View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 08:47 PM
dwizzy130
iPhone Killer

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 2-16 ][ v1.6 B2 ][28230 / 23534 / 21892 / 21056] Calkulin's WVGA Kit

Look here:
http://www.nuerom.com/BlogEngine/pos...Questions.aspx

Quote:
Will FastCharge damage or reduce my battery life?
No, not more than if you plugged your phone into the charger it came with. The stock battery driver will try to determine if the phone is plugged into USB or a real charger, if it is plugged into USB it limits the charge draw to 500mA in order to adhere to USB standards. If it is plugged into the stock charger, it will draw the full 900mA. FastCharge (when enabled) forces the battery to charge at 900mA no matter what its plugged into.

I have FastCharge enabled, but nuePowerCPL is only showing ~500mA charge rate!
This is because you are approaching 80%-100% charge. In order to safely charge a Lithium Ion battery, the rate of charge has to be regulated carefully based on several parameters, including temperature and current level. FastCharge increases the MAXIMUM charge rate only. Between 0-80% though, you are likely to notice a difference.

No matter what I do, I can only get a 500mA charge rate
As shaggylive noted, some USB hubs and hosts regulate the maximum current, so you might just try using another USB hub / host.
Rapidcharge (called fastcharge back in the day) only takes effect when you plug in your phone to the computer. It doesn't speed up charging on your phone plugged into the wall so whatever you guys are seeing is pure placebo effect.

dwizzy130

This post has been thanked 1 times.