PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2010, 01:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

icon123 is keeping up the good workicon123 is keeping up the good workicon123 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 2-24 ][ v1.6 RC ][28232 / 23540 / 21892 / 21056] Calkulin's WVGA Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calkulin View Post
Can you try this Verizon carrier folder and see if the issue is still there
Sure, cooking now. Give me a few and I will report back.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro2,mogul 6800 and Moto Q9's
Carrier: cricket

hthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 2-24 ][ v1.6 RC ][28232 / 23540 / 21892 / 21056] Calkulin's WVGA Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashiot View Post
Ok, since Caulk stop making roms(some crap about workload and personal life, yeah whateva, LOL), i'm gonna have to learn the kitchen but heres my first issue. Before creating a rom i'm asked for the Device ID, but i'm unable to input anything in the box. Is there a "How to" for the kitchen or can someone point me in the direction to get started in long nights of cooking and tweaking? Thanks all
-- Where it says Device: "Touch Pro 2" just click dropdown and select it again, it will fill in a bunch of boxes for you.

I'm sure there are other tutorials out there but this i what i got...
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=104496
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT PAYS ME

dashiot is keeping up the good workdashiot is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by hthomas View Post
-- Where it says Device: "Touch Pro 2" just click dropdown and select it again, it will fill in a bunch of boxes for you.

I'm sure there are other tutorials out there but this i what i got...
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=104496
Thanks!!
Old 02-25-2010, 01:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

icon123 is keeping up the good workicon123 is keeping up the good workicon123 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Can you try this Verizon carrier folder and see if the issue is still there
Worked good. No problems. Tried it with your defaults, new vzw carrier and 23540.

Can I ask what you did or why it seem to work when we shifted the phone exts around?

Thanks.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashiot View Post
Thanks!!

One thing I would recommend is that once you get a ROM to work you will want to start playing around with the kitchen. Be sure to save with different file names so you can always go back to the save that worked.

I usually go something like:

beta1.erv
beta2.erv
release.erv

Everyone has their own way so good luck.

Also if I get a ROM that "works" I just send the "released_touch_pro2" folder to a .zip file and save it.

Just some friendly advise.

Droidrox39
Old 02-25-2010, 01:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by icon123 View Post
Worked good. No problems. Tried it with your defaults, new vzw carrier and 23540.

Can I ask what you did or why it seem to work when we shifted the phone exts around?

Thanks.

There was 2 reg keys that were overwriting causing the problem. By moving the packages, you changed the order it was writing the registry

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:24 PM
PPCGeeks VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Formula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjs85 View Post
OK so heres the deal. If you do not run JMZ carrier selection, the only thing I found wrong was that MMS did not work. Am I missing anything else???

The next thing i did was install a MMS fix from NRGZ28 energy leo http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=86489

That fixed the MMS....BUT when i tried the keyboard, the layout was off and certain button performed other functions (the shift and function keys worked).

So i took advice from deck's SSS rom and did a reg edit to fix the keyboard layout. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=102660

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Tegic\eT9\IME\Keyboard LayouFiles]
"07FF"="eT9.Rhodium.Sprint_WWE.kmap.txt"
change to
"07FF"="eT9.Rhodium.VERIZON_WWE.kmap.txt"

UNFORTUNATELY, when i did that the keyboard was fixed but the shift and function keys no longer worked. Back to square 1...darn

ANY IDEAS??? please help, i love this rom but i need the keyboard to work and mms

thanks!
This was posted by a Verizon user using my rom that was built using Kicthen v1.6 RC2... I am on Sprint so I have no idea, I have cooked using Carrier Select...

Also I noticed with My Generic builds and choosing Sprint my keyboard mapping get jacked like my Fn + : yields = / and others were messed up too. Anyone have any suggestions for building Generic Roms without causing these problems with Verizon Users is it the carrier cab itself thats messing this up?
Old 02-25-2010, 02:27 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
"07FF"="eT9.Rhodium.Sprint_WWE.kmap.txt"
change to
"07FF"="eT9.Rhodium.VERIZON_WWE.kmap.txt"
Of course, you need to make sure that you actually have those files in your rom or on your device which the reg points to:

eT9.Rhodium.Sprint_WWE.kmap.txt
eT9.Rhodium.VERIZON_WWE.kmap.txt

If you do have the file which the reg points to, and hardware KB still isn't working right, then they may be bad kmap files which someone created (not the carrier). Dump from the stock rom for your device to get the kmap as the carrier intended.

Last edited by indagroove; 02-25-2010 at 02:29 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula84 View Post
This was posted by a Verizon user using my rom that was built using Kicthen v1.6 RC2... I am on Sprint so I have no idea, I have cooked using Carrier Select...

Also I noticed with My Generic builds and choosing Sprint my keyboard mapping get jacked like my Fn + : yields = / and others were messed up too. Anyone have any suggestions for building Generic Roms without causing these problems with Verizon Users is it the carrier cab itself thats messing this up?

Sprint, Verizon & Telus keyboards are different and require different mappings, so that's why I made the Carrier - All folder that sets the proper keyboard mapping for each. If you made your own Generic carrier folder then you probably have to create cabs to set the mappings, like I did when I first released the TP2 kitchen
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:54 PM
PPCGeeks VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Formula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIP

Quote:
Sprint, Verizon & Telus keyboards are different and require different mappings, so that's why I made the Carrier - All folder that sets the proper keyboard mapping for each. If you made your own Generic carrier folder then you probably have to create cabs to set the mappings, like I did when I first released the TP2 kitchen
Sorry should have been more clear i am using you carrier-all folder, any other ideas
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development