PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2009, 09:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

mike760534211 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: RhodiumW CDMA Worldphone HardSPL Unlocker Release

thinking of unlocking my TP2. The device already says my SIM is unlocked. Would i still need to unlock my SIM if I unlock the device and still want to use the SIM for international uses?

Cooking isn't an obsession. It's a religion.
Old 12-05-2009, 03:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

tek818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartek818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartek818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuprotocol View Post
Its crazy.. Im not sure how it works but you dont put in your IMEI or anything. Just make sure your phone is plugged up. try to run the unlocker, go through the prompts till it gives you the option to donate. send your payment, and when your at the thankyou screen, run the unlocker again. itll go through. Im not sure how but it works. Thats exactly what I did and it unlocked my replacement phone.
It's simple... they are collecting a ton of information about us without consent.
Old 12-05-2009, 03:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike760534211 View Post
thinking of unlocking my TP2. The device already says my SIM is unlocked. Would i still need to unlock my SIM if I unlock the device and still want to use the SIM for international uses?
this unlocker has no affect on the sim. this unlocker is just so that you can flash custom roms.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

xxxjdoggxxx is a n00b
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Well this is strange, I downloaded the file for the millionth time and now the exe actually extracts and does not disappear. Guess I will try unlocking now as soon as my phone is charged. I need a computer that doesn't have vista.
Old 12-05-2009, 06:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

kmaloof is a n00b

I just downloaded this for the first time, but when i tried to run it, it says i already have, and i need to buy a license for commercial use. Any advice on how i can get it to work?
Old 12-05-2009, 07:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

mrrogers1 is keeping up the good workmrrogers1 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmaloof View Post
I just downloaded this for the first time, but when i tried to run it, it says i already have, and i need to buy a license for commercial use. Any advice on how i can get it to work?
You should start by reading the first post, of this thread,LINE BY LINE, and if you have issues, you'll find the answer.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:22 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by tek818 View Post
It's simple... they are collecting a ton of information about us without consent.

Old 12-06-2009, 12:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

tek818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartek818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartek818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post

you can put as many dumb smileys as you'd like... fact is that my findings are correct and people are replicating them all over. IMEI's and IPs are being logged and blacklisted
Old 12-06-2009, 01:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: DroidX...TouchPro2
Carrier: verizon

tillithz is keeping up the good worktillithz is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxjdoggxxx View Post
I did some searching on google about vista automatically removing exe files and it looks like a lot of people are having similar problems but I could not find a solution. Some people suggested disabling UAC which I tried and it didn't work.

The extraction did work when I extracted it to my sd card using my phone but as soon as I tried to transfer the exe to my computer it disappeared. Therefor I was not able to run the exe on my computer. It seems like this is one of the many issues with vista.
Actually I have vista 32bit, 64 bit, win7 32 and 64 bits also.. not one problem with it deleting files like that. No one I know has had that problem. You sure you dont have another av running? maybe something prebundled with your system? Surely a notification of some sort came up telling you where/what it did with it? was the file gone when you put the sd card back in phone? how about windows built in security stuff? like firewall?

Quote:
you can put as many dumb smileys as you'd like... fact is that my findings are correct and people are replicating them all over. IMEI's and IPs are being logged and blacklisted
Not sure about all that, but I unlocked 4 phones with no problems. (all replacements) The unlocker functions as easy if not easier then flashing a rom. Cant believe people are having so much trouble with it.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:15 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Most already knew about IMEI's and IPs....what other "ton" of inforrmation is being collected???? That is a very broad statement...
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development