PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2011, 07:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Instinct HD
Carrier: Sprint

ironmikez is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lightbulb Dual Core devices on Sprint

Has anyone heard any news if Sprint has any recent plans to introduce any Android devices preferably something made by Samsung, maybe on the new Galaxy S II platform?
Old 02-25-2011, 01:26 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Dual Core devices on Sprint

why would you want a Samsung after they just hung all their users out to dry on Froyo for so long...

Optimus 2x and Optimus 3D are both dual core, no word though if they'll make it to sprint.. though Optimus line does reach across All carriers presently..
Old 02-25-2011, 04:24 PM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

the samsung galaxy s2 phones look really nice but the sorry support they are going to have from samsung kind of outweighs the phone atleast for us because general consumers have no clue of updates,mods,themes, etc.... until it hits them

Old 03-13-2011, 09:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Axim x51v and TouchPro 2 now Arrive

JohnMcD348 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

So is Samsung known to be poor when it comes to updates and customer support? I ask because I'm considering getting an Epic instead of an HTC Shift. I just had an HTC unit go bad for no reason so I was a little leary of getting a HTC Shift. But, if Samsung has poor service, I may as well stick with HTC. At least I know them.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:16 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
why would you want a Samsung after they just hung all their users out to dry on Froyo for so long...

Optimus 2x and Optimus 3D are both dual core, no word though if they'll make it to sprint.. though Optimus line does reach across All carriers presently..
epic is still better than evo and i got no complaints on fixing stuff before releasing it. (wp7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMcD348 View Post
So is Samsung known to be poor when it comes to updates and customer support? I ask because I'm considering getting an Epic instead of an HTC Shift. I just had an HTC unit go bad for no reason so I was a little leary of getting a HTC Shift. But, if Samsung has poor service, I may as well stick with HTC. At least I know them.
see above, epic runs all over shift even w/o froyo which epic does have btw. i had a shift and epic at same time and epic is just better period.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:18 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMcD348 View Post
Well Samsung does not have the best history of updates for phones..but neither does HTC..

As far as customer service, From what I am *hearing* Samsung is not bad in that department...

for example, have you ever used your warranty with HTC? if they see anything they dont like even if its unrelated to what your asking warranty for..they hold your phone hostage until you pay them money to send it back to you(for like 25$+ or more even though it prob takes like 5$ to ship) or pay to get a new phone for full retail price...

Samsung on the other hand replaces the phone no questions asked...even if it is your fault...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:16 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro with custom ROMs'
Carrier: Sprint for the service & PPCGeeks for the device

meanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuff

With the other carriers releasing new phones Left & Right, what is the hold up with Sprint? specifically the hardware beast! dual core in particular.

Would love to see the (rumored) htc eternity come to sprint although it is not listed as a dual core HTC Eternity specs - Phone Arena

P
ressing
will get you far, so PLEASE press it often!!!

Old 06-09-2011, 03:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

capthr is keeping up the good workcapthr is keeping up the good work

EVO 3D and Photon 4g both coming soon!!
Old 06-09-2011, 04:07 PM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

galaxy s2 has it and then next year sprint should have the SG3 which rumors are starting to come out saying its going to be quad core
Old 07-09-2011, 06:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Axim x51v and TouchPro 2 now Arrive

JohnMcD348 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

WEll, I am now seriously looking at making the switch over to Droid. I created a thread asking for advice on choosing a phone but so far no input. Which is the better slider keyboard phone on Sprint? I'd like a dual core Droid with a keyboard, good size screen, and able to tether(preferably without having to go through a lot of hoops)

Any ideas?

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion

Tags
android 2.3, dual core, galaxy s2, samsung, sprint