Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

boe is keeping up the good workboe is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Voice Dialing with Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkirox_1 View Post
I was just playing with my EVO 3D and noticed that the voice dialer isn't easy to access directly from the phone. On my TP2 I could just press and hold the phone key and the voice command would ask me what I wanted to do. on my EVO 3D I had to actually go to apps to find the voice dialer. Although it works it isn't convenient. You should be able to activate that app whether you are using a BT headset or not. I am probably one of the few people that is new to Android that is not impressed. I find some basic things are missing that were standard on my WM TP2 phone. I was expecting Android to have those features plus a whole lot more. Boy was I wrong.
I'm used to MS voice command which is more accurate and has better confirmation but you can create a shortcut on your desktop for voice dialer with Android. I would say I've found something of equal or greater functionality in nearly every nook of Android but MS Voice Command will be sorely missed. You can also try vlingo if you like but again this program is frustrating as it wants you to touch the screen to complete the call either between enabling it or when it wants verification.

Ive been told once the 3D is rooted you'll be able to assign a hard button to it like you could on your WM phone.