PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2010, 06:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 2-16 ][ v1.6 B2 ][28230 / 23534 / 21892 / 21056] Calkulin's WVGA Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
I just thought I'd throw this out there for all of you to ponder.

I have found that turning off rapid charge will increase your battery life. My theory is that with a rapid charge your not getting a good charge. It makes sense if you think about it in the terms of a car battery. I deep cycled charge is always better than a rapid charge. I believe my battery life has doubled. Try it.
I have found that too and posted about it a coupel days ago. I'm still at 90% battery after 9 hr's and that's with almost an 1hr of surfing.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:45 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 2-16 ][ v1.6 B2 ][28230 / 23534 / 21892 / 21056] Calkulin's WVGA Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k4mach View Post

but the rapid charge is mainly for when charging via USB on the puter.

when you charge with the a/c adapter its gonna charge at the same rate with or without the rapid charge. 900ish mah
Um, that's incorrect.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:57 PM
PPCGeeks VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Formula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
Quote:

when you charge with the a/c adapter its gonna charge at the same rate with or without the rapid charge. 900ish mah
Um, that's incorrect.
Care to elaborate a little for us?

Here is what I thought and maybe this is what you mean. I was under the impression that the rapid charge basically forced to use the higher MAH even if not using the official HTC Charger with the proper cable.

Cause without rapid charge I believe a MiniUSB charger, regardles of it output, would drop to the lower rate because it is not the HTC connector on the end just MiniUSB, and Rapid Charge forces this regardless of adapter used.

Also with regards to better battery without it. Are you guys just saying by unchecking the option or cooking without No2Chem's driver all together, is there any difference between the two?

Last edited by Formula84; 02-19-2010 at 06:59 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Quote:

I have found that turning off rapid charge will increase your battery life. My theory is that with a rapid charge your not getting a good charge. It makes sense if you think about it in the terms of a car battery. I deep cycled charge is always better than a rapid charge. I believe my battery life has doubled. Try it.

Rapid Charge
PC 436mA
Wall 879mA

No Rapid Charge
PC 928mA
Wall 872mA

If you just looked at these numbers you would say well look with rapid charge on the PC charged with less mA so it should charge slower. This is true unless you increase the voltage. So what may happen is plugged in to an outlet with rapid charge on you actually may still be over volted, not mA but volts. I can't actually draw a conclusion tho cause the program I have only shows mA not volts. Hopefully when plug in it would drop the charge voltages and amps back to spec.

Droidrox39

Last edited by zone23; 02-19-2010 at 06:59 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:46 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Rapid Charge
PC 436mA
Wall 879mA

No Rapid Charge
PC 928mA
Wall 872mA

If you just looked at these numbers you would say well look with rapid charge on the PC charged with less mA so it should charge slower. This is true unless you increase the voltage. So what may happen is plugged in to an outlet with rapid charge on you actually may still be over volted, not mA but volts. I can't actually draw a conclusion tho cause the program I have only shows mA not volts. Hopefully when plug in it would drop the charge voltages and amps back to spec.
So you're saying that with "No Rapid Charge" that a PC USB port will provide 1 amp of current, which is double the spec? (many PCs struggle to even meet the spec). I don't believe that.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

icon123 is keeping up the good workicon123 is keeping up the good workicon123 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Rapid Charge
PC 436mA
Wall 879mA

No Rapid Charge
PC 928mA
Wall 872mA

Unfortuantely, I don't think those numbers or theories are correct. I believe a usb port can only put out either 250 or 500ma. The power supply and device both have voltage regualtors to keep the voltage within spec. However, I don't know what rapid charge does either. I know I always use it and it seems to charge my phone extremely quick when it it pluged into the wall. Therefore, it probably uses more mA to charge, which essentially is not as good for the battery and might make it discharge faster.

Last edited by icon123; 02-19-2010 at 08:22 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

siptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by siptang1227 View Post
I'm using 28230 build and for some reason, Im getting all white background and none of the fonts are visible as well as the animating background... any ideas what is causing this madness?

I have been trying to figure it out for last hour but no success...
did u use the 20 quicklinks? if so just change the background to whatever you want and it should be good to go
Thanks buddy. I didn't know what the hell was going on there for a while haha.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:47 PM
iPhone Killer
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Look here:
http://www.nuerom.com/BlogEngine/pos...Questions.aspx

Quote:
Will FastCharge damage or reduce my battery life?
No, not more than if you plugged your phone into the charger it came with. The stock battery driver will try to determine if the phone is plugged into USB or a real charger, if it is plugged into USB it limits the charge draw to 500mA in order to adhere to USB standards. If it is plugged into the stock charger, it will draw the full 900mA. FastCharge (when enabled) forces the battery to charge at 900mA no matter what its plugged into.

I have FastCharge enabled, but nuePowerCPL is only showing ~500mA charge rate!
This is because you are approaching 80%-100% charge. In order to safely charge a Lithium Ion battery, the rate of charge has to be regulated carefully based on several parameters, including temperature and current level. FastCharge increases the MAXIMUM charge rate only. Between 0-80% though, you are likely to notice a difference.

No matter what I do, I can only get a 500mA charge rate
As shaggylive noted, some USB hubs and hosts regulate the maximum current, so you might just try using another USB hub / host.
Rapidcharge (called fastcharge back in the day) only takes effect when you plug in your phone to the computer. It doesn't speed up charging on your phone plugged into the wall so whatever you guys are seeing is pure placebo effect.

dwizzy130

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Blitzed26 is keeping up the good workBlitzed26 is keeping up the good work

So stupid questions... How do you disable rapid charge? Do I have to cook w/o it or is there a setting somewhere that I can shut it off?
Old 02-19-2010, 09:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: THE BIG RED

skruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

is there a system build list that tell you what build does what????

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development