PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2010, 04:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EvoLTE,3D, Iphone 4s
Carrier: Sprint

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach
Re: + [ROM] [01/13/10] JUICY ROM (21889.5.0.87) [Landscape Sense UI] [XDA UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by draven11722 View Post
I just flashed R8 on my phone from R5 and all is well except the quick links area. I installed the juicy47_16_bg4all.cab to expand the quick links from 9 to 12 and it messed up the home screen. The quick links are now gone. Is there a different cab that is R8 specific for this?
thats because R8 is using the newer 1922 manilla.
I think santod has 16 quick link working on 1922 over in the TP2 themes forum.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

slow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieB View Post
Don't know if this will help you, but I've experienced the same issue. Once I sent a plain text via MMS and it got stuck in the Outbox. Deleted it, and everything else sent.

Try deleting the top message in the list and see if the others will send.
I had around 8 messages stuck in my outbox.. I was mass texting for a bday event.
I ended up deleting all messages and restarting the phone, but that didn't fix it.

What did fix it though is going to the comm manager, turning off the phone for about 1min, then turning it back to the "on" position!
I was a minute away from reloading my phone, haha.
**scratch that.. didn't work

Last edited by slow4g63; 01-27-2010 at 05:05 PM. Reason: **scratch that.. didn't work
Old 01-27-2010, 05:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

draven11722 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k4mach View Post
thats because R8 is using the newer 1922 manilla.
I think santod has 16 quick link working on 1922 over in the TP2 themes forum.
Thanks i will look into it.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:28 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieB View Post
Don't know if this will help you, but I've experienced the same issue. Once I sent a plain text via MMS and it got stuck in the Outbox. Deleted it, and everything else sent.

Try deleting the top message in the list and see if the others will send.
thanks for the reply, good to know i'm not the only one with this text stuck in outbox problem. deleting doesn't fix it for me and i can't deal with having to do that. picmail isn't a big deal but i text a lot, so i need them sent without any doubts.

i'm guessing it's because of the new 1922 sense2.5. sight, juicy rom took a leap forward with landscape sense in r8, but unfortunately i feel it took 2 huge leaps back with the bugs that come with the new stuff... stuck texts and i noticed ram usage is much higher now... opera mini closes itself now... i'm afraid to even try opera mobile 10. ram management is the only reason i stuck with juicy for the last couple months as it was the best out there for 2.5. jumping back to r6, glad i saved a copy
i'll be waiting for r9!
Old 01-28-2010, 04:50 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Telus

EvilDeadFan is just getting started

Has anyone else seen the issue where using the Juicy R8.. the order in which the texts appear in HTC messaging are not correct? So with using the threaded style HTC messaging which is default, and much preferred by me, when I Message anyone, girlfriend, dad, etc, my messages appear at the top of the conversation, and the other person's responses appear at the bottom instead of at the time they were sent/received.

Does anyone know a fix for this, or a setting?? Will give mad thanks for help.

Oh right, another thing I noticed that is a little off.. My building has no cdma reception in the bathroom, which is in the middle of the building I work in. As soon as I enter it, my phone asks if I want to switch to global mode, so I select "NO" and "remember this setting etc". The next time I enter it, it did not remember that setting. Yes, I do have a gsm sim in it, but it is not for local service. (Telus sim in a telus phone, but Telus's new hsdpa network does not support the band the TP2 uses.)

Last edited by EvilDeadFan; 01-28-2010 at 04:57 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/800w/HTC TP/TP2/HD2
Carrier: Sprint/Tmobile

Improve is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDeadFan View Post
Has anyone else seen the issue where using the Juicy R8.. the order in which the texts appear in HTC messaging are not correct? So with using the threaded style HTC messaging which is default, and much preferred by me, when I Message anyone, girlfriend, dad, etc, my messages appear at the top of the conversation, and the other person's responses appear at the bottom instead of at the time they were sent/received.

Does anyone know a fix for this, or a setting?? Will give mad thanks for help.

Oh right, another thing I noticed that is a little off.. My building has no cdma reception in the bathroom, which is in the middle of the building I work in. As soon as I enter it, my phone asks if I want to switch to global mode, so I select "NO" and "remember this setting etc". The next time I enter it, it did not remember that setting. Yes, I do have a gsm sim in it, but it is not for local service. (Telus sim in a telus phone, but Telus's new hsdpa network does not support the band the TP2 uses.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Improve View Post
OK you need to Erase all your messages and then install the 2016 cab. Soft reset and you will be good.

I included the other cab if you want to disable HTC Messaging. I found it works best if you install it soft reset and then reistal it to disable it, soft reset once more and your good to go, if you want to keep it.
I originaly posted the Cabs you need to install for this to work on Page 549, Post #5460.

Last edited by Improve; 01-28-2010 at 05:24 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint 4G

kash23 is keeping up the good workkash23 is keeping up the good work

Im dying for a R9 fix already!
Old 01-29-2010, 07:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

i've been having major issues with this rom with sense 2.5 1922... memory leaks and now i just realized i cant send a text in landscape mode with htc messaging... it just freezes after i start typing in landscape and i dont even have a lot of messages saved or anything. im used to lag in htc messaging from previous roms but never ran into freezing issues. this thread has been real quiet the last week... everyone else find the latest version unusable for daily use too?

ive been too lazy to go back to r6 or find a new rom, but i think it's time.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

neverwake02 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Improve View Post
OK you need to Erase all your messages and then install the 2016 cab. Soft reset and you will be good.

I included the other cab if you want to disable HTC Messaging. I found it works best if you install it soft reset and then reistal it to disable it, soft reset once more and your good to go, if you want to keep it.

Thanks for your help here. After doing the above, I have come upon a new problem. The messaging tab at the bottom indicates an unread message (1) and the LED blinks green indicating a new message when all messages are read. Also, when the phone is placed face down during a call, the speakerphone activates as it should, however the backlight remains on. The volume rocker doesn't mute the phone ringer either. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Other than that, everything works great!

Last edited by neverwake02; 01-29-2010 at 11:09 PM.
Old 01-30-2010, 01:17 AM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
i've been having major issues with this rom with sense 2.5 1922... memory leaks and now i just realized i cant send a text in landscape mode with htc messaging... it just freezes after i start typing in landscape and i dont even have a lot of messages saved or anything. im used to lag in htc messaging from previous roms but never ran into freezing issues. this thread has been real quiet the last week... everyone else find the latest version unusable for daily use too?

ive been too lazy to go back to r6 or find a new rom, but i think it's time.
I have the same issue; if I use the keyboard for a SMS...I think it works sometimes, but don;t try anymore cause I have to pop off my sedio case, then the back of the phone to reset...too much of a pain, so i use the on-screen kb...I too need a R9 fix

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development