PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2010, 08:32 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: I have literaly tried Every ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never4saken View Post
After exhaustive research and an extreme amount of downloading ROM's (at least 75 flashes under my belt),
lightweight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
I think the stock rom has better management of some resources but not all stock flashes are the best. But that's preference of opinion. Just like the iphone - while some users are good with the plain os, many prefer to jailbreak...its just individual preferences vary
I couldn't STAND the iphone without jailbreaking it. Anyone who says it's a great OS out of the box doesn't have a clue, with all of my mods and such it's like a totally diffferent OS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim-X View Post
Well MightyRom is the best out there for custom roms, I have used silence as well which is pretty good. However, I think the reason you think that way is because 6.5 sucks compare to 6.1. 6.5 is slow - I have just got use to it, but even if you flash back to stock you notice a difference in speed. I like to customize my phone, but if mighty came in 6.1 I would be one happy camper.
As far as others' custom ROMs I always found DaReeseBoy's to be the fastest, most stable, with awesome battery life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certs View Post
Exactly, custom ROM's are as much a hobby as they are a necessity. I don't miss flashing ROMs 1-2 times a week anymore but I had LOTS of fun doing it!

In almost every instance I found the same result- stock ROM is the most stable but also the most underpowered. I never left the stock ROM on my phone for long lol
true, I felt like I couldn't do anything with my phone other than make calls when I was running stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deykno View Post

i agree with never4saken i flashed 1 week ago now my phone acts up..never4saken since have flash expierence any tips on how 2 go back 2 stock rom for sprint tp2?
just flash the stock Sprint ROM, it's in the CDMA upgrades forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Doolie View Post
I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE THEN! I too went back. Same reasons. Same feelings. The ROMS are very cool but suck battery like crazy and run so slowly. Too bad about SPB Shell. It's great but like you said, bye bye battery life.
Depends which ROM you use. I would cook custom ROMs on OMJ's kitchen and with the tweaks and mods I had going I had awesome battery life, A LOT of device space after flash (around 60 or so after all my cabs and such) and with the "fast charge" and other tweaks enabled actually got things running better than stock. you'd be surprised

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions