View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 10:06 PM
electronicrice
Android Groupie

electronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to electronicrice
Re: Sprint Unlocker - RhodiumW WU Radio Unlocked for US Networks

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewayofwright View Post
I understand that an ATT or Tmob SIM is needed, but why is there even a sprint card? Its not like I can just call up ATT and read them my Sprint Cards address and expect them to register it. Is Sprint setting up GSM towers over the US at some point? If I were to call in and request international services with Sprint to activate the Sprint SIM card, will I then be able to create a manual connection here in the US to use it? Lastly, this $21/14EU cost seems to have been a waste in the sense that unless I am paying a whole new subscription with Tmob or ATT, this really hasnt enhanced my signal/coverage area?

With morons such as myself, could you post a warrning to those who only have a sprint account and not att or tmob, that this is a waste of time????

err....
Unless you plan to use US GSM carriers, this will be a waste of time. Also, the documentation that came with your phone states that the SIM card shipped with the phone from Sprint is for use outside of the US. Sprint still has to activate I believe, but that particular SIM cannot be used in the US.
This post has been thanked 1 times.