PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Android Discussion (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Dual Core devices on Sprint (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=141259)

ironmikez 02-24-2011 07:44 PM

Dual Core devices on Sprint

Has anyone heard any news if Sprint has any recent plans to introduce any Android devices preferably something made by Samsung, maybe on the new Galaxy S II platform?

boredandtattooed 02-25-2011 01:26 PM

Re: Dual Core devices on Sprint

why would you want a Samsung after they just hung all their users out to dry on Froyo for so long...

Optimus 2x and Optimus 3D are both dual core, no word though if they'll make it to sprint.. though Optimus line does reach across All carriers presently..

masetas 02-25-2011 04:24 PM

the samsung galaxy s2 phones look really nice but the sorry support they are going to have from samsung kind of outweighs the phone atleast for us because general consumers have no clue of updates,mods,themes, etc.... until it hits them

JohnMcD348 03-13-2011 09:48 PM

So is Samsung known to be poor when it comes to updates and customer support? I ask because I'm considering getting an Epic instead of an HTC Shift. I just had an HTC unit go bad for no reason so I was a little leary of getting a HTC Shift. But, if Samsung has poor service, I may as well stick with HTC. At least I know them.

darren.wlsn1 03-13-2011 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 2061296)
why would you want a Samsung after they just hung all their users out to dry on Froyo for so long...

Optimus 2x and Optimus 3D are both dual core, no word though if they'll make it to sprint.. though Optimus line does reach across All carriers presently..

epic is still better than evo and i got no complaints on fixing stuff before releasing it. (wp7)
Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnMcD348 (Post 2068121)
So is Samsung known to be poor when it comes to updates and customer support? I ask because I'm considering getting an Epic instead of an HTC Shift. I just had an HTC unit go bad for no reason so I was a little leary of getting a HTC Shift. But, if Samsung has poor service, I may as well stick with HTC. At least I know them.

see above, epic runs all over shift even w/o froyo which epic does have btw. i had a shift and epic at same time and epic is just better period.

gTen 03-14-2011 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnMcD348 (Post 2068121)

Well Samsung does not have the best history of updates for phones..but neither does HTC..

As far as customer service, From what I am *hearing* Samsung is not bad in that department...

for example, have you ever used your warranty with HTC? if they see anything they dont like even if its unrelated to what your asking warranty for..they hold your phone hostage until you pay them money to send it back to you(for like 25$+ or more even though it prob takes like 5$ to ship) or pay to get a new phone for full retail price...

Samsung on the other hand replaces the phone no questions asked...even if it is your fault...

meanfishy 06-06-2011 09:16 PM

With the other carriers releasing new phones Left & Right, what is the hold up with Sprint? specifically the hardware beast! dual core in particular.

Would love to see the (rumored) htc eternity come to sprint although it is not listed as a dual core :( HTC Eternity specs - Phone Arena

capthr 06-09-2011 03:22 PM

EVO 3D and Photon 4g both coming soon!!

masetas 06-09-2011 04:07 PM

galaxy s2 has it and then next year sprint should have the SG3 which rumors are starting to come out saying its going to be quad core

JohnMcD348 07-09-2011 06:51 AM

WEll, I am now seriously looking at making the switch over to Droid. I created a thread asking for advice on choosing a phone but so far no input. Which is the better slider keyboard phone on Sprint? I'd like a dual core Droid with a keyboard, good size screen, and able to tether(preferably without having to go through a lot of hoops)

Any ideas?