PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2009, 03:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: AT&T

krohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Unlocker - RhodiumW WU Radio Unlocked for US Networks

Quote:
Originally Posted by malibu_23 View Post
Now, i aware that were forced to donate for the Sim-Security Unlock, in order to patch the radio. HOWEVER, you can run Customs ROMs after you HARD SPL.
I spent all my money on the phone, so i dont have enough to donate the 20 some-odd dollars to go Sim-Security unlock right now, but what am i not able do do w/o a security unlock.My phone seems fine running eh stock radio. I'm running a juicy rom now on my 1.96.00WF radio, what am i unable to do? What am i paying for? Not that I dont intend on donating, just a lil unclear.
The unlocked radio will allow you to use US GSM carriers if you so choose. The stock radio is already unlocked for world GSM - just locked in the radio from the US GSM carriers. If your stock radio works fine and you have no intention or using AT&T or T-Mobile then you likely have little reason to unlock it or at least no rush to do so.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

tprime76 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to tprime76

I was a person who donated a while back to Team Elite and then emailed them about unlocking my SIM (I sent the required information in the email) but never heard back. How do I know whether or not the radio ROM will work for me?
Old 12-11-2009, 05:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

Seeing as though my Nokia N96 is pretty much dead(yay $800 phone dead in a year!) as guess it would be cool to have the ability to use my T-mo SIM as well. I haven't followed the SIM unlocker at all. What exactly would I need to do to be able to use my Tmo SIM? Whats the cost of the unlocker? etc. TIA
Old 12-12-2009, 05:25 PM
N00b

GalDemSuga is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to GalDemSuga
Question Re: Sprint Unlocker - RhodiumW WU Radio Unlocked for US Networks

Question:
Do I need to flash the patched radio "once" I've obtained a GSM Card from a domestic carrier (AT&T etc) and placed it the phone, or can I flash the patched radio with the GSM Card Sprint shipped the phone with?

Update: I just flashed the latest EneryROM and noticed that my phone's radio is 2.05 WV. Can the someone tell why that is? I purchased and went through the unlocker process.

Last edited by GalDemSuga; 12-12-2009 at 06:23 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:16 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

s10sdeville is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalDemSuga View Post
Question:
Do I need to flash the patched radio "once" I've obtained a GSM Card from a domestic carrier (AT&T etc) and placed it the phone, or can I flash the patched radio with the GSM Card Sprint shipped the phone with?

Update: I just flashed the latest EneryROM and noticed that my phone's radio is 2.05 WV. Can the someone tell why that is? I purchased and went through the unlocker process.
when u unlock the radio it flashes 2.05 just flash the 1.96 and ull b set i just did it... and about the cost, its like 23 bux not much compared to $600 phone
Old 12-13-2009, 01:05 PM
N00b

GalDemSuga is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to GalDemSuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by s10sdeville View Post
when u unlock the radio it flashes 2.05 just flash the 1.96 and ull b set i just did it... and about the cost, its like 23 bux not much compared to $600 phone
did as you suggested and now it reflects the correct radio. Now I just need to find a good GSM plan
Old 12-14-2009, 02:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: att

tinynena is a n00b

I ran the program and it went well. When i insert my att sim and try to dial out it says thst my account could not be validated. is there something else that i need to do?
Old 12-14-2009, 09:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

abednego is keeping up the good workabednego is keeping up the good work

1) HEAT

Has anyone noticed their phone running much warmer than usual with the new radio after unlocking?

2) SMS

My settings never restore correctly when I switch back to CDMA (from GSM). Anyone else "locked out" of the Arcsoft configuration for SMS?
Old 12-16-2009, 07:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro & Mogul

thewayofwright is a n00b

I understand that an ATT or Tmob SIM is needed, but why is there even a sprint card? Its not like I can just call up ATT and read them my Sprint Cards address and expect them to register it. Is Sprint setting up GSM towers over the US at some point? If I were to call in and request international services with Sprint to activate the Sprint SIM card, will I then be able to create a manual connection here in the US to use it? Lastly, this $21/14EU cost seems to have been a waste in the sense that unless I am paying a whole new subscription with Tmob or ATT, this really hasnt enhanced my signal/coverage area?

With morons such as myself, could you post a warrning to those who only have a sprint account and not att or tmob, that this is a waste of time????

err....
Old 12-16-2009, 10:06 PM
Android Groupie
Pocket PC: Nexus One & EVO
Carrier: T-Mobile & Sprint

electronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to electronicrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewayofwright View Post
I understand that an ATT or Tmob SIM is needed, but why is there even a sprint card? Its not like I can just call up ATT and read them my Sprint Cards address and expect them to register it. Is Sprint setting up GSM towers over the US at some point? If I were to call in and request international services with Sprint to activate the Sprint SIM card, will I then be able to create a manual connection here in the US to use it? Lastly, this $21/14EU cost seems to have been a waste in the sense that unless I am paying a whole new subscription with Tmob or ATT, this really hasnt enhanced my signal/coverage area?

With morons such as myself, could you post a warrning to those who only have a sprint account and not att or tmob, that this is a waste of time????

err....
Unless you plan to use US GSM carriers, this will be a waste of time. Also, the documentation that came with your phone states that the SIM card shipped with the phone from Sprint is for use outside of the US. Sprint still has to activate I believe, but that particular SIM cannot be used in the US.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development