PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2010, 10:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC hero
Carrier: Sprint

Never4saken is keeping up the good workNever4saken is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up I have literaly tried Every ROM

After exhaustive research and an extreme amount of downloading ROM's (at least 75 flashes under my belt), I have finally come to the conclusion that there is nothing better than just sticking with the Stock ROM.

Please don't misunderstand, I am not knocking the ROM's that are out there. They are fun to try and play with. There has been a lot of hard work by very talented Chef's. Kudos to all of them in the highest regard. (Donate to them if you can, they do great work)=D>

My main reasoning is battery life. The original stock ROM will last 1 to sometimes even 2 days longer. (I think it is what runs in the background that tends to drain the battery faster) The fastest battery drain ever was when running the spb mobile shell.

So it was back to the Sprint Stock ROM, and of course I use different icons all the way around, along with little tweaks here and there to make it my own. I take no credit, every idea was pulled from techs here and there creativeness.

Just my two cents.

p.s. I will continue to try new ROM's when they become available.

I need help man, I am a total ROM Junkie.
...anyone know where I can find an RA (ROM Anonymous) meeting?
Old 02-14-2010, 11:14 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP
Re: I have literaly tried Every ROM

I think the stock rom has better management of some resources but not all stock flashes are the best. But that's preference of opinion. Just like the iphone - while some users are good with the plain os, many prefer to jailbreak...its just individual preferences vary
Old 02-14-2010, 12:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PuckMercury is keeping up the good workPuckMercury is keeping up the good work

I am on day 4 of a charge using Mighty ROM 2.10.2010 and have roughly 40% remaining on my VZW TP2. Data for you. Stock never yielded anything approaching this.

EDIT- With the TP1 my experience was the same as yours w/ respect to battery life as the chefs were trying to get every ounce of performance out of an underwhelming hardware platform. My best experience on the TP1 was to use base Titanium on WM6.5. No Manila whatsoever.

EDIT 2 - On further reflection, this discussion is rather moot with respect to general WM. With the wildly variant hardware platforms running WinMo, I am sure the battery experience on stock vs. custom is equally variant with respect to battery life among other things. I would equate this discussion to a general statement such as custom ROMs are always slower than stock ROMs. I am certainly not asserting such a claim, just drawing a parallel. This discussion would probably be best limited to individual hardware platforms. Judging by your forum info - the TP1 in your case.

Last edited by PuckMercury; 02-14-2010 at 12:47 PM.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckMercury View Post
I am on day 4 of a charge using Mighty ROM 2.10.2010 and have roughly 40% remaining on my VZW TP2. Data for you. Stock never yielded anything approaching this.
Mighty ROM does have good battery life.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro2
Carrier: t mobile

Heavy G is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckMercury View Post

EDIT- With the TP1 my experience was the same as yours w/ respect to battery life as the chefs were trying to get every ounce of performance out of an underwhelming hardware platform. My best experience on the TP1 was to use base Titanium on WM6.5. No Manila whatsoever.

EDIT 2 - On further reflection, this discussion is rather moot with respect to general WM. With the wildly variant hardware platforms running WinMo, I am sure the battery experience on stock vs. custom is equally variant with respect to battery life among other things. I would equate this discussion to a general statement such as custom ROMs are always slower than stock ROMs. I am certainly not asserting such a claim, just drawing a parallel. This discussion would probably be best limited to individual hardware platforms. Judging by your forum info - the TP1 in your case.
i am in-line with that thinking edit-2
Old 02-15-2010, 10:40 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc evo3D

Sim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Sim-X Send a message via Yahoo to Sim-X

Well MightyRom is the best out there for custom roms, I have used silence as well which is pretty good. However, I think the reason you think that way is because 6.5 sucks compare to 6.1. 6.5 is slow - I have just got use to it, but even if you flash back to stock you notice a difference in speed. I like to customize my phone, but if mighty came in 6.1 I would be one happy camper.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Surround
Carrier: AT&T

Tiberius85 is keeping up the good workTiberius85 is keeping up the good work

Turning off push email which forces a constant data connection upped my battery life by 300% at least. After 12 hours i still had 80%, with data connection id be at 20%- empty.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Like I said I will try anything. I am now trying Root's again. He has been a favorite of mine. I guess when I get bored it is time to change the ROM.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:27 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Exactly, custom ROM's are as much a hobby as they are a necessity. I don't miss flashing ROMs 1-2 times a week anymore but I had LOTS of fun doing it!

In almost every instance I found the same result- stock ROM is the most stable but also the most underpowered. I never left the stock ROM on my phone for long lol
Old 02-17-2010, 08:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 2 Touch Pro 2, Apache (still working great)
Carrier: ALL SERO, ALL THE TIME with android

EJFudd is a n00b

I'm an energy fan. With moderate use I get a full day. Charge my phone every night.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions