PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2010, 10:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo3D/EvoShift/Arrive(Gold_C)/A100/A500/GALAXY10.1
Carrier: Sprint

mapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I have literaly tried Every ROM

Most ROM's out there are made to make your phone flow faster than the stock. Most ROM's are out there to take full advantage of our minimal processors and ram. I agree with you in that most ROM's out there take more battery life than the stock.

I am of a different opinion though, I hate the fact that my phone wont live past two days without charge (with minimal use) and wont live a full day (with constant use) but I have tried to flash back to the stock rom... I CANT HANDLE THAT!!! I CANT!!! I am so addicted to the faster roms, those that take every single drop of juice that battery can provide so that my phone can do everything (well almost, ive yet to find a ROM that will allow my phone to go get me a beer...

I NEED MY FIX MAN!!! Im like a junkie, MORE SPEED!!!

The stock rom however, usually has everything fixed and you dont have to battle with it to get everything working... But how can you resist to customization? To the latest and greatest? To that last drop of... well, you get the drift.

I am currently running WinMo 6.5.3 (Vetvitos) and dual booting to the current build of XDAndroid, now, if you want to talk about battery life, the XDAndroid life expectancy is 4 hrs, I have turned off everything leaving only the phone option turned on, and still, at max 6hrs is all I get on a 100% charge.

But as stated, I am an addict to these forums and to these roms. How could I go back? Someone needs to have an intervention for me.

HELP!!! IVE FLASHED AND I DONT WANT TO GO BACK...to stock that is...
Old 02-17-2010, 10:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

corneliuscrisco is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I usually get 2 days out of OMJ's Sense rom.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

deykno is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/17992; U; en))

i agree with never4saken i flashed 1 week ago now my phone acts up..never4saken since have flash expierence any tips on how 2 go back 2 stock rom for sprint tp2?
Old 02-18-2010, 09:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC hero
Threadstarter

Never4saken is keeping up the good workNever4saken is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by deykno View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/17992; U; en))

i agree with never4saken i flashed 1 week ago now my phone acts up..never4saken since have flash expierence any tips on how 2 go back 2 stock rom for sprint tp2?
I don't have the TP2, but I always use HTC's website to DL the newest Stock ROM.

I need help man, I am a total ROM Junkie.
...anyone know where I can find an RA (ROM Anonymous) meeting?
Old 02-18-2010, 09:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC hero
Threadstarter

Never4saken is keeping up the good workNever4saken is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapaz04 View Post
I NEED MY FIX MAN!!! Im like a junkie, MORE SPEED!!!
Amen to that!!! Got to have that fix. lol

I am now trying Twisted's newest "Newsense" ROM.=D>
Old 02-22-2010, 07:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC HD
Carrier: Vodafone

chevic is a n00b

Well on another forum a very happy man says his HTC Touch HD last 7 days with the Topix 3.5 Rom.

I told him I don't belive him but he insists that this rom not only is very fast but is very good for battery life.

So what are your opinions on Topix roms ? I found in lot of places that these are the fastest ones(especially the vanilla ones).

On the other hand I have SPB mobile shell 3.5.3 and I don't find it hungry for battery.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SprintPCS

crackofdawn is a n00b

Have to say, I had horrible battery life on my Sprint TP2 with the stock rom. Would be at 1-2 bars at the end of the day with mild use. With MightyROM I can go a couple days, maybe even 3, on one charge with mild use.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:16 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

with the tp1 I ended up staying with the original shipped rom, and just kept tweaking as I felt compelled. when I got the tp2 and swapped my bro's tp, he also noted the drastic difference in battery life from the custom (me thinks bored rom) that had been running on his for the last year.

on the tp2, STOCK sucKs! take your touchflo back to china! there are more htc services preloaded than base wm ones.
i've been rocking with the naked rom for a week or so now.

Last edited by shaggylive; 02-25-2010 at 12:20 PM.
Old 02-27-2010, 02:15 AM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I used to have the same opinion until I just started flashing ROMs. Been with WM for about 5 years now. I am very happy with the ROM I have selected for my diamond. It's the first and I don't think I'm going to change for a long time.

Though I do agree, stock is the most reliable and stable, especially if you are like me and depend on your phone 24/7 and can't have mistakes like freezing or taking too long to open something....etc.

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 03-23-2010, 05:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro

Fred Doolie is just getting started

I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE THEN! I too went back. Same reasons. Same feelings. The ROMS are very cool but suck battery like crazy and run so slowly. Too bad about SPB Shell. It's great but like you said, bye bye battery life.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions