View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 07:46 PM
willysp
A Geek For Eons

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 2-16 ][ v1.6 B2 ][28230 / 23534 / 21892 / 21056] Calkulin's WVGA Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k4mach View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
I just thought I'd throw this out there for all of you to ponder.

I have found that turning off rapid charge will increase your battery life. My theory is that with a rapid charge your not getting a good charge. It makes sense if you think about it in the terms of a car battery. I deep cycled charge is always better than a rapid charge. I believe my battery life has doubled. Try it.
but the rapid charge is mainly for when charging via USB on the puter.

when you charge with the a/c adapter its gonna charge at the same rate with or without the rapid charge. 900ish mah

Rapid Charge
PC 436mA
Wall 879mA

No Rapid Charge
PC 928mA
Wall 872mA

If you just looked at these numbers you would say well look with rapid charge on the PC charged with less mA so it should charge slower. This is true unless you increase the voltage. So what may happen is plugged in to an outlet with rapid charge on you actually may still be over volted, not mA but volts. I can't actually draw a conclusion tho cause the program I have only shows mA not volts. Hopefully when plug in it would drop the charge voltages and amps back to spec.
So you're saying that with "No Rapid Charge" that a PC USB port will provide 1 amp of current, which is double the spec? (many PCs struggle to even meet the spec). I don't believe that.