PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2009, 09:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Comstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ 11-10 ][ v1 ][ 6.5.x / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitchen & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by delfin2003 View Post
OK, GPS in GMaps can't seem to obtain a lock on satellites. I think it's already been reported
I was having the same problem. I did some digging and found this cab . It fixed my lock problem. Make sure gmaps is not running. Run the cab and reset. Mine locked right away after that. I also ran the quickgps program. See if it works for you.
Attached Files
File Type: cab GPS Registry - Sprint.cab (1.8 KB, 23 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-30-2009, 11:26 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

DomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on rep

see if anyone else has noticed this issue and knows the cause, i have been using ervius visual kitchen for a long time now and never seen this, some registry settings set by a package of mine is getting overwritten after first boot. These settings, for instance,
Code:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences]
"Shuffle"=dword:00000000
this registry setting is set with the very last package in my kitchen so no later packages could be changing it. is there something that is processed after user packages that could be changing this? say maybe the mxip provisional xmls? i am thinking it may be something to do with manila as until i got the touch pro2 i did not include it in my builds. i am currently building a rom without manila and seeing if the values still get overwritten to confirm.

just for a bit more info, most of the settings seem to be something that manila is using or reading such as the backlight settings or say the ring type being set to "ring" instead of "ring and vibrate" i know my reg entries are fine as i can take the app.reg from my package and import it using a reg editor and the options are then set correctly. a work around that i have been using is to place a mortscript into startup that imports the settings after first boot which works, but i am finding more and more things that this issue effects and would rather not have to use this workaround. any thoughts? anyone?

EDIT: found the cause. "mxipupdate_zRegistry_Tweaks_1.provxml" at "OEM\Touch_Pro2\Common\OEMMISC

Last edited by DomSim; 11-30-2009 at 12:02 PM.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:07 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomSim View Post
see if anyone else has noticed this issue and knows the cause, i have been using ervius visual kitchen for a long time now and never seen this, some registry settings set by a package of mine is getting overwritten after first boot. These settings, for instance,
Code:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences]
"Shuffle"=dword:00000000
this registry setting is set with the very last package in my kitchen so no later packages could be changing it. is there something that is processed after user packages that could be changing this? say maybe the mxip provisional xmls? i am thinking it may be something to do with manila as until i got the touch pro2 i did not include it in my builds. i am currently building a rom without manila and seeing if the values still get overwritten to confirm.

just for a bit more info, most of the settings seem to be something that manila is using or reading such as the backlight settings or say the ring type being set to "ring" instead of "ring and vibrate" i know my reg entries are fine as i can take the app.reg from my package and import it using a reg editor and the options are then set correctly. a work around that i have been using is to place a mortscript into startup that imports the settings after first boot which works, but i am finding more and more things that this issue effects and would rather not have to use this workaround. any thoughts? anyone?

EDIT: found the cause. "mxipupdate_zRegistry_Tweaks_1.provxml" at "OEM\Touch_Pro2\Common\OEMMISC
glad you found the answer, I don't think anyone else wouldve known.
Google is the next skynet
Old 11-30-2009, 02:58 PM
pro_b

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

OK. I seem to have found a small bug and it could be my fault. Any rom I build for 28005 has a problem with freezing when going into the messaging options menu then trying to exit. The x button will remain highlighted and will not close and only a soft reset will work. I CAN send sms messages with no problem so that is not the issue. The issue is the random freezing when going into the default windows messaging app, going into a menu, then trying to close the messaging app. Anybody got any answers?

Thanks All.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:07 PM
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro_b View Post
OK. I seem to have found a small bug and it could be my fault. Any rom I build for 28005 has a problem with freezing when going into the messaging options menu then trying to exit. The x button will remain highlighted and will not close and only a soft reset will work. I CAN send sms messages with no problem so that is not the issue. The issue is the random freezing when going into the default windows messaging app, going into a menu, then trying to close the messaging app. Anybody got any answers?

Thanks All.
in default messaging app there is no exit button in the menu.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:15 PM
pro_b

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
in default messaging app there is no exit button in the menu.
Correct. However there is the X button in the bottom right corner that should close out of the window (or minimize). Once I go into the menu, I'm stuck in the messaging app and cannot bring up anything else until I do a soft reset.

This has specifically happened when viewing a text in the default messaging app. If I click to view the message it will open up. As soon as I go to close out, the lockup occur. I can view the message with no problem. The window will only close after a reset.

Last edited by pro_b; 11-30-2009 at 05:22 PM.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

DomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on rep

are you using the showcase task manager? that is know to cause freezing with texts/emails
Old 11-30-2009, 06:23 PM
What did you say?
Pocket PC: Rhodium

Mayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i dont get any lock ups with showcase

Old 11-30-2009, 06:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

your either lucky, or not using windows 6.5.x
Old 11-30-2009, 06:25 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayonesa View Post
i dont get any lock ups with showcase
i definitely get lockups with showcase, its a known issue.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development