PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2009, 07:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jordan1122 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: RhodiumW CDMA Worldphone HardSPL Unlocker Release

it keeps telling me the server is down and try again in 5 minutes, or turn off the firewall temporarily. my firewalls are off and it keeps saying this. any help?
Old 12-25-2009, 10:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

Telek is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan1122 View Post
it keeps telling me the server is down and try again in 5 minutes, or turn off the firewall temporarily. my firewalls are off and it keeps saying this. any help?
Sigh... just wait a day or two and see if it gets better.
Old 12-25-2009, 10:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2

jordan1122 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telek View Post
Sigh... just wait a day or two and see if it gets better.
what is the sigh for? anyway, i tried a different computer and got everything working.
Old 12-26-2009, 05:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: pro2
Carrier: sprint

birddseedd is just getting started

So what do you do if you have two phones? I and my wife both have a tp2
Old 12-26-2009, 10:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6850
Carrier: VZW

slyfox7 is a n00b

I sent a email on 12/21 for the ability to unlock a replacement device. I have yet to receive a reply. I have tried on at least 3 different computers that have not had a device unlocked and either get the already unlocked error or the server is down try back in 5 minutes.....This whole process is completely ridiculous!!!! One unlock per PC is crazy....did not anyone think about a normal phone replacement process....what is the chance that an individual would only need to unlock their original TP2....what about replacements...what about another family member having the same phone!!!!!!!
Old 12-27-2009, 06:39 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: ppc
Carrier: sprint

Jbroad572 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox7 View Post
I sent a email on 12/21 for the ability to unlock a replacement device. I have yet to receive a reply. I have tried on at least 3 different computers that have not had a device unlocked and either get the already unlocked error or the server is down try back in 5 minutes.....This whole process is completely ridiculous!!!! One unlock per PC is crazy....did not anyone think about a normal phone replacement process....what is the chance that an individual would only need to unlock their original TP2....what about replacements...what about another family member having the same phone!!!!!!!
5 Dollars buster!!!
Old 12-27-2009, 03:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: U.S. Cellular

laymanspc is keeping up the good worklaymanspc is keeping up the good work

They were mentioning eariler in this thread that they were considering raising the limit to two per user to rid themselves of some of the issues some users are having. I personally would love to see that happen in the next couple days, as I am about to trade my TP2 off to the cell store for a new one due to a gimpy C key. I've never had a smartphone, have worked with many for clients, but never any sort of customizations.

I got my TP2 after allot of research into what my carrier had, and then even waiting several months for it's arrival. I love how configurable it is right out of the box as compared to the competing products I've seen, but would like to see what the big deal with the custom ROMs is and if I am to do so, would rather do so before returning this phone that is already setup for replacement once they have replacements arrive.

Only reason I cannot do a test for PERSONAL USE is cause of the greed of a one phone per person rule. Defend it all you like, it is what it is. Granted there are many bad folk in the world that do not believe good work and effort should be rewarded and won't donate, but two wrongs don't make a right. Putting your effort and time into altering another company's product to make it better is a nobel cause, but only because it is mostly thankless and profitless. When trying to change such a scenario (to turn a profit) by methods including ridiculous one phone per person rules, collecting user info you honestly have no business knowing, and even twarting the efforts of others (this thread even mentions deleted posts of alternative workarounds and whether they are working workarounds or not, deleting them stinks of something; just state that they didn't work and move on), the white hat of such "community helpers" quickly turns a shade of grey.

On second thought, I'm not so sure I want this code anywhere near my hardware... This post going to end up gone too?

Last edited by laymanspc; 12-27-2009 at 03:51 PM.
Old 12-27-2009, 03:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

dave01978 is keeping up the good workdave01978 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox7 View Post

Umm i think its funny you spend at least $400 from verizon for 2 phones, and dont want to spend 6 bucks or so to unlock it? Why should they do all this work and, I guess we all should be glad they are letting the community get 1 for free.

Old 12-27-2009, 04:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: U.S. Cellular

laymanspc is keeping up the good worklaymanspc is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave01978 View Post
Umm i think its funny you spend at least $400 from verizon for 2 phones, and dont want to spend 6 bucks or so to unlock it? Why should they do all this work and, I guess we all should be glad they are letting the community get 1 for free.
Read through this thread, many are not getting their "1 for free"... This is a big FAIL for these guys from beginning to end.

I myself got my TP2 with 6.5 already on it direct from US Cellular for $0. So honestly NO, it's not worth it to me to use up one freebie as a test on a phone I'll likely have no more than a week, then if I like the results, pay $6 to use it once on a phone I hope to have till something that suits my needs better arrives to market (which could be a couple years since the TP2 fits my needs perfectly out of the box).

On top of that, when you consider their methods of preventing second usage collects data they have no business collecting and storing for ANY reason, it just seems like an overall bad idea to take a great phone and do something that will only make it marginally better than what can be done with basic cab installs and regedits.

I would think they did it for their own personal use and then decided to be part of a community and share it. Just like all the other contributors do. Donations are nice, but these guys set out from day one to turn a profit with their one phone per person\control freak rule, coupled with the deletion of possible workarounds; that's a bit more than a donation request... As the GodFather would say "it's an offer ya can't refuse".

It's funny they wanna put rules on something that is technically breaking the rules anyway.

Last edited by laymanspc; 12-27-2009 at 04:49 PM.
Old 12-27-2009, 06:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

dave01978 is keeping up the good workdave01978 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by laymanspc View Post
Read through this thread, many are not getting their "1 for free"... This is a big FAIL for these guys from beginning to end.

I myself got my TP2 with 6.5 already on it direct from US Cellular for $0. So honestly NO, it's not worth it to me to use up one freebie as a test on a phone I'll likely have no more than a week, then if I like the results, pay $6 to use it once on a phone I hope to have till something that suits my needs better arrives to market (which could be a couple years since the TP2 fits my needs perfectly out of the box).

On top of that, when you consider their methods of preventing second usage collects data they have no business collecting and storing for ANY reason, it just seems like an overall bad idea to take a great phone and do something that will only make it marginally better than what can be done with basic cab installs and regedits.

I would think they did it for their own personal use and then decided to be part of a community and share it. Just like all the other contributors do. Donations are nice, but these guys set out from day one to turn a profit with their one phone per person\control freak rule, coupled with the deletion of possible workarounds; that's a bit more than a donation request... As the GodFather would say "it's an offer ya can't refuse".

It's funny they wanna put rules on something that is technically breaking the rules anyway.
Im not sure why you dont plan on having it more then a week, but then why modify it?
Ok well then i guess you are just cheap, and cant be thankful. Maybee you should right your own code then.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development