PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2010, 11:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: verizon

Richw is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ║MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Sense UI║

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstretch View Post
I too had a psuedo hard reset occur after trying to install an app from MS Marketplace. The install seemed to have frozen so I tried to close out of Marketplace. That seemed to be messing with Sense, so I soft reset. First time, phone froze at the orange Windows boot screen, then soft reset again and it finally booted up. Strange though - all programs are installed and mail settings, but all my start menu icons are rearranged, and the MR Provisioning tool launched automatically. Also, my background was reset and the shortcuts the Home Sense UI page were gone.

So it didn't totally Hard Reset but seemed to have done a half hard reset...??? I came from MM's 2/10 sense 2.1 ROM and did NOT flash back to stock before flashing to this ROM. I did however clear storage though... I'm going to wait for more people's thoughts on all this and then do the full flash dance using Sprint's new stock ROM.
I was just updating some contact photos, it got funky and all my contacts disapeared. I tried to sync to get them back and it would not connect. Yada yada yada .... soft reset turns into half baked full reset that brought up provisioning that failed....Hmmm - bummer to lose all the set up
Old 03-24-2010, 11:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

echew is keeping up the good workechew is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypeo View Post
You can't set up Hotmail by going to your email setup tab, you have to use Windows Live. That will Sync your hotmail like you want too.
and about the browser, I've had no problems with mine!

Yes you can...

Configure a new POP3 account, when it asks for email addy, put in a fake one like email@hm.com. Then the pop3 server is pop3.live.com and smtp is smtp.live.com. Then once the account is set up, go back and edit your email address to your correct one. Works like a charm for me!
Old 03-24-2010, 11:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

asunners is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by echew View Post
Is anyone having issues with a corrupted phone screen? Buttons all messed up while in a call???
I've got the same problem. Keypad and End Call works if you can figure out where to hit it, but mute, speaker etc don't work and are all on top of one another. It seems like the addition of the contact buttons at bottom of the screen messed up the alignment.

I had to hard reset a couple of times, but ended up re-flashing last night - no luck. I'm going to try the full flash dance tonight and then load cabs/reg/xml one at a time rather than use XDA-UC.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:09 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

So I get up this morning to find that my phone froze and when I soft reset it it did a hard reset.

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

lthown is a n00b
Re: Album doesn't play audio in some MP4 files

Quote:
Originally Posted by lthown View Post
I just tried a mp4 video in the album and I get no sound. Other programs play sound fine.
OK, I did some more testing and *Some* MP4 files play OK - ones that I converted with TMPGenc as a non-avc file. The ones that I made with mencoder guis (like "HTC Touch HD Video Encoder 1.21" and "Mp4ForHD") all come through with no sound at all. I'm attaching a sample mp4 that works on the MightyROM_RhodiumW_021010 release but not MightyROM_RhodiumW_032310 - it seems to be an issue localized to the album, all other programs play the files fine (well without hardware acceleration, but the sound plays) TCMP and Core player among others.

I suspect something in the Album_3_2_20122028_00 that's new in this release broke aac decoding for AVC MP4 files
Attached Files
File Type: rar HD Video Converter.rar (1.29 MB, 35 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: rar TMPGenc isoMp4.rar (1.29 MB, 27 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by lthown; 03-24-2010 at 11:14 AM. Reason: attached wrong tmpgenc example
Old 03-24-2010, 11:14 AM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
I love this taskbar. unfortunately it messes up notification enhancements as your sshot shows. Hopefully we can get this revised to work with the new roms

Part of why it is doing that is HTC has made some serious upgrades to both the volume control and Notifications enhancement. I'll take a look at it over the next few days and get them upgraded.

WM 6.5 Taskbars | GadgetROM for Touch Diamond

Donations are always strictly voluntary and completely appreciated. Thank you!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: US Cellular

dave0812 is just getting started

I saw earlier in the thread someone asking about the two white lines on the homescreen. Anybody got a fix for it. I remember back from the touch pro 1 days there used to be a manilla position fix cab. WOuld something like that work here??
Old 03-24-2010, 11:20 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

djqwikcut is keeping up the good workdjqwikcut is keeping up the good work

Hey guys.. Im still on the 2/1 might (which works so well) and have a question.. When i go into contact and hen to the tab in the contact that is for text messaging and try to send a text message to them, it appears that it goes but doesnt show up in the top where the conversation should be and the person never gets it. If I do it from the regular text messaging tab on the TF3d main tabs then it works... any ideas?
Old 03-24-2010, 11:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2

bhart03 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by asunners View Post
I've got the same problem. Keypad and End Call works if you can figure out where to hit it, but mute, speaker etc don't work and are all on top of one another. It seems like the addition of the contact buttons at bottom of the screen messed up the alignment.

I had to hard reset a couple of times, but ended up re-flashing last night - no luck. I'm going to try the full flash dance tonight and then load cabs/reg/xml one at a time rather than use XDA-UC.

I have had the same problem several times. I think I have flashed 2 times since last night. My screen freezes and is non responsive, I reset it and it would hang up on the mightyRom screen with the Red text on the bottom. I put it on charge last night and all was good, then this morning it was locked up again, and after messing with it for a while I ended up reburning again. By that I mean Load Stock Rom, Clear Ram, Activate Phone, Load MightyRom, Clear Ram, Set up for Verizon.... Any Help would be appreciated.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

mrsamtee is keeping up the good workmrsamtee is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave0812 View Post
I saw earlier in the thread someone asking about the two white lines on the homescreen. Anybody got a fix for it. I remember back from the touch pro 1 days there used to be a manilla position fix cab. WOuld something like that work here??
I had that issue too...what i did was simply switch to a theme that natively comes with 6.5 such as classic blue, dvf green, rock and republic black, vera wang red, or ron arad orange. The theme mighty placed on it by default after flashing reveals those white lines. Give it a shot and let me know. hope it works!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2