PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2009, 11:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

citats is keeping up the good workcitats is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] Juicy Rhodium_W R2 [SENSE UI][XDA_UC]

Juicy,
I first discovered your roms when I left Rogers for a Telus Diamond. I was always amazed at your well tuned roms. At some point I started to cook my own, baking in the apps I prefere etc. Then I dropped my diamond, got myself an Omnia (missed baked roms) then I got the TP2 and like the silent majority waited patiently for hspl. Well I'm not up on the visual kitchen and such so I've been looking for a rom to use while I figure it all out. I like Mighty's it's decent but I really like the Manila 2.5 home screen... I tried NRGZ28's 6.5.1 and 6.5 rom's I like the visual's but I had various issues (broken notification of messages, and most recently txt's not showing up) I can't believe it took me half a week to get your rom on my TP2 but I have to tell you...
IT WAS A PLEASANT SURPRISE, IT WORKS GREAT!
The animated wallpapers even work.
You take more care when baking and somehow hit it out of the park.
Thank You Thank You! Keep up the terrific recipe!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:03 AM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scientific View Post
Thanks...but no bueno!
Sorry man. I had this back from my TP1 6.5 cooked ROM days, and I guess it doesn't work on this device and/or ROM. I've removed the cab from my original post. Apologies for wasting your time. I just installed it myself to verify, and as you noted, it does not work

Old 11-04-2009, 12:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

viper8u2 is keeping up the good workviper8u2 is keeping up the good workviper8u2 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas0nmack View Post
heck I can't even get data with Verizon. I did the install and chose Verizon on the startup for provisioning. Did *228, 1 and can make calls and stuff. Did a hard reset, battery pull and it just shows there is nothing set up for data. I also pulled the mighty rom vzw carrier cab and nothing.
This happened to me also

Goto your connection settings for verizon wireless you will see 3 options

autoselect
EVDA
CDMA1x

Switch it to autoselect and it should come back. I noticed this after it did the jmz provision after resetting again.

One issue I have is now when I reset it prompts me for my windows live password?
Old 11-04-2009, 12:04 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 / Blackberry 9700
Carrier: TELUS Mobility
Threadstarter

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by citats View Post
Juicy,
I first discovered your roms when I left Rogers for a Telus Diamond. I was always amazed at your well tuned roms. At some point I started to cook my own, baking in the apps I prefere etc. Then I dropped my diamond, got myself an Omnia (missed baked roms) then I got the TP2 and like the silent majority waited patiently for hspl. Well I'm not up on the visual kitchen and such so I've been looking for a rom to use while I figure it all out. I like Mighty's it's decent but I really like the Manila 2.5 home screen... I tried NRGZ28's 6.5.1 and 6.5 rom's I like the visual's but I had various issues (broken notification of messages, and most recently txt's not showing up) I can't believe it took me half a week to get your rom on my TP2 but I have to tell you...
IT WAS A PLEASANT SURPRISE, IT WORKS GREAT!
The animated wallpapers even work.
You take more care when baking and somehow hit it out of the park.
Thank You Thank You! Keep up the terrific recipe!
thanks man

glad to have you back!
Old 11-04-2009, 12:06 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 / Blackberry 9700
Carrier: TELUS Mobility
Threadstarter

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level

Looks like I have quite a bit of work to do to get carrier stuff working nicely... question: are the carrier cabs useful, or does it bring more bugs than features

Also some people mentioned 21874 and COM5 builds like 23502 and 23504... im aware of all of these and testing them out for R3... but I need some down time. Work is killing me these days and R2 was a big release.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

dialect129 is just getting started

Hey juicy was there ever a fix for mms in verizon i still cant get it to work..i barely use it but the thought of 90 percent working is killing me..great rom but yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 11-04-2009, 12:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

citats is keeping up the good workcitats is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy47 View Post
Looks like I have quite a bit of work to do to get carrier stuff working nicely... question: are the carrier cabs useful, or does it bring more bugs than features

Also some people mentioned 21874 and COM5 builds like 23502 and 23504... im aware of all of these and testing them out for R3... but I need some down time. Work is killing me these days and R2 was a big release.
In the case of Telus the carrier selection worked great, keyboard didn't require fixing either.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Sprint

mjodotcom is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflynt View Post
Ok, guys, I don't know what to tell you on troubleshooting it, but I installed the Sprint Provisioning when I flashed, or it asked, and installed for me. I have tested Update Profile, it comes back says no update available or needed whatever. Update PRL says it updated and restarted the radio, if it doesn't restart the radio just go into the connection manager and bounce the phone. QuickGPS updated on its own, but I tested again just now, works fine. Updates and then goes back to the home screen.

So not saying it isn't working for ya, but just like in the TP1 days, if things don't work, first try soft reset, next try hard reset then if that don't work, reflash, if that don't work might try downloading the rom again maybe you got a corrupted one. The rules unfortunately in rom flashing haven't changed. Just gotta keep trying. If it was an everyone having the same issue then obviously there is a problem, but for just a few here and there, then I would tend to say it is an issue with the settings of your phone. Maybe go into the phone settings make sure GPS is turned on etc. That used to be the fix on the old TP1.

Sorry you are having issues, I know it can be frustrating. But it isn't Juicy's fault that I am aware of unless maybe he has done something intentionally to make it not work on phones here and there but work on others heh.

Good luck, do report back any findings. We do need a FAQ or something.
I understand, trust me I have pretty much tired everything here! I even flashed back to stock, did a hard reset (also tested quickGPS to make sure it worked on the stock ROM), then flashed to juicy, did a hard reset. I still can't get quickGPS to work - it just fails right away and gives me a connection error. Normal GPS works ok - but it performs much worse than it did when I was on the stock rom.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

viper8u2 is keeping up the good workviper8u2 is keeping up the good workviper8u2 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy47 View Post

Yeah not sure, yours is the first rom I seen split up cdma1x and evda options. I just assume let the phone control it automatically. I just tried the wifi internet sharing app and I got it to connect but its slooooooow. while connected I went to speedtest.net on a laptop and got .14mb DL? I just went to mobilespeedtest.com and it says 17kbps??? WTF anyone else getting super slow speeds?
Old 11-04-2009, 12:17 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

works great and looks great! highly recomended and video will be emailed to juicy by tomorrow night and he will get added so you have a walkthrough of what to expect.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development