PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2011, 07:23 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: iPhone 4S on SPRINT - Questions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by djqwikcut View Post
Actually there is no SWPE for the IPHONE.. NONE.. there is an UNOFICIAL BETA if you jailbreak (I have it on my IPOD TOUCH). it misses almost every word I try.

I aso dont like WINDOWS phones.... too restricting...
maybe soo but it's better than any stock iPhone jailbroken or not. anyway windows phones can also be jailbroken and such see this...

ChevronWP7 Labs unlocker a few weeks from launch, new details released | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

and this....

DFT Custom ROM #2 for Windows Phone to feature Internet Sharing, CDMA support | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews
Old 10-15-2011, 08:50 PM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

there is a swipe for iOS it worked well for me
Old 10-16-2011, 06:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: sprint

imecoli is a n00b

[QUOTE

ChevronWP7 Labs unlocker a few weeks from launch, new details released | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

and this....

DFT Custom ROM #2 for Windows Phone to feature Internet Sharing, CDMA support | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews[/QUOTE]

Eric, I don't see the Arrive listed in the sharing column, is it under a different name? I miss that feature since I got rid of my TP2
Thanks
Old 10-16-2011, 09:22 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

djqwikcut is keeping up the good workdjqwikcut is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakdillard View Post
there is a swipe for iOS it worked well for me
The only one I know of is an UN-OFFICIAL BETA that you need to be jailbroken to get it to work.. I have it on my IPOD TOUCH and it misses just abut every word. Its called ISWYPE or something... if there is something different, let me know ..
Old 10-18-2011, 06:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Why would anyone think about jumping ship just because of Siri. Let's take away that Android has already had voice control for who knows how long now, how often do you really see yourself using it? Sure it might be fun when you are sitting by yourself and no one is around and you want to ask some stupid questions, but are you really going to talk to your phone when you are around people.....

Androids Voice Search, while not interactive can pretty much do everything that Siri can. One thing I do use Voice Search for is for navigation. It is great to tell it where you want to go and it will bring up navigation. Try that on an iPhone 4S. Hope you don't need spoken turn by turn directions. lol
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:43 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

djqwikcut is keeping up the good workdjqwikcut is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
Why would anyone think about jumping ship just because of Siri. Let's take away that Android has already had voice control for who knows how long now, how often do you really see yourself using it? Sure it might be fun when you are sitting by yourself and no one is around and you want to ask some stupid questions, but are you really going to talk to your phone when you are around people.....

Androids Voice Search, while not interactive can pretty much do everything that Siri can. One thing I do use Voice Search for is for navigation. It is great to tell it where you want to go and it will bring up navigation. Try that on an iPhone 4S. Hope you don't need spoken turn by turn directions. lol
I wouldnt and I use a different VOICE CONTROL program that IS interactive like SIRI. a lot of people went to apple because of SIRI... I dont see why... I dont get going to a smaller screen, not 4g and other things missing.... I thought about it then thought again and realized my EVO is better
Old 10-18-2011, 06:15 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Iphone 4s

violent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Ok, to clear some things up.

1. There is NOT a jailbreak for the A5 chip yet (Iphone 4s)
2. And everyone who says Iphones suck either have never used one before or are so close minded towards apple or are too much of an android fanboy to realize how good they actually are.

Numbers don't lie, there is a reason why Apple sells so many Iphone!
Old 10-20-2011, 02:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 3 & Evo 5G

mikewest is keeping up the good workmikewest is keeping up the good workmikewest is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by violent31601 View Post
Ok, to clear some things up.

1. There is NOT a jailbreak for the A5 chip yet (Iphone 4s)
2. And everyone who says Iphones suck either have never used one before or are so close minded towards apple or are too much of an android fanboy to realize how good they actually are.

Numbers don't lie, there is a reason why Apple sells so many Iphone!

2. Lets be fair here, I agree that most people are still stuck in an anti-apple attitude, as well myself in my Microsucks attitude.... I am sure that there ARE some people who have tried and don't like the iPhone...

It is still possible for people to like or dislike things that others "Think Different"ly about. For example, I had a friend who just loved his neighbors Camaro....He thought I was "jealous" because I told him I don't like Camaros...Sure the Camaro cost a lot more than the Saturn SC2 I drove at the time, but that does not change the fact that I don't like Camaros...It also does not mean that my Saturn was a better car than the Camaro, as I am sure that it was not a "better" car, but I just do not like Camaros. On a side not, the newer Camaros are actually starting to change that.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:31 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Iphone 4s

violent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewest View Post
2. Lets be fair here, I agree that most people are still stuck in an anti-apple attitude, as well myself in my Microsucks attitude.... I am sure that there ARE some people who have tried and don't like the iPhone...

It is still possible for people to like or dislike things that others "Think Different"ly about. For example, I had a friend who just loved his neighbors Camaro....He thought I was "jealous" because I told him I don't like Camaros...Sure the Camaro cost a lot more than the Saturn SC2 I drove at the time, but that does not change the fact that I don't like Camaros...It also does not mean that my Saturn was a better car than the Camaro, as I am sure that it was not a "better" car, but I just do not like Camaros. On a side not, the newer Camaros are actually starting to change that.
I agree, i'm just sick of people telling me "should have bought a (insert random android phone here)".

Why? cause that is all you have ever used and all you know??

I have no problem with Android phones, they do things that IOS doesn't do and vice versa. I guess, my point is if ppl are going to bash Iphones or IOS in general, please don't bash it just cause its Apple and its "cool" to hate on Apple.

Idk just my 2 cents
Old 10-21-2011, 08:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ebuzz is just getting started

I'm also stuck trying to decide if I should trade in my EVO 4G for the 4S. I'm not THAT anti-Apple, but you can't deny that they have sold so many for a good reason. The one thing I really don't like about my 4G and the new Androids is that they are too damn big! I have always felt that the iPhone was a better sized phone, and now that the 4S has a SIM card, it's an added attraction for overseas travel. I tried all the flashing of roms and so forth but found I aint such a tweeker after all. I'd rather just stick with something basic that works. The one think I may miss is all the hacked (i.e., free) Android apps I can get w/o paying.
Still confused and undecided, however!!!

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions