PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro > CDMA Treo Pro Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2009, 09:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint: EvDO revA

omfgaturtle is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: CFay 6.1 Rom! CEOS 5.2.20765 CLEAN ROM

I dont guess there will be an updated build such as 21051 or something eh?
Old 09-15-2009, 09:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

cmhgreg is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionNE View Post
This Clean ROM is very good. Much faster and a lot of memory saved.
Thanks for your hard work.

Plan on doing a re-build of app installs this week. For now Sprite Backup restore seemed to work.

Thanks again
OrionNE
Did you use a full version of Sprite Backup? I really like this Clean ROM, but I lost the Sprite Backup program that came with the Sprint ROM in the process. I made a full backup before overwriting the ROM, but don't have a way to do a restore (unless I'm missing something, which is usually the case.) Thanks.

By the way, I agree with you: this ROM is sweet.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:22 PM
Father of the Treo Pro
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2/Treo Pro
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

CFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by omfgaturtle View Post
I dont guess there will be an updated build such as 21051 or something eh?
Not from me more than likely, I built one with 21014 but I had a couple bugs I couldnt get out. Im moving onto the TP2 now, I got it yesterday. I paved the road for all of yall now lets see yall shine =D> .
-CFay

CFay TP2 Port ROM! Check it out!
Changed my name from fayfay392 to CFay!
Old 09-15-2009, 09:50 PM
N00b

OrionNE is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to OrionNE Send a message via AIM to OrionNE Send a message via Skype™ to OrionNE

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhgreg View Post
Did you use a full version of Sprite Backup? I really like this Clean ROM, but I lost the Sprite Backup program that came with the Sprint ROM in the process. I made a full backup before overwriting the ROM, but don't have a way to do a restore (unless I'm missing something, which is usually the case.) Thanks.

By the way, I agree with you: this ROM is sweet.
I had to go and look for the Sprite Backup 6.2.1 version to do a restore.
I found a version at XDA-Developers. It was a trial version but it was enough to get me a full restore onto the new CFay clean ROM. and it worked flawless. Just do a "Bing" search for Sprint Backup 6.2.1.

Hope this helps.
OrionNE
Old 09-15-2009, 10:20 PM
Lurker

GlitterKill is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to GlitterKill Send a message via Skype™ to GlitterKill

If I can't get RealVGA to run on one of the 6.5 ROMs then I will definitely load this one up and run with it instead. RealVGA just gives you SO much more screen area.

If you left out Sprite Backup, can I use the EXT ROM apps files you used by running the cab to install it from there? I ask this because I have a license which was purchased as an upgrade to the existing version that was preinstalled so that I can run the latest version of the app.

After I get my paycheck this Friday I am DEFINITELY buying you a few drinks. Thanks SOOO much for your efforts!
Old 09-15-2009, 10:29 PM
N00b

OrionNE is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to OrionNE Send a message via AIM to OrionNE Send a message via Skype™ to OrionNE

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitterKill View Post
If I can't get RealVGA to run on one of the 6.5 ROMs then I will definitely load this one up and run with it instead. RealVGA just gives you SO much more screen area.

If you left out Sprite Backup, can I use the EXT ROM apps files you used by running the cab to install it from there? I ask this because I have a license which was purchased as an upgrade to the existing version that was preinstalled so that I can run the latest version of the app.

After I get my paycheck this Friday I am DEFINITELY buying you a few drinks. Thanks SOOO much for your efforts!

RealVGA works on the CFay 6.1 Clean ROM I am using it.

OrionNE
Old 09-15-2009, 10:50 PM
Father of the Treo Pro
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2/Treo Pro
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

CFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
=D>
=D>
OrionNE
Ive never used it, but nice to hear!

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK THE FOLLOWING DONATORS, YALL MADE ALL MY WORK WORTHWHILE!!
Ericmanoa
Gksmithlcw
Malatesta

Donations are very much appreciated but not required!
-CFay
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:13 PM
Lurker

GlitterKill is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to GlitterKill Send a message via Skype™ to GlitterKill

Quote:

OrionNE
Great news! Do you run the Chainfire GFXBoost Service, too? Makes things a bit smoother on the Treo Pro. I doubt that one will work under 6.5 though.

If I can get RealVGA to run on the new 6.5 that Cfay posted which is more 6.1 compatible, I will let you all know one way or the other. Already did my sprite backup. About time to unlock the phone and flash it.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:32 AM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitterKill View Post
Great news! Do you run the Chainfire GFXBoost Service, too? Makes things a bit smoother on the Treo Pro. I doubt that one will work under 6.5 though.
Forgot about that one...just installed Chainfire GFXBoost. Seems to work, but it's always hard to tell...sure didn't do anything negative.

Edit: err, doesn't work on WM6.5

Last edited by Malatesta; 09-16-2009 at 12:41 PM.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

gdavis612 is a n00b

found a sort of annoying bug with picture mail.. it doesnt seem to be handled like it used to in the stock rom where it would auto download and disconnect your data line.. now you get a text from the person with a link to the pic mail through the sprint site and about 30 mins later the actual pic mail comes through... just thought i would put this out there
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro > CDMA Treo Pro Development