View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 11:26 AM
DomSim
Halfway to VIP Status

DomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ 11-10 ][ v1 ][ 6.5.x / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitchen & ROMs

see if anyone else has noticed this issue and knows the cause, i have been using ervius visual kitchen for a long time now and never seen this, some registry settings set by a package of mine is getting overwritten after first boot. These settings, for instance,
Code:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences]
"Shuffle"=dword:00000000
this registry setting is set with the very last package in my kitchen so no later packages could be changing it. is there something that is processed after user packages that could be changing this? say maybe the mxip provisional xmls? i am thinking it may be something to do with manila as until i got the touch pro2 i did not include it in my builds. i am currently building a rom without manila and seeing if the values still get overwritten to confirm.

just for a bit more info, most of the settings seem to be something that manila is using or reading such as the backlight settings or say the ring type being set to "ring" instead of "ring and vibrate" i know my reg entries are fine as i can take the app.reg from my package and import it using a reg editor and the options are then set correctly. a work around that i have been using is to place a mortscript into startup that imports the settings after first boot which works, but i am finding more and more things that this issue effects and would rather not have to use this workaround. any thoughts? anyone?

EDIT: found the cause. "mxipupdate_zRegistry_Tweaks_1.provxml" at "OEM\Touch_Pro2\Common\OEMMISC

Last edited by DomSim; 11-30-2009 at 12:02 PM.