PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2011, 09:31 AM
boe
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

boe is keeping up the good workboe is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Voice Dialing with Android

Hello,

I'm wondering if the native BT voice dialing is improved with Android 2.3?
Old 06-11-2011, 09:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: TMO

MarkAtHome is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by haus View Post
I have an update here. On the shift I installed Cyberon Voice Dialer (it was a buck when I bought it a couple days ago). Works perfectly. You have to restart your phone after installing it or it won't find any of your contacts - I think that's one reason people say it doesn't work, since they don't follow the directions.
I have not yet tried it, but there is a more enhanced Cyberon Voice Commander, which does not need tags, training, etc.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Nikkirox_1 is just getting started

I was just playing with my EVO 3D and noticed that the voice dialer isn't easy to access directly from the phone. On my TP2 I could just press and hold the phone key and the voice command would ask me what I wanted to do. on my EVO 3D I had to actually go to apps to find the voice dialer. Although it works it isn't convenient. You should be able to activate that app whether you are using a BT headset or not. I am probably one of the few people that is new to Android that is not impressed. I find some basic things are missing that were standard on my WM TP2 phone. I was expecting Android to have those features plus a whole lot more. Boy was I wrong.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:55 PM
boe
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch
Threadstarter

boe is keeping up the good workboe is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkirox_1 View Post
I was just playing with my EVO 3D and noticed that the voice dialer isn't easy to access directly from the phone. On my TP2 I could just press and hold the phone key and the voice command would ask me what I wanted to do. on my EVO 3D I had to actually go to apps to find the voice dialer. Although it works it isn't convenient. You should be able to activate that app whether you are using a BT headset or not. I am probably one of the few people that is new to Android that is not impressed. I find some basic things are missing that were standard on my WM TP2 phone. I was expecting Android to have those features plus a whole lot more. Boy was I wrong.
I'm used to MS voice command which is more accurate and has better confirmation but you can create a shortcut on your desktop for voice dialer with Android. I would say I've found something of equal or greater functionality in nearly every nook of Android but MS Voice Command will be sorely missed. You can also try vlingo if you like but again this program is frustrating as it wants you to touch the screen to complete the call either between enabling it or when it wants verification.

Ive been told once the 3D is rooted you'll be able to assign a hard button to it like you could on your WM phone.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Nikkirox_1 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by boe View Post
I'm used to MS voice command which is more accurate and has better confirmation but you can create a shortcut on your desktop for voice dialer with Android. I would say I've found something of equal or greater functionality in nearly every nook of Android but MS Voice Command will be sorely missed. You can also try vlingo if you like but again this program is frustrating as it wants you to touch the screen to complete the call either between enabling it or when it wants verification.

Ive been told once the 3D is rooted you'll be able to assign a hard button to it like you could on your WM phone.
Funny I came on looking for info on Vlingo. I donwloaded this program yesterday. I didn't evern realize that you wrote this in response to my post. I don't like Vlingo either. You do have to touch the screen numerous times to do things. I thought it was a voice activated program they lie. I am looking for a program that allows me to use my voice to do just about anything especially if I am driving. I did put a shortcut to the stock Android Voice dialer, but I would prefer just pressing a key and activating it. Then let my voice do all the rest. I am so surprised at Google.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

JimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I swear Vlingo used to work without pushing buttons. I noticed the change after an upgrade and couldn't find any way to bypass it.

Sent from my Sprint Evo with Tapatalk.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

CMeys is keeping up the good workCMeys is keeping up the good work

You can get 1c - voice confirmation by using a free app called Choice Dialer + -- I've been using it on my Evo 3D and it is very good.

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion