PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2009, 10:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch, HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

dnalorx is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to dnalorx Send a message via MSN to dnalorx Send a message via Yahoo to dnalorx Send a message via Skype™ to dnalorx
Re: [Update 11-10-09] Rhodium_W Radio ROM Thread

don't mind my noobnes here but what is the advantage of changing my radio?
Old 11-11-2009, 03:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: vzw

jlbusch is just getting started

Well I have tried the VZ 1.88.07 and the USC 2.05 (which says it is VZ 1.88 in the RUU screen but actually loads 2.05)
Both work on my VZW TP2...unfortunately neither fixed my problem.
I am frequently getting stuck in 1x and can't get back into EV unless I soft reset the device. A handful of others are having this problem (see thread in main forum) and I was hoping a radio flash would help, but no such luck.
Any other thoughts?
Old 11-11-2009, 04:36 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbusch View Post
Well I have tried the VZ 1.88.07 and the USC 2.05 (which says it is VZ 1.88 in the RUU screen but actually loads 2.05)
Both work on my VZW TP2...unfortunately neither fixed my problem.
I am frequently getting stuck in 1x and can't get back into EV unless I soft reset the device. A handful of others are having this problem (see thread in main forum) and I was hoping a radio flash would help, but no such luck.
Any other thoughts?
the usc one saying 1.88, ignore that as i forgot to change the rom ver in NBH Util. thats all

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 11-11-2009, 05:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond, HTC TP, HTC TP2 & HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

soicy423 is keeping up the good worksoicy423 is keeping up the good work

i am currently using the 1.96WU sprint radio
what's the difference between it and the R1.96WF?
i know the 1.96WV is the u.s. carrier locked one.

Old 11-11-2009, 06:10 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by soicy423 View Post
i am currently using the 1.96WU sprint radio
what's the difference between it and the R1.96WF?
i know the 1.96WV is the u.s. carrier locked one.
you're mistaken, the stock sprint radio and the US GSM locked one is 1.96WF. Sprint does not use WV radios only Telus and VZW
Old 11-11-2009, 11:24 PM
N00b

jimmy2442 is a n00b
Question Re: [Update 11-10-09] Rhodium_W Radio ROM Thread

ok im confused a bit, ok i have a sprint phone, i would like to flash another radio but i got to be security unlocked in order to do this right or can i just flash a radio its just has to be a rhodium radio right? and not be security unlocked
Old 11-12-2009, 01:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G

lilflip21 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilflip21 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilflip21 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilflip21 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to lilflip21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy2442 View Post
ok im confused a bit, ok i have a sprint phone, i would like to flash another radio but i got to be security unlocked in order to do this right or can i just flash a radio its just has to be a rhodium radio right? and not be security unlocked
As long as you have the HSPL you can flash rhodium radios no prob.. just not other devices radios.. not that you would at this point unless you really knew what you were doing..

Ok I had sprint 1.96 as my default been on uscc 2.05 last 2 days and this is anticlimactic but I personally see zero difference. Same signal levels in same areas.. same general battery and heat performance.. so to me no major difference or opinion prob try the verizons then back to sprint for now...

Thanks juggs

Last edited by lilflip21; 11-12-2009 at 01:31 AM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: VZW

djsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to djsiva

Huge thanks on the radios Juggalo (and Metalmayhem since I"m using Jugg's repackaged radio from him)

Just thought I'd let those in Jacksonville, FL know that although USC radios have normally been great for me, I'm having much better luck with the VZW_1.88.07WV. Better battery life and reception by far.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch and TP2

sadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

for those who have great reception at their location, you wont notice much difference between radios.

i have sprint and hspl unlocked. i dont have the best signal at my locaiton, so i like to try different radios to get the best reception. first, i flashed to usc 2.05, voice signal (1x) was great according to the signal bar and Rx number in ##DEBUG# (##33284#) debug mode, but data often switch to 1x. so usc 2.05 radio is a no go for me. next, i tried vz 1.88.07. with the vz 1.88.07 radio, data has been great and voice seem to be good too. an improvement for me both with data and voice over the stock sprint radio. i'm staying with vz 1.88.07 radio for now.

Last edited by sadthai; 11-14-2009 at 07:36 AM. Reason: spelling and clarification
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:34 AM
N00b

jimmy2442 is a n00b
Smile Re: [Update 11-10-09] Rhodium_W Radio ROM Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilflip21 View Post
As long as you have the HSPL you can flash rhodium radios no prob.. just not other devices radios.. not that you would at this point unless you really knew what you were doing..

Ok I had sprint 1.96 as my default been on uscc 2.05 last 2 days and this is anticlimactic but I personally see zero difference. Same signal levels in same areas.. same general battery and heat performance.. so to me no major difference or opinion prob try the verizons then back to sprint for now...

Thanks juggs

ok thanks for clearing that up for me you have my thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development