PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2009, 09:39 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now
Threadstarter

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HOW TO: flash a Rom or Radio on your TP2 from the SD card

Quote:
Originally Posted by bteljuice View Post
What is the difference between flashing by SD or the usual .exe?
I always flashed the .exe
this method doesn't need a pc. you can dowload them on the go and flash werever
Old 11-14-2009, 11:53 PM
Elite PPCGeeks Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Fido(Can), Alfa(Leb), Jawal(Ksa)

bteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
this method doesn't need a pc. you can dowload them on the go and flash werever
Oh ok. You mean using WIFI and Data plans just flash if your not near you PC.

Thanks
Old 11-15-2009, 01:03 AM
Blabber mouth
Threadstarter

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by bteljuice View Post
Oh ok. You mean using WIFI and Data plans just flash if your not near you PC.

Thanks
yes, even more, you can store different roms and flash between them at will and they flash faster via the sd card so you can test a rom and flash back to your favorite one back and forth.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:25 AM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400
Carrier: Sprint

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr

ive formatted my 8gb microsd card 3 times different ways in fat32 and i still cant get my bootloader to see the nbh on my sd card. what allocation size am i supposed to use? is there anything else i need to do to make it flashable from my microsd?

Old 11-19-2009, 03:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

zaurus6k is a n00b

Anybody flash a MightyRom from SD card. The Mightyrom comes with an .exe file. How to extract from this .exe file?

Thanks
Old 11-19-2009, 07:21 PM
Blabber mouth
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaurus6k View Post
Anybody flash a MightyRom from SD card. The Mightyrom comes with an .exe file. How to extract from this .exe file?

Thanks
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...8&postcount=15
Old 11-19-2009, 10:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker

ivwonka is keeping up the good workivwonka is keeping up the good workivwonka is keeping up the good work

ok. just tried this with new energy rom. extracted to root level of sd card. the .nbh file was already named appropriately so I just followed the steps. it went into bootloader like it was suppose to, but now it is just stuck in bootloader... What should I do now?

i suppose it would be nice if somebody responded soon before i pull the battery or something. a quick search about "stuck in bootloader" gave some steps but that sounded like i would re-lock the phone. thanks
Old 11-19-2009, 11:13 PM
Blabber mouth
Threadstarter

honestly Ive never had it get stuck in bootloader. id try pulling the battery, or flashing again. is there an error code when you see the tricolor screen?
Old 11-19-2009, 11:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker

ivwonka is keeping up the good workivwonka is keeping up the good workivwonka is keeping up the good work

no error. it said "serial" in the white color band ("usb" when i plugged it in). was stuck there for about 30 min before i fixed it. i plugged it in to pc and ran another rom. it flashed perfect. i will try to figure out what i did and get back
Old 11-23-2009, 06:11 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivwonka View Post
no error. it said "serial" in the white color band ("usb" when i plugged it in). was stuck there for about 30 min before i fixed it. i plugged it in to pc and ran another rom. it flashed perfect. i will try to figure out what i did and get back

I'm having the same problem. Does anyone have a solution?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
flash, radio, rom, sd