HIGHLY recommend them!

.... Oh yeah, and check out my blog!
Old 07-15-2006, 07:53 AM
The Voice of Reason
Threadstarter

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Has any one tried a bluetooth with a caller ID? I have been seeing these lately and I want to know if the 6700 sends the ID data.
Old 07-15-2006, 08:21 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

bunnytrigger is keeping up the good workbunnytrigger is keeping up the good workbunnytrigger is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to bunnytrigger Send a message via MSN to bunnytrigger Send a message via Yahoo to bunnytrigger Send a message via Skype™ to bunnytrigger
i would wait for that technology to be a lil bit more developed

haven't you heard? corporations are the new government. They're constitutionally-exempt.

92% of teens have moved onto WoW. if you are part of the 8% that still play REAL games, copy n paste

Old 07-15-2006, 12:52 PM
Retired Staff

Sonin66 is becoming a great contributor
currently have a moto hs850. its been good to me with all the bluetooth phones i have had within the last few months. works ok with the 6700, but i do want to get a new headset with the caller id, and the noise reduction technology.
Old 07-15-2006, 12:53 PM
Retired Staff

Sonin66 is becoming a great contributor
the noise problem is the most important right now, but the caller id would be a bonus
Old 07-15-2006, 07:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

enroy is a n00b
Really I don't know if I would want caller id on my bluetooth headset. How would you see it????? Perhaps something software wise that if a number called you, it would say the voice tag you gave it when it rang the phone. That seems more suitable than the id.

I can see the commercial now for CID headsets. You are driving down the road carefree with your headset on. Listening to music, watching traffic and both hands on the wheel. Suddenly, your phone rings. No worries, you now have caller id on your headset. You are glad that your friend Jimmy rode along. You lean over and ask him to look at your ear, so you know who is calling. He tells you its that new hot girl you met at the club last weekend. You answer. Life couldn't be an easier. All this convenience for the small price of $189.99. Manufacturer's disclaimer: Friend not included.

How in the Hades would you see the CID if it was in your ear?
Old 07-15-2006, 08:08 PM
The Voice of Reason
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by enroy
Really I don't know if I would want caller id on my bluetooth headset. How would you see it????? Perhaps something software wise that if a number called you, it would say the voice tag you gave it when it rang the phone. That seems more suitable than the id.

I can see the commercial now for CID headsets. You are driving down the road carefree with your headset on. Listening to music, watching traffic and both hands on the wheel. Suddenly, your phone rings. No worries, you now have caller id on your headset. You are glad that your friend Jimmy rode along. You lean over and ask him to look at your ear, so you know who is calling. He tells you its that new hot girl you met at the club last weekend. You answer. Life couldn't be an easier. All this convenience for the small price of $189.99. Manufacturer's disclaimer: Friend not included.

How in the Hades would you see the CID if it was in your ear?

Thats funny right there I don't care who you are. Hay thats what the rear view mirror is for right
Old 07-17-2006, 03:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6700
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Rufus is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to Rufus
On my UConnect system, the person calling shows up on my head unit for the Stereo, Nav, etc.

No names show up, but it's pretty sweet.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:02 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
if I'm not mistaken u can do a hack and have the msvc annoucement will be played via ur headset. so its kindof like caller Id spoken. just get one with good noise cancellation technology.
~mike

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions