PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2010, 01:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO2
Carrier: Sprint

tjmontan is keeping up the good worktjmontan is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [02-02-10] [ROM] MR.X WM6.5 [Build 21887.5.0.86] [Overhauled]

Quote:
Originally Posted by desairs View Post
Okay guys it has been asked 1000000 times but there is no definite answer. What do I need to do stop the phone from locking up when I try to answer? I have already updated my radio and I really don't know what else to do? I have heard about the dailer fix but there are so many dialers to choose from.
I loaded the CMLXGO dialer from post #1 on his thread..I think Maxx put a link to it a few pages back..I am using this with the Shaggy resume cab that Flyers and Darren use and that has helped me a ton..
Old 02-05-2010, 01:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Spint HTC TP 2

dawinkley is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardawinkley is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardawinkley is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardawinkley is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Okay guys it has been asked 1000000 times but there is no definite answer. What do I need to do stop the phone from locking up when I try to answer? I have already updated my radio and I really don't know what else to do? I have heard about the dailer fix but there are so many dialers to choose from.
have you done the 777 cab fix?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

DaddyLongLegs is becoming a great contributor

Ok, so after using the ROM for about 3 days, the only problem I have is the following:

the communications manager program acts really funky and messes up a lot (this is the thing that lets you choose phone on or off, airplane mode, wifi on or off, etc.). It very routinely goes almost completely white to the point where you can't see if something is turned on or off. Also, I get LOTS of "cannot dial #777" errors out of nowhere when using my data connection. I think this may be the phone just disabling the data connection on its own? If that's the case, is there any way to force it to stay on unless I tell it to turn off?
Old 02-05-2010, 03:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawinkley View Post
dont go to Mighty's- same issue. he thinks its an issue with the radios, and the only one's he's tested that don't have the problem are USCC's.. problem on sprint and verizon. now, does that mean sprint/verizon users can flash a USCC radio, sprint/verizon provision and it will work? That is the pending question... maybe Mr X the radio dude can add his opinion?

I also had success with the 777 cab in the paperclip, however, it happened again with that fix, just not all the time

edit again: maybe the answer? http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...ostcount=16897
he's apparently on sprint
Hey I thanked you I didn't know we have quite a few radios to choose from here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=90342
So I installed the best one tested , read end of thread or looky my sig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
btw, im using uscc radio on sprint, no issues.
Yes this is the one I just flashed (easy exe).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmjr69 View Post
.... Anyhow the 777 cab worked just fine for my phone call issues. I can answer INSTANTLY much much faster than I have with even stock rom weird IMO lol
I think some of the dialer skins have the reg edit included for CDMA would explain why some work some do not...
OK, I check the dialer cab and while it has no reg edits, (just the dialer files& dll) I dont know, it could still affect the reg.

I also checked my reg setting and had some WIERD data in a MULTI SZ, binary data with Asian symbols... LOOK:
"SuspendResume"=multi_sz:"㠵〠‰〰〠‰㌳〠‰㤹〠‰㠸〠‰㤳〠‰㠵〠‰㤳〠‰ 㤲",""
So I think this may be a cause, and the 777 cab overrides it.
I also made a cab to clear it, I will post.
EDIT: open a reg editor to see if you have this data & if you do, then you can use my cab for clearing it.

Quote:
For best results DO ALL, lol, I posted link to dailer which uses new dll, and the 777reg fix cab should be tried first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyLongLegs View Post
Ok, so after using the ROM for about 3 days, the only problem I have is the following:
the communications manager program acts really funky and messes up a lot ....
BACKUP-CLEAR STORAGE, then dont mod it soo much !

Edit: ya so it must be the 777cAb because upon uninstalling my dialer it still works, but also strange is I cannot install the 777cabs.
Oh well I dont hav the delay prob so Im ok.
Plus I have new radio installed workin good

Last edited by Maxx134; 02-05-2010 at 06:44 PM.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I did do a clear storage both before and after flashing the ROM so it's not that....

What is a better "radio"? If I have Verizon, I can install something to give me what, better reception or something?
Old 02-05-2010, 08:32 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
I did do a clear storage both before and after flashing the ROM so it's not that....

What is a better "radio"? If I have Verizon, I can install something to give me what, better reception or something?
i get better reception and batterylife.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

huntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuff

I am on Sprint in NYC and just wondering if I flash the USCC 2.18W radio and for some readon want to go back to stock Sprint radio - I just need to flash stock rom again to get it back? Thanks for your help as always.

Gary
Old 02-05-2010, 09:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
i get better reception and batterylife.
Thanks. I noticed poorer reception with this ROM. Could it be because it states Mr. X is using USC's radio instead of Verizon's?

Last edited by DaddyLongLegs; 02-05-2010 at 10:15 PM.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:27 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnyc View Post
I am on Sprint in NYC and just wondering if I flash the USCC 2.18W radio and for some readon want to go back to stock Sprint radio - I just need to flash stock rom again to get it back? Thanks for your help as always.

Gary
Quote:
Thanks. I noticed poorer reception with this ROM. Could it be because it states Mr. X is using USC's radio instead of Verizon's?
yes to first question i think, i did on my tp so not sure why not.

reception could be bad for lots of reasons but i dont think its a rom caused issue. juggs will have more on that im sure. i try lots of radios till i find one that works best, there so easy to flash plus i do all my flashing from sdcard.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:05 PM
Test one, test two.
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

proxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIP

Hello Mr. X,

First of all...Your rom is amazing, fast, great connectivity and stable.
I just wold like to ask if you can please add adobe reader to your next release.
The current version does not work.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development