PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General iPhone Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   Why does everyone hate the iphone? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=76395)

imneveral0ne 08-15-2009 04:47 AM

Re: Why does everyone hate the iphone?

i dont have the iphone. its a very good phone, in fact, its a GREAT PHONE. but thats it. its a really great phone lol. I cant do everything i need to do with the iphone. its very good at entertainemt lol. but my winmo can entertain me the same way. iphone is good for noobs though!

EDIT:

if i was gonna switch it would be to the palm pre LOL

drift365 08-15-2009 04:00 PM

I finaly got a chance to look at a palm pre yesterday. It was a dummy display so i didnt get to play with the os, but i was surprised at how thin and light it was for a phone with a full keyboard

imneveral0ne 08-15-2009 04:18 PM

it was probably light cause there was nothing inside lol

Noir 08-18-2009 07:45 AM

generally the pre isn't that bad LOL
as far as iphone goes, it is for n00bs...believe it

Siq Mawsh 09-01-2009 07:16 AM

Just to throw in my 2 cents...(Windows fanboy)

I just think that the iPhone appeals to all the normal and not to technically savvy consumers. I think that ever since Ipod exploded everyone just thinks its better due to how popular it was. Overrated. One thing I absolutely cannot stand is any Apple commercial. They put down their major competition or point out flaws to get buyers? It's just poor.

If you're a member on this website/forum, you love to tinker with your technology. It's a thrill to do cool things with your phone. I bet you could go up to many iPhone users and they would have no idea what a registry is.(Or they would point you to the nearest AMA)

Krisman 09-06-2009 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Siq Mawsh (Post 1132427)
If you're a member on this website/forum, you love to tinker with your technology. It's a thrill to do cool things with your phone. I bet you could go up to many iPhone users and they would have no idea what a registry is.(Or they would point you to the nearest AMA)

My setiments exactly. I was actually talking to my little sister last night and she was saying how much she wanted an iPhone. Everytime I tried to help her find something for her current phone (BlackBerry) she was confused and annoyed. iPhone is definately right for her. But for me I love playing with my phone, customizing, breaking, fixing, breaking again, searching high and low for the one elusive thing that I know exists but I don't know where. Its fun for me others want something simpler. Thats not to say all iPhone users are simple its just a simpler phone.

Past that though I must admit I am jealous of the iPhone screen and its graphic capability. Although if HTC weren't such bastards I would have proper drivers and it wouldn't be that big a deal to me anymore.

AstainHellbring 09-10-2009 12:57 AM

Personally I hate the iphone because of how terrible it is to try to use it for more than just a phone. If you actually text and email and take notes and all that iphone is just too slow and too painful for it. Only thing really I liked about it is the games

Adrianh85 09-15-2009 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff (Post 1064404)
Yes, and for your sins you shall spend eternity staring at this

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/g.../Capture-2.jpg

:P
Seriously though, good post. I wasnt always a winmo fanboy, but after countless times of people sticking thier iphone in my face to show me their new app that makes a fart noise or pours out a virtual beer I'm just really sick of the whole iphone culture. I agree with everything in your post except the coverage thing. While it is true that coverage is purely geographical, it is also true that that is part of having an iphone as long as they only allow one carrier to have it. If they bring the iphone to other carriers then the coverage/carrier argument would be null.

i concur because when i was in class for s+ i was using my friend 3gs in ballston common northern va and it was running at full speed 7.2mbs

skimco 09-15-2009 08:16 PM

So i came back to what was my home i visited quite a bit to see how people like their new touch pro 2's and its the same old problems....battery sucks, bluetooth doesnt work right,,,,,yada yada yada,,,,,And then i get to this thread which intrigues me the most....Its not only a river in Africa, Its called Denial people. Ive went from MOgul to diamond, to touch pro, and then just before i was going to slap another 300 or so down on the tp2 i checked out the IPhone....Everyone who says the Iphone is for NOOBS is soaked from being in that river. Just take a glance at Hackulous.com and look at the thousands and thousands of cracked apps. If being able to have tomtom turn by turn gps, slingbox, skype being able to call and not use your cell minutes, customizing the **** out of my iphone in themes, wallpaper, etc...playing games with UNREAL graphics, and much more than i havent even gotten around to install (ive only had it for 3 weeks)......AND HERE IS THE KICKER.......IT ALL WORKS FLAWLESSLY.....I used to hard reset the holy hell out of my HTC's and I have reset my Iphone 3gs.....ONCE...I used to rave about my 8gb card....LOL now i have 32gb.....and i didnt even have to get a damn personal cell phone tower (airave) from AT&T, i can actually take calls in my own house!!!! People wake up swallow your pride and go by an Iphone....They are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much fun.....Well im through with this little rant and thanks for reading if you got this far and if you still like those pocket pc's then have at them.....I am never going back to those things....

denisk 09-25-2009 06:18 PM

Why I dont like the iPhone:
-Apple likes to market ALOT, all the tv ads etc etc. I've bearly seen windows advertisments/marketing - probably because they already have a strong and satisfied user base, unlike apple. Apple on the other hand is trying to 'convert' people (smells like christianity, but thats besides the point). In my eyes they're just brainwashing you, just so you think your product is top of the line, but sure in some aspects it could (GPU) but certainly not others, which are more important than 'eye candy'. Ex of their marketing:
Apple: multi touch is revolutionary
You: OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGMOG THATS AMAZING im buying it NOW
--But in reality what does it do? zoom in pictures, and thats it...big deal (correct me if im wrong)
Apple just exagurates the features of the iPhone, so that you believe no other phone on earth has them same functions, but in fact other phones can accomplish the same, and perphaps even more.

-You can't change the battery, if that doesn't wreak of capitalism then tell me. Why on earth would you make something easy to replace, inaccessible to everyone? Only one reason: profit. And don't give me the warranty speech, it will never work. Your battery will 'die'/go below 50% after the warranty ends, unless you really, really use your iphone alot. Unless you get lucky and have a faulty battery from the start you can get it replaced. (Oh, or you get the extended warranty, but that costs more money = more profits = too much capitalism that just is not fair to the consumer after paying hundreds of dollars for a phone)

-If you CAN customise you iPhone, why do you have to JAILBREAK it just to do it? Apple clearly doesn't want you to do that, Windows Mobile on the other hand just warns you the program isn't 'signed'/maybe unsafe. Also apple says you cant have real time navigational gps (or so they said before). Why on earth would a company disallow such a feature to be put on their products, thats just plain stupid, just like apple.

-The company is named after a fruit, so having their products means your a fruit too haha. Also, fruits rot, and so do their products, soon you'll have to replace your apple with a new apple. Which also relates to their philosophy of vaccumming more $$$ out of your pockets.

In short, Apple just wants to dump your wallets into their profit bucket.