PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2009, 03:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

ht311 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [12/09/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R6 (21884) [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveholtam View Post
Ahhh, a self-quote! Ugly, I know. But.... I thought I fixed my ringer problem last night. But what I discovered today is that the the phone only rings with with known contacts, and only if they have a ringer set.

All new contacts start with a default ringer of NONE. So unless I manually add a ringer to each contact the phone will not ring. If a caller is unknown, the phone will not ring.

Any thoughts on how I might fix this?
I have a ringer problem as well, but it is directly related to Opera mobile beta 2 update. I try it with a fresh R6, the ringer works, then i install Opera b2u, the ringer stop working, after I uninstall that. it work again
Old 12-23-2009, 03:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint 4G

kash23 is keeping up the good workkash23 is keeping up the good work
Talking Re: [ROM] [12/09/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R6 (21884) [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by daintyboy609 View Post
Without being lectured you would not be a Super Saiyan right now . But in the famous words of Jmorton
Ha..maybe your right.
Old 12-23-2009, 05:01 PM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400
Carrier: Sprint

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr

Quote:
Ahhh, a self-quote! Ugly, I know. But.... I thought I fixed my ringer problem last night. But what I discovered today is that the the phone only rings with with known contacts, and only if they have a ringer set.

All new contacts start with a default ringer of NONE. So unless I manually add a ringer to each contact the phone will not ring. If a caller is unknown, the phone will not ring.

Any thoughts on how I might fix this?
have u installed any 3rd party audio apps? if so which?

Old 12-23-2009, 05:44 PM
DevilbearNY

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

HTC Messaging Cab where ?
Old 12-23-2009, 06:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

steveholtam is keeping up the good worksteveholtam is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mmyr View Post
have u installed any 3rd party audio apps? if so which?
Yeah, I do have Core Player on the phone. I have discovered some more information though.

All the pre-installed ringers are indicating corrupt. I was able to put a new wav ringer onto my phone, (in the root) and the phone is now ringing again for unknown callers with that ringer. An easy way to test what is going on is to switch out of Sense. In Sence mode, it will let you sample and select a broken ringer. But is Windows mode, if you try to select a broken ringer, it will give you the corrupt message. There was one preinstalled ringer that did work. Something with dogs barking and maybe one other. Both were in the root. So maybe there is something to do with that.
Old 12-23-2009, 08:23 PM
Threadstarter

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Yeah, I do have Core Player on the phone. I have discovered some more information though.

All the pre-installed ringers are indicating corrupt. I was able to put a new wav ringer onto my phone, (in the root) and the phone is now ringing again for unknown callers with that ringer. An easy way to test what is going on is to switch out of Sense. In Sence mode, it will let you sample and select a broken ringer. But is Windows mode, if you try to select a broken ringer, it will give you the corrupt message. There was one preinstalled ringer that did work. Something with dogs barking and maybe one other. Both were in the root. So maybe there is something to do with that.
ive noticed that as well. i have coreplayer installed and read another thread with a similar problem and they said the problem is caused by something screwing with some file associations. i noticed a few of my wma files (the text one most notably) alert-faderhigh also breaks, however my alarm-beeps always works for my reminders. ive been using a custom mp3 i cabbed up and havent had the issue yet since these last 2 flashes
Old 12-23-2009, 08:48 PM
Threadstarter

nevermind, i just noticed i missed a call cuz the ringer didnt ring and was holding my phone in my hand when a 2nd call came in, it vibrated but no ring ring.....hmmmmm, and this is witha custom mp3 set as ringtone. i just changed a few video associations in coreplayer but didnt touch any audio, ill soft reset now and hope the ringer sticks til we find a definative fix for this serious problem
Old 12-23-2009, 10:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

nbaj2k is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_IV View Post
If you goto the Setting Tab and then Sound and Display, under the Volume section, turn OFF the "Single Volume" switch. This will allow for separate volumes.
Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!
Old 12-23-2009, 11:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

thedoc is keeping up the good workthedoc is keeping up the good work

yea i also had ringer problems, still youtube problems! and also could not use custom bootup screens(dont know why)

but anyways although i like juicy rom and his work, i found rom that "better for me" that fixes those problems and is fast and stable!

keep up the work juicy and ill probably be back if R7 doesnt have those problems! (especially the youtube volume problem grrr!)
Old 12-24-2009, 08:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint 4G

kash23 is keeping up the good workkash23 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilbearNY View Post
HTC Messaging Cab where ?
If you go back to like page 430 or 431 i have the cab and information on how to set it up posted. If you don't want to read back, you can always click the paperclip icon on the thread and find all the posted cab's in this thread.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development